Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you go on holiday with someone from TSR you don't know irl ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    never

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    My thoughts exactly. Have you seen the sites where you can offer a lift to anyone who wants it and vice versa? And couchsurfing? They seem really cool - if only i could have an opportunity to use them.
    I've seen these- they would be pretty cool, but I guess it depends on who you'd end up with.

I know there's this system in Germany called car-sharing or something similar, where you give lifts to random people, it's to do with cutting down on the pollution that comes from car fuel fumes. Quite a good idea really, get to know knew people and be green

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    I've seen these- they would be pretty cool, but I guess it depends on who you'd end up with.

I know there's this system in Germany called car-sharing or something similar, where you give lifts to random people, it's to do with cutting down on the pollution that comes from car fuel fumes. Quite a good idea really, get to know knew people and be green
    Probably the same one, no? If i had a car and was driving somewhere, i'd definitely put myself up there. Or pick up hitch-hikers. Some of the people i was given lifts by were amazing - it just seems that that kind of person have the best stories!

ReputationRep:
    Probably the same one, no? If i had a car and was driving somewhere, i'd definitely put myself up there. Or pick up hitch-hikers. Some of the people i was given lifts by were amazing - it just seems that that kind of person have the best stories!
    Yes, probably the same one :]

I can imagine they'd have great stories Oh how I long to travel!

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically I most definitely would (as long as they were female), but in practice my parents and friends would most probably judge me as being insane for doing so, and I'd just feel weird about the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh how I long to travel!
    I'd definitely advise taking any opportunities that come along! I once shared a dorm with a guy who had been on a nineteen year round-the-world trip to every country in the world funding it by finding work wherever he could, which included a spell finding tourists to go on a boat sailing up and down the nile - very jealous. He was like 80 too what an awesome guy.

ReputationRep:
    If I'd spoken to them before, maybe. There are a few people on here I consider friends/good aquaintances but haven't met IRL, and I'd gladly meet up and spend time somewhere with.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely advise taking any opportunities that come along! I once shared a dorm with a guy who had been on a nineteen year round-the-world trip to every country in the world funding it by finding work wherever he could, which included a spell finding tourists to go on a boat sailing up and down the nile - very jealous. He was like 80 too what an awesome guy.
    19 years, wow! I don't think I could do that, but still, must have been an amazing experience. He must have had some brilliant stories to tell

ReputationRep:
    19 years, wow! I don't think I could do that, but still, must have been an amazing experience. He must have had some brilliant stories to tell
    Well i didn't speak to him for very long - it was almost annoying the way i'd say 'i have/want to do this' and he'd come back having done it and stuff far better. Doesn't detract from my awe at what he'd done though.

I also met an old woman who had, by herself, hitchhiked her way to china, offered stays by (who later turned out to be) turkish bandits and drug smugglers along the way. She laughed at us for only going to morocco . Some people are just... other worldly.

ReputationRep:
    go with the flow.

ReputationRep:
    No thank you,

ReputationRep:
    Yes please as long as I'm not paying for it, I'd have to check the girl out first though.....

ReputationRep:
    No.

It would be pretty weird to be honest.

...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think i'd rather pay to go on holiday with the friends i've had for years..

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I knew them online well enough. *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No. I've got nothing against meeting people off the net at all, but a holiday is normally what you make it and the people you are with. If I've spent all that money on a holiday abroard I wouldnt really want to risk it on someone who may be boring / an idiot / have different interests irl to me

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm off on holiday with about 40 people I've never met in a couple of weeks (Topdeck tour) so I s'pose I would yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because if **** hits the fan with them I'm perfectly happy spending time alone and meeting other people wherever we are.

ReputationRep:
    mmm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.