Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people feel this (tragic death) deserves more media coverage? It's a German problem in a German court, and that article suggests they are already investigating and reviewing court security. The only thing that covering this murder can achieve is anger, hatred and grief (as proven by the responses in this thread and the response from the Egyptian citizens). Nothing productive can be achieved by mass coverage and quite frankly I don't think the family of the woman or the woman herself deserve to have her death plastered all over the media just for the satisfaction of a view individuals.

They should be able to mourn in peace, without been hounded by the media.

ReputationRep:
    This has been posted at least 3 times on TSR.

Enough of this victim mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Had the murdered woman been a of any other religious persuasion or the attacker been a Muslim this would have gained alot more attention, which is the sad part.
    Not true, it had plenty of press, but the story is almost 2 weeks old now. We don't normally cover murders in other countrys, why would this be any different? Its extra-ordinary that its been covered at all...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this proves that Germany is anti-Muslim, just that there are nutters everywhere.

What is troubling is that no security checks were made. And I think this story has been covered extensively in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaniqua)
    This has been posted at least 3 times on TSR.

Enough of this victim mentality.
    Who cares how many times it's been posted? What does it matter? It wasn't by the same thread starter so obviously he didn't know. Enough of wanting to brush it under the carpet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    But that's completely ridiculous, how on EARTH could that have happened?! This should have been huge news.
    That's what i'm thinking, i heard of it on the andrew marr show last week, even they were like ''how come its not on the news????''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Had the murdered woman been a of any other religious persuasion or the attacker been a Muslim this would have gained alot more attention, which is the sad part.
    What the?

Where is your reasoning and proof for such a ridiculous statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wenzel)
    I don't understand why people feel this (tragic death) deserves more media coverage? It's a German problem in a German court, and that article suggests they are already investigating and reviewing court security. The only thing that covering this murder can achieve is anger, hatred and grief (as proven by the responses in this thread and the response from the Egyptian citizens). Nothing productive can be achieved by mass coverage and quite frankly I don't think the family of the woman or the woman herself deserve to have her death plastered all over the media just for the satisfaction of a view individuals.

They should be able to mourn in peace, without been hounded by the media.
    People feel it should be gaining more coverage because:

1) This happened in a well-developed, wealthy state with a democratic government and a 'solid' justice system.

2) The ludicrous situations surrounding it. Stabbed 18 times, with her husband trying to protect her... with no-one else stopping it, and having the husband shot too.

3) It hasn't gained the coverage it would have gained, had the parties involved been reversed or changed. If it had been: 'extremist stabs pregnant jew/christian in court 18 times', it would have been gained far more attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    What the?

The proof is all around you. Muslims get more bad press than any other religion.

ReputationRep:
    WTF?!?!?!?! Im Egyptian and haven't heard about this until just now! This is ridiculous! The son of a *****! And the poor kid, watched his mother being stabbed to death and his father shot in to the ER, what about all the witnesses in the court room? the judge? THE ******* POLICE? Wtf were they doing? This is an outrage...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Who cares how many times it's been posted? What does it matter? It wasn't by the same thread starter so obviously he didn't know. Enough of wanting to brush it under the carpet.
    It's an obvious and flawed attempt to constantly spout 'omgz look, mozlimz are such victims waa waa!1!!1'.

Pathetic victim mentality.

ReputationRep:
    It's an obvious and flawed attempt to constantly spout 'omgz look, mozlimz are such victims waa waa!1!!1'.

Pathetic victim mentality.
    There is no denying the fact that this woman is the victim, racially and physically. No-one is attempting to say Muslims are such victims. Stop being so senseless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    People feel it should be gaining more coverage because:

1) This happened in a well-developed, wealthy state with a democratic government and a 'solid' justice system.

2) The ludicrous situations surrounding it. Stabbed 18 times, with her husband trying to protect her... with no-one else stopping it, and having the husband shot too.

3) It hasn't gained the coverage it would have gained, had the parties involved been reversed or changed. If it had been: 'extremist stabs pregnant jew/christian in court 18 times', it would have been gained far more attention.
    None of those are reasons. What good can come from the entire world knowing about a murder? What are you going to go do now that you know about it? I'm willing to bet you'll do nothing productive with your freshly gained knowledge. On top of that, the third point is pure speculation with no basis in reality. Murders happen in countries that have a "well-developed, wealthy state [and a] democratic government and a 'solid' justice system" all the time. There is only one part that makes this case unique - it happened in a court room. A German court - nothing whatsoever to do with the UK, hence it is none of our business.

Like I said in my orignal post, nothing productive can be gained by giving this mass-media coverage. Doing so can only induce anger, hatred and grief (again, proven by this thread and the article itself) as well as cause even more problems for the family, who I am willing to bet would much rather mourn in peace and deal with the problem without the media plastering their grief for the world to see just because some people feel victimised on their behalf.

The only thing that would make this mass-news worthy is if the Germans were ignoring it and pretending like nothing happened. But they're not doing that are they? They're investigating and reviewing court security and it's highly unlikely they'll let the murderer walk free. What more do you expect from them? Hindsight is a *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    There is no denying the fcat that this woman is the victim, racially and physically.
    Yes, and you don't need over three threads to attempt to drone this into the heads of other users.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and you don't need over three threads to attempt to drone this into the heads of other users.
    Barca (the OP) was perhaps unaware of being posted on TSR. Besides, he actually was asking why this has not got more news?

ReputationRep:
    Barca (the OP) was perhaps unaware of being posted on TSR. Besides, he actually was asking why this has not got more news?
    It received plenty of news. I remember seeing it in the Daily Mail (of all places) before it was even posted on TSR.

What do you want? Front page news across all newspapers, television shows interrupted to deem this as 'breaking news'?

Now, why don't you remove your tin foil hat and stop acting like such a relentless victim.

ReputationRep:
    It received plenty of news. I remember seeing it in the Daily Mail (of all places) before it was even posted on TSR.

What do you want? Front page news across all newspapers, television shows interrupted to deem this as 'breaking news'?

Now, why don't you remove your tin foil hat and stop acting like such a relentless victim.
    Yes, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    What the?

Don't be naive, ever heard of Islamophobia?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, please.
    Lol, yeah that would be lovely.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Old habits die hard!:ahee:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.