Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What exactly makes you lose your virginity? watch

ReputationRep:
    maybe still a virgin because he didn't *** all over her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    But as Coy Girl says, in her infinite wisdom, the technicalities aren't worth worrying about!
    :love:

More topically, it sounds like your friend and her boyfriend need to take things more gently. It's pretty normal to encounter a few difficulties of this variety to begin with, so it's important your friend is relaxed, soon enough things will become considerably easier and more enjoyable.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like i'm a virgin cos I was so drunk when I lost my virginity I don't even remember it... the only reason I knew it happened for sure was cos I got pregnant from it. Fun.
    :console: God, that is awful. I know how it feels to be taken advantage of by guys, it is the worst thing in the world. I wish you all the best, the guy was clearly a complete tosser. Seriously though, don't bottle it up - which is what I assume you are doing if posting anon - when I told my best friend it made me feel so much better. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like i'm a virgin cos I was so drunk when I lost my virginity I don't even remember it... the only reason I knew it happened for sure was cos I got pregnant from it. Fun.
    OWNNEEEEEDDD

ReputationRep:
    Technically, she's not a virgin but then why is that particularly important?

ReputationRep:
    There are some options - you've lost your virginity when:

1) You've had straight penetrative sex
    2) You've had oral/anal sex
    3) Your hymen breaks (only applicable to girls)
    4) You've had sex with a person you love and thoroughly enjoyed it

People have different views, either biologically based or emotionally based. Personally, I think virginity is far more relevant emotionally than physically. I rate number 3 as the dumbest. If I had to define losing (my) virginty I am definitely going for 4.

Your friend has not lost her virginity. She didn't have sex. If you put a piece of pie in your mouth, chew it and then spit, have you eaten anything? Um, nope. Not entirely equivalent, but you get the analogy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    OWNNEEEEEDDD
    Appropriate, dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Appropriate, dude.
    i bet she never drank alcohol again

ReputationRep:
    erm...maybe she's had sex?

ReputationRep:
    your hymen is not supposed to break it just stretches out thats why when you have sex for the first time your not supposed to bleed because the hymen is not supposed to break

lots of people dont even know where the hymen is

(Original post by Flying Cookie)
    There are some options - you've lost your virginity when:

1) You've had straight penetrative sex
    2) You've had oral/anal sex
    3) Your hymen breaks (only applicable to girls)
    4) You've had sex with a person you love and thoroughly enjoyed it

People have different views, either biologically based or emotionally based. Personally, I think virginity is far more relevant emotionally than physically. I rate number 3 as the dumbest. If I had to define losing (my) virginty I am definitely going for 4.

Your friend has not lost ehr virginity. She didn't have sex. If you put a piece of pie in your mouth, chew it and then spit, have you eaten anything? Um, nope. Not entirely equivalent, but you get the analogy.
    In that case no girl would lose her virginity the first time she had sex, becuase it is invariably slightly odd/uncomfortable at first if not painful.

Funniest analogy I ever heard is that virginity is like contact lenses. Uncomfortable and weird at first, you get used to it and after a while it becomes quite enjoyeable. lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol guys stop negging me, its true though, she should never have drank that much, and leave your names at least

Lol guys stop negging me, its true though, she should never have drank that much, and leave your names at least
    Your ignorant and mysogynistic attitiude disgusts me, and all of the negging is fully deserved.

ReputationRep:
    Your ignorant and mysogynistic attitiude disgusts me, and all of the negging is fully deserved.
    how am i ? u mad ?

ReputationRep:
    Technically she is not a virgin because actual penetration was made, don't see the big deal though if it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    By conventional definitions, she wouldn't be a virgin any more. But it's a pretty meaningless concept anyway. It just doesn't matter. If she thinks she's a virgin she is one, if she thinks she isn't then she isn't.
    DESPITE SOME OF THE THINGS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING you are a virgin if:
    female- you hymen is intact (unbroken)
    male- you have experienced penetration

ReputationRep:
    as soon as the thing goes in the virginity is gone. it's not a question of is something broken or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roflmaolol)
    boobehs
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    this is so trivial.

ReputationRep:
    So you're pretty much one of those guys who thinks that girls who dress slutty deserve to get raped?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.