Turn on thread page Beta

Other rashes besides Meningitis that dont fade with glass tumbler test? watch

ReputationRep:
    My mother is very ill and I have noticed a rash on her arm and leg. I rolled a plastic bottle over it (did not have a glass tumbler) to see if it faded and it did not. Are there any other rashes that do not fade with this test? I have searched google and I can't really find anything.

ReputationRep:
    phone the doctor, something like this is usually pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby sexy)
    My mother is very ill and I have noticed a rash on her arm and leg. I rolled a plastic bottle over it (did not have a glass tumbler) to see if it faded and it did not. Are there any other rashes that do not fade with this test? I have searched google and I can't really find anything.
    Are you serious?

With what I assure is greatest respect, get the hell of the computer and get your mother some urgent medical attention.

If she's "very ill" and she's got a non-fading rash then i'd be ringing 999 by now.

I hope she's okay.

ReputationRep:
    id phone for an ambulance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    Are you serious?

With what I assure is greatest respect, get the hell of the computer and get your mother some urgent medical attention.

If she's "very ill" and she's got a non-fading rash then i'd be ringing 999 by now.

I hope she's okay.
    She was taken to hospital this afternoon, I have just got back.

ReputationRep:
    She was taken to hospital this afternoon, I have just got back.
    How is she? At least she's in the best place, now. :console:

ReputationRep:
    have you found out what it was yet? hope everything is ok! i had a rash that was exactly like a meningitis rash before and it turned out to be nothing serious in the end so don't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowpolkadotbikini)
    have you found out what it was yet? hope everything is ok! i had a rash that was exactly like a meningitis rash before and it turned out to be nothing serious in the end so don't worry too much
    Well she has been moved to intensive care, blood septicemia - meningitis is a possibility. I hope she makes it; she is terribly ill. :-(((

ReputationRep:
    Well she has been moved to intensive care, blood septicemia - meningitis is a possibility. I hope she makes it; she is terribly ill. :-(((
    :hugs: She's in the best possible care. You should get some rest so you can go visit tomorrow. I hope she gets better, soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    :hugs: She's in the best possible care. You should get some rest so you can go visit tomorrow. I hope she gets better, soon.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I really hope she gets better soon - hang in there :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.