The Student Room Group
post your PS in PS help to get some feed back, if you want

normal stuff, don't repeat yourself, aim for the 2/3 Academic stuff, 1/3 EC's

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Law_Personal_Statements some may have comments on them
Reply 2
It's absolutely vital to make your personal statement flow. I applied for a fine art course and could therefore use vivid imagery to convey my thoughts. Providing the required academic information, I used the remaining characters to illustrate my other art activities. It looks like it worked as I was selected and accepted for 09/10. Remember to stay honest. At least, there's no point in lying about art because they'll sooner or later see right through it. And don't give them something standard, don't dwell too much on your hobbies if they don't matter too much. But show them that you're passionate about your given course.
Reply 3
Honesty.

Personally I'm not so keen on the name dropping since I figure almost everybody reports the same thing. So I try to keep the standard stuff to the minimum.
Reply 4
A good personal statement is one that flows and doesn't ramble. It shows clearly what you want to do and your reasons to support it.

I suggest that the first half is about why you want to do your subject. The next quarter should be about work experiences which support your application, and the last quarter should be about your extra curricular activities.

A short conclusion could be good too.
Reply 5
I suppose, conveying your passion for your subject in as concise a manner as possible, and why you are a good candidate to do the course, citing evidence such as work experience etc.

The concept of a personal statement is, however, ridiculous in the first place.
Reply 6
Thanks everyone :smile:
I'm hoping that's what i've done in my first draft!
Write clearly and succinctly and get your grammar checked before you send it off. My first draft was terrible because I could have written for England but that doesn't mean anyone would have understood it.

Latest

Trending

Trending