Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm a bit confused, do you have to write your signature onto your postal order or do you just put it in the envelope and send it off, without your own signature.

*i have had the recipients name typed onto the postal order.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its usually typed... and they ask if you want it crossed or uncrossed...

Crossed: They have to go to bank to get it cleared

Uncrossed: They can simply get money straight away

ReputationRep:
    but would i need my signature on it or not as there is an authorised signature on it already.

ReputationRep:
    would i need my signature on the postal order or not as there is an authorised signature on it already.

ReputationRep:
    Been a long time but I'm pretty sure you don't need to do anything to it.

ReputationRep:
    You don't normally need to sign a postal order.
    You can get it done at the post office desk, tell them who you want it addressed to (their name for example, like on a cheque, not their actual address) and the amount, and the post office worker fills it in for you. You can get it crossed (which means the person you send it to then needs ID to hand it in for the money) or uncrossed (which means anyone can hand it in).

There is normally a small charge on top of the amount you ask for too.

I've done many postal orders in the past 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Not normally.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.