Turn on thread page Beta

Women killed because of her headscarf in courtroom watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaniqua)
    It received plenty of news. I remember seeing it in the Daily Mail (of all places) before it was even posted on TSR.

What do you want? Front page news across all newspapers, television shows interrupted to deem this as 'breaking news'?

Now, why don't you remove your tin foil hat and stop acting like such a relentless victim.
    I haven't seen it before on TSR. Neither have I seen it on any UK news channel, CNN and even Al-Jazeera who always report on big news concerning the Middle East and it's people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Don't be naive, ever heard of Islamophobia?
    Naive?

There's such a thing as homophobia also. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Naive?

There's such a thing as homophobia also. What's your point?
    Does homophobia get so extreme that that someone gets stabbed 18 times?
    erm.. don't think so :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Are you joking? You really don't think so? Wow.

ReputationRep:
    We have bigger issues to deal with in the UK if you have not noticed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I haven't seen it before on TSR. Neither have I seen it on any UK news channel, CNN and even Al-Jazeera who always report on big news concerning the Middle East and it's people.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8144154.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8136500.stm
    http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...led/index.html
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/eu...741172704.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Oh dear. We have another ignoranus who has joined TSR.

Here's an example. How were gay people treated when AIDs/HIV was discovered? They were incriminated for being the primary reason of the spread of the disease.

Need I say more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Oh dear. We have another ignoranus who has joined TSR.

Here's an example. How were gay people treated when AIDs/HIV was discovered? They were incriminated for being the primary reason of the spread of the disease.

Need I say more?
    We could always look at their treatment in Jamaica. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The saddest part of this is the fact that this Muslim woman, who was racially assaulted for wearing a headscarf, took her case to the court, where she felt she would get justice. But no, what happens? She gets murdered, brutally. She felt in a democratic country, like Germany, she would have been able to bring this idiot to justice. Did she forget she was in Germany?

May God have mercy on her soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    I would never trust a German police officer to protect a Muslim person... never.
    This is a bit of a racist generalisation isn't it?
    Lets not mention the number of Europeans getting beheaded in Muslim countries.. Let's just go on about one mad Russian.

I'd also like to point out that when Brits are murdered in Muslim countries, we refrain from protesting with banners in the street reading 'Saudi Arabia are the enemies of God' 'Death to the Middle East', etc.

Perhaps another generalisation, but true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe4wolves)
    This is a bit of a racist generalisation isn't it?
    Lets not mention the number of Europeans getting beheaded in Muslim countries.. Let's just go on about one mad Russian.

We're all as bad as each other.
    Not racist, just a generalisation. But there have been other accounts of people of ethnic backgrounds facing injustice in European countries.

ReputationRep:
    Old news

ReputationRep:
    None of those sources mention the actual incident when it occured, it took her funeral which was a mass demonstration in Egypt for them to take notice, days after it actually occured. Also when I said reported on the news channels I meant on TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wenzel)
    I don't understand why people feel this (tragic death) deserves more media coverage? It's a German problem in a German court, and that article suggests they are already investigating and reviewing court security. The only thing that covering this murder can achieve is anger, hatred and grief (as proven by the responses in this thread and the response from the Egyptian citizens). Nothing productive can be achieved by mass coverage and quite frankly I don't think the family of the woman or the woman herself deserve to have her death plastered all over the media just for the satisfaction of a view individuals.

They should be able to mourn in peace, without been hounded by the media.
    :facepalm2:

This is an unusual thing. A courtroom murder, which makes one concerned about Germany's security. It is in the general European interest to know of such heinous crimes, and condemn them fully.
    Anger, hatred, grief, and whatnot, may be negative emotions, but they are necessary emotions. If this was just covered up, then it would be seen as a conspiracy. There would be even less sense in keeping this incident quiet.

The murderer should be executed. He said that she did not deserve to live, but he was wrong. HE is the person who doesn't deserve to live, for murdering a pregnant mother in a court of law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Just realised that her 3 year old son was in the courtroom whilst all this happened
    She was pegnant too. The guy is a sicko -he should be put away for life. In the uk he would probably be out again after 6 years...

ReputationRep:
    The lady was pregnant too which makes it worse and her little boy saw it all. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    None of those sources mention the actual incident when it occured, it took her funeral which was a mass demonstration in Egypt for them to take notice, days after it actually occured. Also when I said reported on the news channels I meant on TV.
    Because they're updated stories, that's what happens on websites, who wants to read old news when more has happened concerning it. Wtf are you on about it doesn't mention the original incident, read the opening paragraphs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    If she tried to do this in Saudi Arabia, she'd be turned away for not having male witnesses. :rolleyes:
    Erm, I doubt she would get criticised for wearing a headscarf in Saudi Arabia, in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    No, she'd be gangraped and then whipped for adultery for being outside unaccompanied by a husband, father, or brother.
    You need to pick up on your knowledge, big-time.

Not to minimise the brutality of her murder, but Germany can go to hell if it thinks it's acceptable to criminalise insulting people. Bloody fascists...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.