ReputationRep:
    Apparantly they aren't going to accept 2 of the same game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Apparantly they aren't going to accept 2 of the same game
    Confirmed by Gamestation.

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I preordered mine with Tesco for £35, I don't need it until next Friday though so hopefully it will arrive by then! I'm worried though after how good MW was that MW2 might be a disappointment because every shooter I've played since MW has been a let down in comparison

ReputationRep:
    I haven't ordered it yet due to the being-at-uni-ness.

Needless to say though, as soon as my last few days of uni come, I'll be buying both MW2 and U2 to take home with me to play over Christmas :p:

Instead at uni, I've been playing Goldeneye with friends.

Tbh, MW2 will probably be a disappointment after 5 weeks of obsessive Goldeneye multiplayer :woo:

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances that when i walk into GS next week, that they will all be sold out?

I never pre-order my games, just too much hassle with the gay postal strikes & never being at home.

Every game i have bought so far, that they said will "sell out on minutes" usually had about 900million left on the shelf.

Might be a risk this time, but i doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone not played Braid yet? If you haven't now's (or very soon, anyway) your chance - clicky. Great game, definitely worth your time. :yep:

Also, Brutal Legend's getting some temporarily free DLC, so those of you with the game would be well advised to pick this up ASAP - clicky. It's free until 19 November. I've not got the game myself, but may just download the DLC now in case I pick it up later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    what were they doing :eek:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1081176

ReputationRep:
    hi :ninja: since i got a 2nd job ive been pretty busy lately, not much time for ps3 but its my day off today :joyman: :awesome: ive been playing the new pro evo mostly, its great much better than the last couple of years of crap, but its still missing something from the old pro evos :hmmmm: refs are fecking awful though :mad: still havent had a penalty after getting hacked down in the box like 30 times :rolleyes: i hope Komani fix this also through balls still feel weak, crappy AI and goalkeeping as usual but gameplay feels a lot more fluid than the last 2 pro evos, its just great fun to play oh and the new ML is bliss :coma: and the graphics :coma: but the animation not so much..

ReputationRep:
    Omg so many emoticons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    hi :ninja: since i got a 2nd job ive been pretty busy lately, not much time for ps3 but its my day off today :joyman: :awesome: ive been playing the new pro evo mostly, its great much better than the last couple of years of crap, but its still missing something from the old pro evos :hmmmm: refs are fecking awful though :mad: still havent had a penalty after getting hacked down in the box like 30 times :rolleyes: i hope Komani fix this also through balls still feel weak, crappy AI and goalkeeping as usual but gameplay feels a lot more fluid than the last 2 pro evos, its just great fun to play oh and the new ML is bliss :coma: and the graphics :coma: but the animation not so much..
    Did you try FIFA '10? How did you find it?

I found the ball felt too heavy in the PES demo. Didn't like it at all, hence why I converted myself to FIFA. Now I suck at FIFA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Did you try FIFA '10? How did you find it?

I found the ball felt too heavy in the PES demo. Didn't like it at all, hence why I converted myself to FIFA. Now I suck at FIFA...
    yeah i tried the demo, its really realistic but i can never seem to enjoy FIFA i guess i just prefer the arcadey style of pro :tongue: though i did love playing Be a Pro in Fifa 09, i might get it later just to play that..

the ball is heavy indeed, thats why i dont like BAL in pro but when playing in the normal view it doesnt really bother me :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Omg so many emoticons...
    sorry i just love my smilies :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Which website has the cheapest price for MW2?

ReputationRep:
    I was just playing an online game with Burnout Paradise and some london dude on there claims to "know the maker of Cod:Mw2. Why are there such ****ers online sometimes, who talk utter crap?

Was funny though :lol:

Complete douche - Massive douche infact that he only bought BP today & bought the Time Saving thing...

****ing loser mcdouche. :teeth:

4 days to go. :woo:

Ps. Pro Evo 10 is rubbish again this year. Konami need to be banned from making football games. Bunch of dinlows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    Which website has the cheapest price for MW2?
    Leaving it a bit late aren't you?

Heard Argos & Asda are quite cheap at the moment, but are sold out (apparently).

Best bet is to get it on release day from a shop. Especially with all these postal strike things going on. You won't get it for yonks..

Asda is said to be doing it cheap for 24 hours after release. Will beat getting douche'd by the postal strikes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Leaving it a bit late aren't you?

Heard Argos & Asda are quite cheap at the moment, but are sold out (apparently).

Best bet is to get it on release day from a shop. Especially with all these postal strike things going on. You won't get it for yonks..

Asda is said to be doing it cheap for 24 hours after release. Will beat getting douche'd by the postal strikes.
    I just received this email from play.com, it's probably not the best price (is that £43ish?) but it's guaranteed release day delivery.

http://links.newsletters.play.com/se...EzS0&mt=1&rt=0

EDIT: Actually, having just read the small print, with the postal strikes you may not receiv it on release day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    I just received this email from play.com, it's probably not the best price (is that £43ish?) but it's guaranteed release day delivery.

http://links.newsletters.play.com/se...EzS0&mt=1&rt=0

EDIT: Actually, having just read the small print, with the postal strikes you may not receiv it on release day.

That's why they say it's free delivery. Then you can't complain about it not arriving on time, thus kinda covering themselves due to the strike.

I never trust those sites. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8345423.stm

Might be time to pre-order it then.

Most will get it on time, unless they live on the moon...

ReputationRep:
    Play.com already dispatched my copy... hopefully will get it before the weekend... I have Marvel Alliance 2, Ratchet and Clank and Modern warfare 2 (hopefully) for my weekend

Btw Marvel and Ratchet are both excellent games, worth a rent at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8345423.stm

Might be time to pre-order it then.

Most will get it on time, unless they live on the moon...
    :woo: You beat me to it! I wonder if Coolshop actually did despatch my copy yesterday, or just completed packing it, etc...

If so, I might have the game tomorrow! :yes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.