Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't belive it! I've just turned down a night out with the boys to go to the gym with another bunch of mates!

I know I'll be too tired afterwards to go out and I can't belive I've taken that option! This is a first for me. Not sure if it's a good thing ...

Anyone else done that?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Haven't touched a drop of alcohol or drugs all summer as i've been gymin. Intense stuff!
    Well done man! Keep it up!

The gym is kinda addictive isn't it ...

ReputationRep:
    What you want, a protein cookie?

Plenty of guys give up booze completely for training or when cutting. Its nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna gym it and then go out... try it. I can't see it being an issue. well atm I am struggling to walk because I did my leg workout wednesday but apart from that I usually feel refreshed after a workout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    What you want, a protein cookie?

Plenty of guys give up booze completely for training or when cutting. Its nothing new.
    Is it just me or does a "protein cookie" conjour up bizzare thoughts ... :eek:

I haven't really drunk for ages now as i'm usually driving, at uni or working ... I'm giving up a night out in the company of the beautiful ladies of K&C ...

And I'm not really training for anything or trying to get cut\ripped\shredded ... Or were you talking about ChrisLincoln? If so leave the man alone and give him props for the good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    Is it just me or does a "protein cookie" conjour up bizzare thoughts ... :eek:

I haven't really drunk for ages now as i'm usually driving, at uni or working ... I'm giving up a night out in the company of the beautiful ladies of K&C ...

And I'm not really training for anything or trying to get cut\ripped\shredded ... Or were you talking about ChrisLincoln? If so leave the man alone and give him props for the good!
    Even better, go to gym, then go out, wake up dehydrated as **** but look nice and lean!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Even better, go to gym, then go out, wake up dehydrated as **** but look nice and lean!
    lol

Man, you are hardcore!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm too poor. Haven't touched alcohol since I finished uni at the start of June. We always hit the gym and then go out though, since workout days tend to fall on the good nights and we're out 3+ times a week. If you're in the mood, you're in the mood.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do that a lot but I don't consider myself particularly hardcore for it. As Brotherhood says if you're in the mood you're in the mood and I'm rarely in the mood to be honest.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I only turned down nights out for the gym the next day on Thursdays, and the occasional Sunday. I'd easily go for a night out after the gym (not right after! I'd eat and have a shower first), though, and sleep for like 12 hours.

Also, your avatar reminds me of another poster at another forum who talks about weight training. For a second there I was like "WTF??!"

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I've gone to a club right after going to the gym. I still had chalk on my back in fact.

Somehow I managed to not get laid that night. Not sure how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I only turned down nights out for the gym the next day on Thursdays, and the occasional Sunday. I'd easily go for a night out after the gym (not right after! I'd eat and have a shower first), though, and sleep for like 12 hours.

Also, your avatar reminds me of another poster at another forum who talks about weight training. For a second there I was like "WTF??!"
    haha ... The other guy isn't me ... I'm so knackard I can't imagine being out till 5 in the morning at the mo ...

Been to the gym and have been praticing swiming too. Am shattered, ironicly I could do with a nice rub down but am too tired to go convice someone to come and assit ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Oh yeah, I've gone to a club right after going to the gym. I still had chalk on my back in fact.

Somehow I managed to not get laid that night. Not sure how.
    badtimes ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    badtimes ...
    I had a good time.

The way I see it, I don't have to look at me so if I'm ugly it's someone else's problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I had a good time.

The way I see it, I don't have to look at me so if I'm ugly it's someone else's problem.
    haha ... Interesting philosiphy ..

ReputationRep:
    A regular philosoraptor.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you!

(Not sarcastic)

I find working out quite relaxing, I like going for jogs and stuff, pfft can't afford the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    A regular philosoraptor.
    Nowhere on this page does it say Plato was not a raptor.

ReputationRep:
    Gym is always better than clubbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Good for you!

(Not sarcastic)

I find working out quite relaxing, I like going for jogs and stuff, pfft can't afford the gym
    It is relaxing and good for getting frustrations out when you're annoyed with someone ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.