Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Strange question this but when/if I have my college interview what should I wear: General jeans and band shirt like always or jeans and button up shirt or trousers and button up?

Just it's been so long since a college interview and I can't remember what I wore =/

ReputationRep:
    Go a bit more smart. For my college interview I wore a knee length skirt with a nice top.

ReputationRep:
    So jeans and a button up shirt?!

I just want to set a good impression for them as I'll be there for a year. I plan to remove my piercings when I go to the interview also because I know having spikes coming out of my lips can be a little intimidating for the inexperienced.

ReputationRep:
    Which bands were you considering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Which bands were you considering?
    Probably either Trivium, Slipknot or Evil Monkey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    So jeans and a button up shirt?!

I just want to set a good impression for them as I'll be there for a year. I plan to remove my piercings when I go to the interview also because I know having spikes coming out of my lips can be a little intimidating for the inexperienced.
    Just a little :p: ...You might as well just walk in with a mace...Go for jeans and a button up shirt, its your safest bet

ReputationRep:
    lol its only a college interview, i wore bright pink tights.

ReputationRep:
    I know but I just wanna be safe and not sorry.

ReputationRep:
    jeans and a shirt? not too dressed up, not too casual, and yeah it remove the venoms

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear a tank, tucked into a high waisted (modest!) skirt.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on what kind of course you're doing.
    I was applying for a postgraduate equivalent course where I was the youngest by a mile with no experience/degree and had to have a formal interview and an aptitude test so I wanted to make a good impression.

If you're going to do a more relaxed course and it's just an informal interview then I guess you could go more dressed down, does it give you any guidance in the letter you got giving you your interview time?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.