(Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    (insert witty reply to weird question)
    Do you not know the origin of your sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    Do you not know the origin of your sig?
    YEAH ACTUALLY

ReputationRep:
    Ermmm, evolution, so we always new how to ****, because our ancestors new how to ****, right back to before. And it's instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    Do you know? I've pondered this question for a long time.
    I've come up with some theories.

Theory A (if a God doesn't exist):
    I believe males already knew they had to do something with their penis (innate behaviour). However they would not necessary know what to do with it, or what to "stick" it.
    Females would have no idea how to have sex. They may occasionally grab a male's penis, but would have no idea what to do next, hence would stand there puzzled.
    So back to the male, by trial and error, guys would start sticking their penis in holes, e.g. golf holes, potholes, holes in trees, hole in the wall etc.

Then it would suddenly dawn on them that they had to stick it in something with a pulse (in order to obtain enjoyment).
    Luckily human females seemed the obvious ones to try as they would be more willing and most attractive to the male (those who stupidly tried with animals, e.g. a woolly mammoth died a painful death, hence the process of natural selection weeding out the idiots).

Of course while men knew they had to put their penis in a "hole" of the female, they did not know which one. They still are not completely sure now, explaining the existence of vaginal, anal and oral sex. Finally one male figured that vaginal sex led to the production of babies. Hence the noble tradition of sex was repeated over and over again, humans reproducing like rodents, explaining the present crisis of overpopulation in the world.:yes:

Theory B (If God exists):
    Adam and Eve were the first two humans. At that time special effects were non-existant. Hence God got two dolls, a barbie doll and a ken doll to act out sex (almost like an educational puppet show), where Adam and Eve oohed and aahed at God's wisdom. God gave Adam and Eve a few Ken and Barbie dolls in order for humans to explain to their offspring how to have sex. However sometimes, by accident parents used two Barbies or two Kens instead of one Barbie and one Ken, resulting in the practice of gay sex. After a while, dolls were no longer needed to explain how sex worked, as so many people were doing it, everyone could easily pick it up.

So do you agree with my theories? What are your theories?
    No I don't agree with your theories and think they're ****** stupid.

Theory 1 - humans evolved and through millions of years of evolution all their primitive behaviour that enables them to survive is instilled in their brain. Just like they become thirsty and their brain tells them to drink they know to stick their **** in a vagina. If a child grew up never being told what sex is he would reach an age where he had the desire to stick his meat moutain into a woman's lonely cavern.

ReputationRep:
    Only a poor understanding of basic biology/evolution would prompt such a thread...

ReputationRep:
    posted anonymously in H&R, and the answer was given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Only a poor understanding of basic biology/evolution would prompt such a thread...
    I have a good understanding of biology. I'm going to be a doctor!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't worry I won't operate on you. Well I will unless you pay me a large amount of money

ReputationRep:
    man sticked his penis in her anus for 100000 years, then some genius came along and said stick your penis in her vagina and therefore so on..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    I have a good understanding of biology. I'm going to be a doctor!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't worry I won't operate on you. Well I will unless you pay me a large amount of money
    I was mostly referring to evolutionary biology, which is not something which is part of your basic medical syllabus.

Even if it was, the phrase 'I'm going to be', does not equate to 'I am', and as such, is completely irrelevant.

I repeat, only a failure to understand some basic biology (admittedly, evolutionary biology) would prompt such a thread. Combine that with the arrogance that people accumulate when they think they're destined to be a doctor, and you've got this.

In any case, a little studying of evolutionary biology will allow you to realise that I am right - you have failed to grasp some basic principles, hence this thread.

ReputationRep:
    They got bored of being asexual :yep: After all would you go back?

If im gonna be boring though it goes all the way back to early organisms such as bacteria fungi and plants. (We can forget that I said that though because imagining early humans sticking it everywhere sounds wayyy more fun... and maybe explains mechaphilia :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    If it's instinct, why do kids suddenly discover from others what sex is rather than just knowing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    If it's instinct, why do kids suddenly discover from others what sex is rather than just knowing?
    The same way babies don't know how to mother a child until they are adults.

Just because something is instinctual doesn't mean it is hard-wired from birth.

Some things are instinct, but require maturation.

Some such things include sexual behaviour, parental instinct, social behaviour, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe no ones mentioned this, but it seems obvious that is it due to evolution (how it evolved is trickier)

The purpose of sex is gene shuffling - so that a population can react and survive in a non-static environment. The most effective and efficient way to maintain a population with the right combination of genes, while at the same time maintaining genes which are not necessary now but may be necessary in the future, is sexual reproduction.

Bacteria are constantly undergoing horizontal gene transfer via their plasmids (circular peices of DNA) and pilus (see pic). Perhaps through some very very strong selective pressures there eventually evolved a mechanism by which this gene transfer occurred in eukaryotes, and to be more efficient required gender-specific roles. Alongside this the behavioural knowledge of what to do during sex would have evolved, or else it would all have been useless. Take for exmaple the fact that when males dont have sex for a while their sperm builds up and they get an urge to "dispose" of it. I dunno much, but a good book I've heard is The Red Queen by Matt Ridley.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the exact details, but i'll bet the males initiated it!!

ReputationRep:
    Just think about it. Humans were pretty bored back then. I mean, REALLY bored. Nothing to do but eat and sleep. So they also started to experiment sex... It just came naturally I guess, since the sex drive is the life drive as they call it. And I'm also pretty sure the people back then were ok with homosexuality and experimented just as freely. They probably didn't bother with morale =]

But on a serious note, it was probably extremely similar to what our non-human ancestors did and was primarily based on an instinctive drive.

ReputationRep:
    Freak hang-gliding accident.

Scientifically proven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    Instinct isn't want it used to be :no:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?

Well, bacteria multiply to reproduce etc, whatever the bacteria eventually evolved into would evolve knowing how to have sex, this would go on throughout evolution. The change between humans and whatever came before them is so small, you have to look at a HUGE timescale to see big differences. So just because a monkey type thing woke up one day with a tiny difference and became a human, it doesn't mean they used a different reproductory method than before. Each species evolve so slowly that they just know what to do, either by copying their parents or just by having it hardwired into their brains already (I don't know which). It's just a natural instinct.

I haven't explained that well AT ALL, but I hope you see what I mean :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    He tried to stick it in her pooper and she slapped him
    ahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah ahahhaahhahahahahahha loooooooooooool!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    YEAH ACTUALLY
    Well what I said was related to it. Where's it from then? :tongue:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.