Turn on thread page Beta

Cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!111 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Today in yr 10 i had a german speaking exam. We had to learn 6 paragraphs off by heart and say them to a tape whilst it was recording. This was worth 5% of our final German Grade. I overheard someone saying that they cheated. They took a piece of paper into the room where u were meant to record your speach and he read it out. This was a important exam, i just couldnt believe how easy it was too cheat because there are no windows in the room, theres just a man there that goes after a while, if he knows its recording. Anyway what should i do???? Shall i grass or just forget about it because he doesnt deserve the full 5%. The examinig board is AQA should i contact them or something??????????

ReputationRep:
    Unless it sounds like he's blatantly reading something on the tape, i's going to be very difficult to prove. You may as well leave it in my opinion. It's only 5% if he needs that mcuh help for the oral then they'll fail in the exam, so justice will be served.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe in the saying that, "The truth will set you free", then go ahead. But I don't think it's such a biggie. Just leave to the authorities the job of finding out if somebody cheated or not.

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter?
    I mean, does it affect your mark?
    If someone had the inginuity to cheat the system, it isn't there fault for cheating, its the systems fault for giving them a loophole.
    Me personally, i've found these watches that send messages, so i can send and recieve answers in the exam hall without it being too suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish)
    Today in yr 10 i had a german speaking exam. We had to learn 6 paragraphs off by heart and say them to a tape whilst it was recording. This was worth 5% of our final German Grade. I overheard someone saying that they cheated. They took a piece of paper into the room where u were meant to record your speach and he read it out. This was a important exam, i just couldnt believe how easy it was too cheat because there are no windows in the room, theres just a man there that goes after a while, if he knows its recording. Anyway what should i do???? Shall i grass or just forget about it because he doesnt deserve the full 5%. The examinig board is AQA should i contact them or something??????????

its not going to have a detrimental affect on your gcse's so id just forget about it. you cant prove it and just because he said he did it, doesnt mean he actually did. he might just be showing off to his mates.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    its not going to have a detrimental affect on your gcse's so id just forget about it. you cant prove it and just because he said he did it, doesnt mean he actually did. he might just be showing off to his mates.

love Katy ***
    exactly, i dont think its very easy to cheat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    If someone had the inginuity to cheat the system, it isn't there fault for cheating, its the systems fault for giving them a loophole.
    Me personally, i've found these watches that send messages, so i can send and recieve answers in the exam hall without it being too suspicious.
    I like your style...

ReputationRep:
    its year 10, ffs

it'll have nothing to do with the exam board or your final grade - are you sure you aren't doing a load of other internal german exams?

they don't even test you like that at the end

ReputationRep:
    You don't wanna go grassing people up. It's just 100% bad, i agree it's the systems fault. The fact is the exam serves it's purpose none the less... those able to cheat in exams will most likely be able to cheat in life, and grades are meant to judge your performance, enhanced by cheating.

I cheated in a couple of our monthly chemistry exams in year before GCSE's (i couldn't be bothered to revise but i wanted to keep the grades consistent, for my parents sake i.e. my sake) and some fukwit heard from some one else that i had all the answers there with me (not true), he goes and tells me "you tell the teacher by end of lunch or i will", so i'm like, fuk you ****, you don't even know what you're talking about. and it wasn't even an exam that mattered for ****. anyway, he tells the teacher (beacause i always beat him in tests, and he thinks aha you cheated this time), i tell him i'm going to beat him, the teacher tells him to stop being such a child, and tells me that just because i could do it if i worked doesn't mean i should do no work and cheat. The lesson is everyone does cheat, no one gives a **** and it only harms you (to dob or cheat) and so if it doesn't harm you, feel free to do it.

But consider reprocusions before hand.

ReputationRep:
    if it woz part of the exam, they wudnt have left u on u'r own

ReputationRep:
    of course you should grass him up, I mean its not like you have ever even thought about breaking the rules never mind doing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    of course you should grass him up, I mean its not like you have ever even thought about breaking the rules never mind doing it!
    what?!?! don't be such a sad case. He's obviously cheating because he needs the grade that bad or that he's got a lot of guts. Just let it go. WHO CARES?? It sounds to me that you are jealous that he has succeeded in cheating and you don't have the balls to go through with it yourself (I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO CHEAT THOUGH!!!). Just let it go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio)
    I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO CHEAT THOUGH
    Then what are you doing?

It sounds to me that you are jealous that he has succeeded in cheating and you don't have the balls to go through with it yourself
    If that's not encouragement, then I don't know what is.

ReputationRep:
    your one was only worth 5%

ReputationRep:
    what?!?! don't be such a sad case. He's obviously cheating because he needs the grade that bad or that he's got a lot of guts. Just let it go. WHO CARES?? It sounds to me that you are jealous that he has succeeded in cheating and you don't have the balls to go through with it yourself (I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO CHEAT THOUGH!!!). Just let it go!
    Did you bother to read and think about what I said? Now, my friend, stop insulting me.

Read, apply brain, put in context, reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    its year 10, ffs

it'll have nothing to do with the exam board or your final grade - are you sure you aren't doing a load of other internal german exams?

they don't even test you like that at the end
    Fish - different schools do things in different ways. And i think you'll find they *do* test you like that sometime :-(

ReputationRep:
    Whoever it is that has the 'cheating watch', you disgust me with your attitude. As for the person that is considering reporting the cheat at your school, you absolutely should. It is these people that push the grade boundaries artificially high.

ReputationRep:
    Cheat or not exams are a joke... it's a good thing they get pushed higher, i'd rather live with good cheats (i.e. the ones that you think don't) and the intelligent, rather than brethen who only make the grade if cheats are squeeled up on... you disgust me having to grass people up just so you can get ahead. You must be so desperate to do well in your exams, and so paranoid to feel threatened by cheats.

ReputationRep:
    Don't cheat! It's only 5% .PLease

ReputationRep:
    ignore digger. he's spamming now.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.