Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Party tomorrow.what do i do with myself? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I;m going to a party tomorrow that's my mum's friends 50th birthday.
    I have no idea who the woman is, never mind if there is anyone else my age gonna be around. My younger brother will be there but i just wondered if anyone has any tips oh how to get by what i presume will be quite a boring evening just sitting...i am very tempted to just sit and text all night but don;t wanna seeem tooooo anti social.

ReputationRep:
    Use it as an opportunity to meet people you probably wouldn't have. Get into the party mood (even have a bit of a boogie?? ...maybe) and time will fly be. Sitting at the side just watching makes the whole thing go reallllly sloooowly!!

ReputationRep:
    you're in for a loooong night. old people are boring

ReputationRep:
    Talk to some old people, it won't be that bad, once you've talked to some etc see if there is anything you can help out with, looking after some kids or helping out with food. Then go on your mobile for a bit, people won't think you're anti-social because you've already given a good first impression. There's probably a buffet, enjoy that, draw that out. Mingle a bit more, people will hopefully get drunker, then you can do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you ask if you can take a friend with you to keep you company?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Er, why are you going?

I remember my mom's friends 45th, there were loads of early teens (my age at the time) there cos everyone had brought their kids ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Just accept thst it won't be a fun night, and hope for ****s.

ReputationRep:
    ****s :coma:

ReputationRep:
    get drunk and make yourself look like an idiot, this always works

ReputationRep:
    Just get drunk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.