Turn on thread page Beta

Would you go on holiday with someone from TSR you don't know irl ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know people who are travelling sometimes meet up or even go with people from the internet but it might be a bit different on a 2 week holiday.
    I am seriously considering it cause my friends are indecisive and i don't want to lose a good deal !!!

On the other hand it could be creepy or it could all go terribly wrong with someone you don't know in a foreign country.

What say ye ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah couple of hot girls here

ReputationRep:
    Personally? No, no I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    depends how well you know these people

and how good your plans are

and how non paedofilic they actually are id say

but other then that its just same as normal holiday id say

ReputationRep:
    Its not such a great idea imho, I know someone that went with 7 of her acquaintance friends and it was terrible so total strangers has an even higher chance of being bad. Its a holiday; it shouldnt be awkward or uncomfortable or worst case scenario scary/boring/annoying lol.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldnt. It would just be weird.

ReputationRep:
    No, I would have had to have met them first.

ReputationRep:
    There's the possibility that strangers could be observing me whilst I was peacefully asleep?

Never!

ReputationRep:
    Nope :no:

ReputationRep:
    Well sort of. If I knew someone on TSR was going to the same place as me on holiday, I'd be happy to meet up, but depending on them as part of the holiday process or sharing any account details/rooms/ticket costs/etc. is just no for me.

ReputationRep:
    Er, no.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Sure, if they paid for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Sure, if they paid for it
    Haha I think most people would :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No wayy!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Well sort of. If I knew someone on TSR was going to the same place as me on holiday, I'd be happy to meet up, but depending on them as part of the holiday process or sharing any account details/rooms/ticket costs/etc. is just no for me.
    I'd agree with that ^ . Even agree to to go 'with' them, but not same room (unless its a dorm with others). It'd be weird though and i'd want the option to go our separate ways open!

ReputationRep:
    Hey looking for one hot sexy student. Come with me go holiday me you have sexy time. Good time guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd be pretty cool, and possibly quite fun. You could meet some interesting people.
    I doubt I'd actually do it though.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    I think it'd be pretty cool, and possibly quite fun. You could meet some interesting people.
    I doubt I'd actually do it though.
    My thoughts exactly. Have you seen the sites where you can offer a lift to anyone who wants it and vice versa? And couchsurfing? They seem really cool - if only i could have an opportunity to use them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.