The Student Room Group
Reply 1
my friend got £3000butshe was doing childrens nursing don't know if that makes a difference???
Reply 2
I dont know either. I just try and apply if they dont give it me then they dont at least ill be sure then
if you are doing a diploma and getting the NHS none means tested bursary you are inelegible for the 'LEA' funded grants and loans that other courses have
Reply 4
rachael-69
Hey guys!!!!!!

I am going to be doing the Adult Nursing Diploma Course. I know i will get a nhs busary of about 7 thousand. I know you cant get alot of other help but i was wondering if you can get a partial student loan. Some people you can get around £2000 others say you wont get any.

PLEASE HELP SO CONFUSED

If you get the diploma you can't get loans on top of that. You could apply for hard ship funds at the uni you go to. You'll be getting well over £500 a month, you should be fine!
Reply 5
smilee172
If you get the diploma you can't get loans on top of that. You could apply for hard ship funds at the uni you go to. You'll be getting well over £500 a month, you should be fine!

ah ok, and thanks for helping me out again smilee172
Reply 6
I have been offered a place on adult nursing diploma and will have to travel from stoke to stafford every day. Is there any travelling cost allowance and also what is a typical week like in the first year. For example is is Mon to Fri 9-5 or are there shifts in the first year. Do you have to travel to campus every day?
katiepedley
I have been offered a place on adult nursing diploma and will have to travel from stoke to stafford every day. Is there any travelling cost allowance and also what is a typical week like in the first year. For example is is Mon to Fri 9-5 or are there shifts in the first year. Do you have to travel to campus every day?

I'm afraid only those recieving a means tested bursary get travelling costs incurred, and thats only for plascement. Can't you find accomodation near by?
Reply 8
katiepedley

You don't get an allowance, but you can claim back travel costs. I know for sure that at my uni, people on degree and diploma were both eligible to claim back all travel and parking costs.
Reply 9
thanks for your help
Hiya. I am trying to reply to an unconditional offer I have received from Staffs for the adult nursing diploma. UCAS does not seem to appear to recognise the March start date on their system as I am unable to reply through them yet and the course starts on March 22nd? Can anyone help and let me know about deadlines. How much time do I have to reply?

Latest