Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They seem quite cheap, but are they any good? I want a cheap haircut, but I don't want to look like I have a cheap haircut!
    And I like the idea of not having to make an appointment, but does that mean you have to wait around for ages before someone is free to cut your hair?

ReputationRep:
    I went a few weeks ago...it was alright actually. Doesnt look cheap really! Just a few layers and the fried ends off from where i straigten it to death.

But i went the day after fathers day and the hairdresser asked me if i saw my dad on fathers day, my reply was "no..." (hoping she'd drop it)

"Really?! You didn't even see your dad on fathers day?!"
    "no, i didn't"....
    "Why not?!"
    "well, he's dead."
    "Oh my god! Im so sorry" and she blushed instantly and began blow drying the same piece of my hair over and over through embarrassment

and i started laughing. I probably looked like a right sadist. But I found it hilarious.

Thing is, when i asked her...turns out she didnt see her dad on fathers day, she hasnt spoke to him for 5 years....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    It really depends who you get. It's so inconsistant - one day you'll get the perfect cut and the next you'll have awful uneven hair that will make you cry. They'll pretty much accept anyone straight out of college with no further training.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand them. They barely do anything and what they do do is pretty sub-standard. Id save an extra £20 and get a decent cut.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going for a drastic change go somewhere really good like T&G, if you only want a trim go to supercuts

ReputationRep:
    When I had my hair done it was actually quite expensive, rushed, and not how I wanted it. I also had to 'come back in 2hrs' because they were busy. So much for not needing to make an appointment...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.