Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm most probably applying for animal behaviour and welfare in 2010. During the first year of the course i will be based at Reaseheath college in Nantwich which is a 40 minute drive from the Chester campus. Then for my second and i believe third i will be living int he Chester campus.

Questions:

What are the Halls called around Reaseheath? because i guess i'll be staying there for the first

During my first year will i need ever to go to chester? if so are there buses/shuttles which are free?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've just finished my first year on ABW so moving out of Reaseheath and out to Chester - so sad to be leaving!

There's two halls for over 18s at Reaseheath - Chetwood and Tomkinson. They're all en-suite and I think both cost the same, but Chetwood is only a couple of years old so in my opinion nicer!

You go over to Chester for one day a week in the first year, and vice-versa once you move to Chester in the second and third years. There's a bus put on by Chester to take you there and back - only bad thing is that it means you might do a lot of hanging around at the uni waiting for lectures to start or waiting for the bus home! But you can always walk into town and just pay for a public bus home.

Anyway hope that's helpful and hope you love it next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erikore)
    Hey, I've just finished my first year on ABW so moving out of Reaseheath and out to Chester - so sad to be leaving!

There's two halls for over 18s at Reaseheath - Chetwood and Tomkinson. They're all en-suite and I think both cost the same, but Chetwood is only a couple of years old so in my opinion nicer!

You go over to Chester for one day a week in the first year, and vice-versa once you move to Chester in the second and third years. There's a bus put on by Chester to take you there and back - only bad thing is that it means you might do a lot of hanging around at the uni waiting for lectures to start or waiting for the bus home! But you can always walk into town and just pay for a public bus home.

Anyway hope that's helpful and hope you love it next year!
    cheers, would you tell me what the course is like ect. life is like in chester? stuff like that.

im also thinking about just animal behaviour but i dunno yet.

it will be in 2010 when i start uni by the way

could you quote me next lol because ive only just found this by chance whilst typing in things to do with chester, i havnt really checked my threads it will just help me when i next come on TSR. ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh snap!)
    cheers, would you tell me what the course is like ect. life is like in chester? stuff like that.

im also thinking about just animal behaviour but i dunno yet.

it will be in 2010 when i start uni by the way

could you quote me next lol because ive only just found this by chance whilst typing in things to do with chester, i havnt really checked my threads it will just help me when i next come on TSR. ty
    hey, i'm totally new to this and not actually sure if I have quoted you but hope it has worked! :p:

what would you like to know? i personally loved reaseheath - as it is quite small it's super friendly and you get to know everybody on campus, especially if you live in (which i assume you would be?)
    it's a really safe, friendly place and in my experience the students were great. although there isn't really a student union, they do try to put something on each night in the bar, but these were usually just like pub quizzes or drinking games and stuff.
    there's one club in nantwich (!) but i personally really liked it. one of the wardens drives mini buses down there every tuesday and thursday night, and picks you up again at like 2am so you don't have to pay for taxis which is great! and as there is only one club, you know a lot of people in there which i really liked :yes:

as for the course, it's really interesting - i especially enjoyed the behaviour module. there are a couple of slightly less interesting (in my opinion) but important modules such as physiology & genetics, and genetics & evolution, but generally the course is really good. even the assignments are interesting as you can nearly always pick your own area to concentrate on, such as a certain animal or group of animals, or establishment such as a zoo or RSPCA etc. although the specific modules might have changed by 2010!
    (have you also seen that there is a foundation course in zoo management? just in case you are specifically interested in that at all)

the animal behaviour course on its own is run 4 days a week at chester, and one day at reaseheath (for a couple of lectures and a practical session), so i didn't really know any of those students and can't give you much info on that course i'm afraid. the only modules we shared with that course were a statistical methods type one, genetics & evoluton, and handling & care - i think that course is slightly more sciency and less practical? but not entirely sure - sorry. :confused:

im afraid i can't tell you much about life in chester either! we only went there once a week this year for our lectures, so i've never been for a night out there or anything, but as a city it's really beautiful and got alright shops, pubs etc! pretty studenty
    (i can update you in september when i move into my house there if you like! )

cheeeeers
    xx

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks alot for replying. i think i am going to choose the bahaviour course by itself though. ty for all your info. definatley update me when you go to chester, ive read alot about it. so i guess ill see you when your iny our 3rd year :P ty

University open days

1. University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. University of Chester
    Warrington Campus and University Centre Shrewsbury Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.