Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just bought a 6ft punch bag and need to know whats the best material to use to fill it with. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    The hearts of your enemies! Mwah ha hahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    concrete

ReputationRep:
    sand....

....harvested from the souls of your nemesis

ReputationRep:
    Haha no, really.. sand!

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I prefer cloth scraps. You don't need any sand to get it up to the right weight, just fill it up a bit then pack it down with a broom handle. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    Soon enough the bag'll be the right weight and feel correct to punch as well. Some people put sandbags in the middle but I find they tend to settle to the bottom eventually.
    Apparently leather scraps make the best stuffing, but just hit up the charity shops and get whatever you can there.

ReputationRep:
    pmsl

bet you don't box do you?

if you wanna hit bags then learn how to box by joining your nearest ABC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
    pmsl

bet you don't box do you?

if you wanna hit bags then learn how to box by joining your nearest ABC

The gym I go to has quite alot of characters who are all into like underground fighting, do ufc and things like that. So theres punch bags and things, and by no means am I tough or into anything like that. But I do like boxing, know good routines as beginners on the bag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattw89)
    The gym I go to has quite alot of characters who are all into like underground fighting, do ufc and things like that. So theres punch bags and things, and by no means am I tough or into anything like that. But I do like boxing, know good routines as beginners on the bag?
    There's no 'routines' on the heavy bag itself, you throw combinations. HENCE why you need to know how to box because otherwise you're doing everything completely wrong.

I do 6 rounds of:

2 minutes heavy bag
    30 seconds crunches/press-ups

as a routine normally

ReputationRep:
    A nice warm up and a good way to test your stamina is to throw a punch, do a press up.
    Then straight up, throw two, then back down to do two press ups.
    Keep working your way up to as high as you can go in 2.5 minutes, over time you'll see the number you get to, increase.

Have a look around YouTube for some heavy bag workouts though, there's plenty out there.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.