Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm sharing a house with two other girls for my second year of uni. I am moving in in August where as they are moving in in September. One of the girls is sorting out the bills but trouble is, we're not really sure of what to do! Can someone tell me what you do for gas, electric and a virgin package? Do we just have to get the names and accounts changed and organise the virgin thing? We're just a bit confused.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There is a wiki on this site with quite a bit on info http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...d_Paying_Bills

I work for a gas and electric company so any questions ask me! But the main thing you need to do is find out who currently supplies the property, take the readings from when you get the keys (not when you move in 2 months later!) and let the company know, unbelievable the amount of people that don't do this. If you don't know your supplier give me a shout and I'll help you find out.

Virgin is as simple as visiting the website and choosing what you need such as phone, internet and tv just bear in mind there will probably be a 12 month contract.

Anything else just quote me and I can find out the electric company if you pm me your details.

ReputationRep:
    Virgin site will also check if there's cable in the area already, or in the house, which can up the installation cost or time. But usually they are pretty good, and can do it in a week

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.