Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend going to stay at indian ymca in fitzrovia, i would like to know on their behalf what it is like. good and bad points. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    They do a fairly nice lunch. That's all I know...

ReputationRep:
    You mean the one off TCR? I've got a mate that reckons it's a bit cold in winter, that's all..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone live/d there?

ReputationRep:
    hey ive lived there. and its awful if your looking for your space... unless u ahve an ensuite, u have to share bathroom and the conditions are bad.,ive had calls from recption i id be willing to SHARE my bedroom with random people, theres a CURFEW! of 11pm, if you come after, you have to ring the bell to be let in because its all locked up and u have to sign the LATE book, cos its not "in their culture" for late nights... its just rubbish and awul and a univsirty student... the lunch, dinner breakfast are the SAME everyday... no vareity and the only fun thing they promote and encourge is the library they have. so ye... its ****. not worth the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MK_7)
    hey ive lived there. and its awful if your looking for your space... unless u ahve an ensuite, u have to share bathroom and the conditions are bad.,ive had calls from recption i id be willing to SHARE my bedroom with random people, theres a CURFEW! of 11pm, if you come after, you have to ring the bell to be let in because its all locked up and u have to sign the LATE book, cos its not "in their culture" for late nights... its just rubbish and awul and a univsirty student... the lunch, dinner breakfast are the SAME everyday... no vareity and the only fun thing they promote and encourge is the library they have. so ye... its ****. not worth the money.
    Wow....very interesting. So do you get penalised for a late night or do they just look at you like dirt? You can say no to people sharing your room right? and just out of interest...it's not just indian people there right? any chinese or european? Any good points =p, because it's my girlfriend who is gonna be staying there lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol no. just indians. its awful... they are all fresh with nothing in common.(i AM indian btw , my parents threw me in there and i HATED it and i didnt have a life).. and you get penalised as in you have to sign the late book, im sure somethin happens if you keep signin it... also your not allowed overnight guests OR visitors (but i snuck in a few when it was really busy). xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, anything good about it other than the food?

ReputationRep:
    Indian YMCA :rofl:

I lol everytime I walk past.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got anymore info?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick213)
    anyone got anymore info?
    It's a YMCA. That tells you all you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    It's a YMCA. That tells you all you need to know.
    Hahah I cracked up, especially MK_7s response.
    Thanks for the info.

Indian YMCA :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Who said YMCA

ReputationRep:
    fit location though. you can come hang out with all the amazing ramsay people while you're there if the people are rubbish. the indian ymca is attached to our halls. we're amazing, sorry about the fire alarms.

ReputationRep:
    Massive lulz.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.