Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In your experience, whats the best moisturiser for combination skin? ie skin that can be both oily / prone to acne and also dry in places
    i am prone to acne, which i manage with cream i got from my doctor, except it dries my skin out so much it sometimes cracks / bleeds a little, so i need a moisturiser that wont give me any more spots but keeps my skin moisturised.
    thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Vichy or La Roche Posay!

ReputationRep:
    liz earle. pricey but well worth it. and it lasts a long time. (: the good thing is that you don;t have to use it with other liz earle products either..just combine it with whatever else you use and it still works its magic..or at least in my case and many others..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ^:yes: The 'Simple' one is good.

ReputationRep:
    Nivea, by far.

ReputationRep:
    i loved biore oil free moisuriser - left my face not oily at all, hydrated dry skin, and seemed to keep spots at bay. it was £5 for a pretty small bottle, but i loved it. the boots skin clear oil free moisturiser is nothing in comparison to biore

(Original post by lella_m)
    I have just started using this one and I have combination skin = :yep: recommend definately. Its so nice and light and absorbs well into the skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Simple is good for combination skin.

ReputationRep:
    I like Vanishing Cream from Lush. But tbh, you are going to get loads of different answers from everyone. Everyone has a different opinion! Altho...I have heard lots of good things about Liz Earle. and alot of people have had a bad reaction with Simple products.

ReputationRep:
    Clinique Dramatizingly Different, £16 bottle of wonder!

ReputationRep:
    I find the standard Olay beauty fluid the best combination skin, cos it moisturises but doesn't get greasy. I also love Benefit's You Rebel. It;s a tinted moisturiser that gives really good coverage. I wear it instead of foundation cos my skin is quite dry and foundation dries it out even further. But be warned You Rebel is quite greasy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I use Olay, it's lovely. Simple makes my face feel a bit greasy (I have combination skin...) I also like Neutrogena.

ReputationRep:
    Amie

ReputationRep:
    Simple Derma is great, i use it as i have funny skin (it likes to erupt in random red splotches every now and again) and it is one of the only beauty products that my skin likes!

ReputationRep:
    Good old baby lotion for the face and Palmers Cocoa Butter on my body, it makes my skin so soft :love:

ReputationRep:
    Nivea soft for oily days.
    Nivea creme for dry days. xD
    They never fail me & always leave my face looking dewy and feeling hydrated.

Btw ~ I'm working on a promoting team with Sure Girl who have just realised their new antiperspirant Dance Energy. The gorgeous smelling spray guarantees confidence boosting protectiong throughout the day for those of you who LOVE to dance & more than anything have loads of fun. ^__^ So yeh ~ I hope you guys will decide to give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_woozle)
    In your experience, whats the best moisturiser for combination skin? ie skin that can be both oily / prone to acne and also dry in places
    i am prone to acne, which i manage with cream i got from my doctor, except it dries my skin out so much it sometimes cracks / bleeds a little, so i need a moisturiser that wont give me any more spots but keeps my skin moisturised.
    thanks
    x
    Any moisturiser is fine with me as long as it is labelled 'NON COMODOGENIC' .... My skin is prone to acne aswell.... grr! I hate 'em.

ReputationRep:
    I have oily skin. Simple = bad. Liz Earle = good.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all your help, i chose Nivea moisturising fluid, its really good and is wear i have less spots than before is tarted using it!! x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.