Turn on thread page Beta

What to wear? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Strange question this but when/if I have my college interview what should I wear: General jeans and band shirt like always or jeans and button up shirt or trousers and button up?

Just it's been so long since a college interview and I can't remember what I wore =/

ReputationRep:
    Go a bit more smart. For my college interview I wore a knee length skirt with a nice top.

ReputationRep:
    So jeans and a button up shirt?!

I just want to set a good impression for them as I'll be there for a year. I plan to remove my piercings when I go to the interview also because I know having spikes coming out of my lips can be a little intimidating for the inexperienced.

ReputationRep:
    Which bands were you considering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Which bands were you considering?
    Probably either Trivium, Slipknot or Evil Monkey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    So jeans and a button up shirt?!

I just want to set a good impression for them as I'll be there for a year. I plan to remove my piercings when I go to the interview also because I know having spikes coming out of my lips can be a little intimidating for the inexperienced.
    Just a little :p: ...You might as well just walk in with a mace...Go for jeans and a button up shirt, its your safest bet

ReputationRep:
    lol its only a college interview, i wore bright pink tights.

ReputationRep:
    I know but I just wanna be safe and not sorry.

ReputationRep:
    jeans and a shirt? not too dressed up, not too casual, and yeah it remove the venoms

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear a tank, tucked into a high waisted (modest!) skirt.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on what kind of course you're doing.
    I was applying for a postgraduate equivalent course where I was the youngest by a mile with no experience/degree and had to have a formal interview and an aptitude test so I wanted to make a good impression.

If you're going to do a more relaxed course and it's just an informal interview then I guess you could go more dressed down, does it give you any guidance in the letter you got giving you your interview time?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.