Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to cut down on fuude? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Allo ello,

I am 5'8". I used to weight about 78kg, had a body fat % of 19.6% and a muscle mass % of 45%. And with the right motivation I used to be able to jog for about 40mins non-stop.

For the past few months ive been eating so much i can really notice the gain in fat. I now weigh 83kg. Body fat is over 20% and muscle mass is 42%. My fitness in taekwondo and boxing hasnt been affected much - my kicks are much stronger. I can lift much heavier weights than before. Unfortunately i can only jog for about 15mins max before being forced to take a break (running makes me wanna go take a number 2 in the gents).

I can't get back into my better shape (and obvs improve more from there on) if i keep eating so much food. I'm a chocoholic - chocolate was never a problem before, it was an important part of my diet since i hardly consumed carbs and sugars which my taekwondo coach reccomended me to get. my worst enemy is stuff like biscuits and cake and all that crap. i cant seem to control my appetite anymore.

It's the diet the only problem here? if i simply force myself to regulate my eating like before and continue training will my body revert to the much better state it was?

cheears mateys

(Original post by Arabassist)
    Allo ello,

I am 5'8". I used to weight about 78kg, had a body fat % of 19.6% and a muscle mass % of 45%. And with the right motivation I used to be able to jog for about 40mins non-stop.

For the past few months ive been eating so much i can really notice the gain in fat. I now weigh 83kg. Body fat is over 20% and muscle mass is 42%. My fitness in taekwondo and boxing hasnt been affected much - my kicks are much stronger. I can lift much heavier weights than before. Unfortunately i can only jog for about 15mins max before being forced to take a break (running makes me wanna go take a number 2 in the gents).

I can't get back into my better shape (and obvs improve more from there on) if i keep eating so much food. I'm a chocoholic - chocolate was never a problem before, it was an important part of my diet since i hardly consumed carbs and sugars which my taekwondo coach reccomended me to get. my worst enemy is stuff like biscuits and cake and all that crap. i cant seem to control my appetite anymore.

It's the diet the only problem here? if i simply force myself to regulate my eating like before and continue training will my body revert to the much better state it was?

cheears mateys
    I'm no authority on this matter (infact, i would go so far as saying i know almost nothing about it), but for me, drinking water and chewing gum seems to replace my appetite for food by filling it with .. water and chewing gum :unsure: Hope that made sense :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    meh i cant chew gum with my braces, its very uncomfortable

but i get your point. ill have to find a substitute like...low fat yoggurtties....or milk

you're a good man Lefty Leo, you're a good man.

ReputationRep:
    I love chocolate too. Cake as well, basically all sweet stuff is my achilles heel.
    What I find works quite well is not to deny myself it completely, but let myself have a chocolate bar if I otherwise eat healthily all day. So not eating whatever I want whenever I want is easier knowing that I will get to eat something that I want in the end, and if I eat my unhealthy thing late in the evening then there is no time left for me to continue to eat unhealthily, if that makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    Stop eating it.

ReputationRep:
    lol at chocolate being an important part of your diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    lol at chocolate being an important part of your diet.
    lol, I'll admit to eating loads of choccies

but I'll also admit to it being very poor in nutrition and I only eat it cos I'm weak =[

ReputationRep:
    How abouts grow some self control? Its not that hard to eat less. Put less on your plate, cook less to begin with and just dont buy things like cakes or chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    yeaaaaaah

ReputationRep:
    A good idea is to brush your teeth after meals - I find I don't want to eat anything between them that way.

ReputationRep:
    I have a little bit of an eating problem which caused me to put on almost a stone during exams when I wasn't going to the gym and caused me to make zero progress when going the gym, but I think I've managed to get it under control now (making progress at the gym again)

Here are the main things that helped/ are helping me get it under control:
    - when i feel hungry, drink a glass of water instead
    - avoid going into the kitchen unless needed to stay out of temptations way.
    - think "do i really need this or am I just eating because I'm bored/ for the taste?" when I feel the urge to go and eat something
    - have slightly larger portions of healthy things at mealtimes so I'm less hungry for unhealthy snacks

ReputationRep:
    Since around January i just started eating healthy. Not less just more healthy and playin basketball a couple of times a week in addition to weight lifting. I've had good results my 6 pac has come out and i've put on alot of weight but it's muscle not fat. Also i do have my sundays when i eat an unhealthy meal otherwise i think i would go crazy and if i do eat something unhealthy i make sure that same evening i do an intense cardio session.

ReputationRep:
    Allo ello,

cheears mateys

Drink alot of water, chew alot of gum, eat alot of the good stuff so you're not hungry for the crappy stuff, and i find that green tea fills me up and i don't feel hungry anymore, it might work for you too!
    hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Drink alot of water, chew alot of gum, eat alot of the good stuff so you're not hungry for the crappy stuff, and i find that green tea fills me up and i don't feel hungry anymore, it might work for you too!
    hope that helped!
    If i drink too much water i find my food seems to digest quicker and i get more hungry. I think these sort of diets dont work as they are not sustainable for most people and thus your weight goes up and down like a yoyo.

ReputationRep:
    What's fude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    If i drink too much water i find my food seems to digest quicker and i get more hungry. I think these sort of diets dont work as they are not sustainable for most people and thus your weight goes up and down like a yoyo.
    well, it worked for me! I lost 23 kilos in 2 months (with 2 hrs gym 6 days a week) and still going

ReputationRep:
    I know its weird, but I like drinking diet coke, or somesuch which has little calories, but fills me up. Or I brush my teeth between meals so I don't want to eat.
    (another. much much much less healthy one is smoking. I used to smoke and that cut my appetite like crazy)

ReputationRep:
    Allo ello,

cheears mateys
    Looking good is always a challenge... I have however learned a few lessons on diet over the past few months... The more you eat, the more hungry you get. If you cut down on your lunch today then u will want to eat lesser than average for lunch the other day. I wld however not suggest chewing gums... You end up smelling not quite good in the end and they can also lead to acidity (gastritis).
    Bonne chance avec ton mission!

ReputationRep:
    Sex is a pretty good appetite suppressant. If you're expecting sex you eat less because you don't want to be bloated, only middle class married couples eat during sex, and I either read a book, sleep, or make a getaway afterwards. That's a good period of time without food.

ReputationRep:
    meh i cant chew gum with my braces, its very uncomfortable

but i get your point. ill have to find a substitute like...low fat yoggurtties....or milk

you're a good man Lefty Leo, you're a good man.

I was actually looking at a carton of semi-skimmed milk yesturday (for some reason:confused: ) and a glass equates to 1.6 grams of fat... I was like wooo!:woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.