Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    No, you can pre-order up until the 8th and still get it on release day

A couple of my American friends managed to get a hold of it yesterday...doesn't matter tho cos they'll still suck online! :p:

Btw I hate you for having reading week in week 7 rather than week 6 (like me!!) Grrrrrr

lol you've picked the full format rather than the quick one, the only difference is that with the one you've picked it is secure so no-one is supposed to be able to get the data back off the hard drive....I doubt you had any highly sensitive data on there did you?
    Lol yeah I know, rocks doesn't it?! UCL ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Lol yeah I know, rocks doesn't it?! UCL ftw.
    Honestly I'd like to stay at home and play on Mw2 all week...but obviously Uni is more important!

Tho I can see how the 4 weeks we get off for Christmas will be used!!!

I've only got 2 exams in January! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Nah - don't have the time! Will move onto FIFA now I think. I suck at it so much.

Thanks! Very good ending! :yep:

Well done! :top2:
    But crushing is such fun! You have to do it! (when you have the time)

If you ever want a game or 2 on Fifa and im online send me a message. I suck at it, so you will most likely beat me. :yes:

I wonder if there will be an Uncharted 3.?! Does have potential & would work.

Omg Parcel Force are holding my copy of MW2 till Tuesday....I could have had it yesterday -_-
    Damn, that sucks! I bet the workers are thrashing a few games out on it while you sit and wait for it! :p: Cheeky sods.

I think i'm going to go for the Burnout Paradise platinum next. I love this game & even after 3 months of not playing it, it feels just as great as the first play!

Or might attempt the COD:MW2 platinum, even though i suck ass online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    There aren't any online trophies, AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    There aren't any online trophies, AFAIK.
    Thank god for that!

I usually get too bored to get the online trophies with shooters - ala Killzone 2.

Just seen the trophy list and most of them look easy enough, well up until "The Price of War
    Complete the single player campaign on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty. & Downed but Not Out
    Kill 4 enemies in a row while downed in Special Ops."

:shock:

ReputationRep:
    Thank god for that!

I usually get too bored to get the online trophies with shooters - ala Killzone 2.

Just seen the trophy list and most of them look easy enough, well up until "The Price of War
    Complete the single player campaign on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty. & Downed but Not Out
    Kill 4 enemies in a row while downed in Special Ops."

:shock:
    Someone always comes up with a "trick" way of doing that sort of thing, though! :yes:

And Hardened isn't usually that bad (based on previous CoDs) - if Veteran isn't a requirement for the platinum it should be reasonably achievable!

ReputationRep:
    Someone always comes up with a "trick" way of doing that sort of thing, though! :yes:

And Hardened isn't usually that bad (based on previous CoDs) - if Veteran isn't a requirement for the platinum it should be reasonably achievable!
    True & a very good point!

I can't recall in COD4 - Could you play on Hardened from the beginning or did you have to complete it on normal & hard first? Been so long!

If not, then i might give hardened a go first time round. Good challenge

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I'd like to stay at home and play on Mw2 all week...but obviously Uni is more important!

Tho I can see how the 4 weeks we get off for Christmas will be used!!!

I've only got 2 exams in January! :woo:
    Hmm...yes...obviously uni is more important...!

I'll have to try and get as far as I can over the next week then! Been on for about 6 hours now! Double XP rules.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, that sucks! I bet the workers are thrashing a few games out on it while you sit and wait for it! :p: Cheeky sods.

I think i'm going to go for the Burnout Paradise platinum next. I love this game & even after 3 months of not playing it, it feels just as great as the first play!

lol I bet they're playing it now!

I've got the Burnout platinum....it was actually quite easy!! I'm glad it's not like other games where you have to collect like every single treasure or whatever, my patience doesn't extend that far!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...yes...obviously uni is more important...!

I'll have to try and get as far as I can over the next week then! Been on for about 6 hours now! Double XP rules.
    Yeah I didn't realise it was double XP till I killed someone in S&D and I was like 100pts?! Woo! But yeah a bit pointless considering I'll probably never go on it if MW2 delivers!

ReputationRep:

*raises eyebrow*

Hardened isn't that bad? Maybe I just suck but I actually got stuck playing it at the bog because the game would load and I would die instantly even before I had a chance to touch the controls and I couldn't go any further :rofl:

And it took me hours to progress like 2 checkpoints :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My brother took almost 2 hours to finish a mission on veteran in CoD:WaW. He has the patience for these kinds of things.

when you look at the youtube vids they seem to know what they are doing all the time... very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't realise it was double XP till I killed someone in S&D and I was like 100pts?! Woo! But yeah a bit pointless considering I'll probably never go on it if MW2 delivers!
    Lol yeah I know, but unfortunately unlike you, I haven't reached Level 55 on 10th Prestige! I'm on 34 I think (was 16 yesterday, so played quite a lot!) and I wanna get to 55 before I play MW2 so I can say I've officially conquered COD4!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    My brother took almost 2 hours to finish a mission on veteran in CoD:WaW. He has the patience for these kinds of things.

when you look at the youtube vids they seem to know what they are doing all the time... very annoying.
    That's why they're on Youtube! They've optimised their strategy and are putting it out there for everyone to see. It'd be a pointless if there was a walkthrough video where the guy died 17 times before finishing!

I have to confess to having the patience for that as well, I spent about 2 hours trying to get the Black Cats trophy on CoD: WaW but that was mainly because of the huge part at the beginning that you can't skip and takes 5 minutes just to get to the meat of the level.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I know, but unfortunately unlike you, I haven't reached Level 55 on 10th Prestige! I'm on 34 I think (was 16 yesterday, so played quite a lot!) and I wanna get to 55 before I play MW2 so I can say I've officially conquered COD4!
    Yeah fair enough...but you'll never fully conquer it until you've done all the challenges are well! :mmm:

It should be fairly easy to get to lvl 55 with double XP!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fair enough...but you'll never fully conquer it until you've done all the challenges are well! :mmm:

It should be fairly easy to get to lvl 55 with double XP!
    Damn you!

I got all the challenges the first time I got to Level 55, till I realised there was a Prestige Mode!

ReputationRep:
    Damn you!

I got all the challenges the first time I got to Level 55, till I realised there was a Prestige Mode!

I started the game late so I could already see people on the other Prestiges...

I'm going into town to find myself a copy of MW2...independent retailers sometimes sell it before general release :p:

ReputationRep:

I started the game late so I could already see people on the other Prestiges...

I'm going into town to find myself a copy of MW2...independent retailers sometimes sell it before general release :p:
    I hope that you have some success - Coolshop came through for me this morning!

Some guy played dirty on NFS shift =.=

Dirty ******* hit my left back wing and spun me out cos he couldn't take it when he was losing....Player haters =.=

ReputationRep:
    Nowt wrong with that! Kinda like a tactic in Fifa! ****s always do it.

Some people really hate losing don't they. :lol:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.