Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how much does it cost to go on The Pill? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Er, since when? I got all my prescriptions for free in the first year of uni, as did all of my friends.

Yeah, I did for my first term, during which I was 18. From the on-campus pharmacy, no less.

ReputationRep:
    Er, since when? I got all my prescriptions for free in the first year of uni, as did all of my friends.
    As did I too

ReputationRep:
    i got told uni didn't count at my pharmacy... those *****es =(

ReputationRep:
    i'm on the injection and it's freeeeeee. just go get your doc to prescribe the pill or whatever form of concraception you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    i got told uni didn't count at my pharmacy... those *****es =(
    You have to be 16, 17 or 18 AND under full time education to get your prescription for free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedstacker)
    You have to be 16, 17 or 18 AND under full time education to get your prescription for free.
    i was 18 and started uni... they told me uni didn't count as full time education (it doesn't for tax credits either) so i had to pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    i was 18 and started uni... they told me uni didn't count as full time education (it doesn't for tax credits either) so i had to pay
    argh! they must have presume you to be older... you WERE under FULL TIME so you should get it...ah well, it's long ago so nth we can do.

I'm sure you should have got the exception. You should have ticked box C.

ReputationRep:
    FREEEE... Even when you're an adult. All contraceptives are free, you just need a prescription to begin with. I literally did just go to see my GP and say could i go on the pill, a load of my friends are on it and they think it's awesome (quite probably in those words). I'm not sure what all the boxes are on about. I just asked for a prescription, got a prescription, and started taking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Is it always free? I'm wondering which box for free prescriptions I start ticking now I no longer fit into the "16, 17, or 18 and in full-time education" one?
    There will be a box that says something on contraception

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the box which says contraception.

And on a side note, if you go to uni you probably will be earning under the threshhold for free or discount prescriptions/dental/eyecare - you have to get a hc1 form (from your dentist or google it) and fill it in when you get to uni. Takes a long while to process apparently. And I was always told it was when you turn 19 you have to pay if you're in any full time education, inc. uni.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.