Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I hope that you have some success - Coolshop came through for me this morning!
    Lucky *******! Parcel Force is apparently keeping all pre-orders till the 10th so either I get it today or midnight release...so pointless to preorder it! -_-

ReputationRep:
    I might get my copy before some people then. :p:

And they called my crazy for not pre-ordering & just getting it off the shelf.

Simple things are usually the best! None of that online mumbo-jumbo.

ReputationRep:
    Got Brutal Legend :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a boob, I had a MAG code all this time!?!?

... and its expired now

(Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)

... and its expired now
    :eek:

A friend of mine that had it said he didn't really enjoy it if that's of any condolense :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    :eek:

A friend of mine that had it said he didn't really enjoy it if that's of any condolense :o:
    Meh, it said it ended on the 9th Oct... I wouldn't have had any time to play it anyway.

To all: I got a GOW3 demo code... Anyone wanna offer me anything for it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)

... and its expired now
    It sucks, the whole game was just boring tbh....I got the beta code, played the game once and I've not been back to it....

(Original post by .Andrew.)
    I might get my copy before some people then. :p:

And they called my crazy for not pre-ordering & just getting it off the shelf.

Simple things are usually the best! None of that online mumbo-jumbo.
    Well I've got no choice but to go down to the midnight release with my games and pick it up for a fiver!
    Tho I'm not looking forward to waiting in line for 2 hours :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I preordered MW2 from Amazon, but now really worried if I'm going to receive it on Tuesday, I was hoping for a Monday delivery as I have a day off college

Hoping for the best as I can't wait to do some killing online ^^

(Original post by parasitic)
    I preordered MW2 from Amazon, but now really worried if I'm going to receive it on Tuesday, I was hoping for a Monday delivery as I have a day off college

Hoping for the best as I can't wait to do some killing online ^^
    We'll all pray for your Monday delivery :top:

Have fun killing everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    We'll all pray for your Monday delivery :top:

Have fun killing everyone
    Hehe, thanks. : )
    I hope it won't be too hard getting jused to the new weapons and perks but I'm sure I will be as good as ever ;D

People cheat on Tekken 6 online....Therefore I had to resort to spamming too

ReputationRep:
    There's already a patch required for MW2!? :eek:

Oh, and it appears that you can fully skip the controversial first mission (edit: it's not the first mission):
    Disturbing content notice
    Some players may find one of the missions disturbing or offensive. Would you like to have the option to skip this mission?

(You will not be penalised in terms of Trophies or game completion)

• Yes, ask me later
    • No, I will not be offended
    Hmmm - maybe this was reason for the patch...?

ReputationRep:
    True & a very good point!

I can't recall in COD4 - Could you play on Hardened from the beginning or did you have to complete it on normal & hard first? Been so long!

If not, then i might give hardened a go first time round. Good challenge
    All difficulties, including Veteran, are open from the start in MW2 (I think that it was the same in CoD4 and WaW, but could be wrong).

ReputationRep:
    There's no way i'm skipping the 1st mission, no matter how "offensive" it is.. Would have to be pretty extreme for me to skip it. Maybe dropping a bomb onto Fratton Park, but i would still do that! :lol:

All difficulties, including Veteran, are open from the start in MW2 (I think that it was the same in CoD4 and WaW, but could be wrong).
    That's good! Will have to give hardened a go from the start! 2 Trophies in one at the end, i hope. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There's no way i'm skipping the 1st mission, no matter how "offensive" it is.. Would have to be pretty extreme for me to skip it. Maybe dropping a bomb onto Fratton Park, but i would still do that! :lol:
    I really don't think it's that bad, now that I've played it (as above, it's a few missions in, not the very start - you'll definitely recognise the first proper mission after training). Minor spoiler ahead (nothing you won't already know, but I'll tag it just in case):
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's no need at all to shoot any civilians - the only part where you need to actually take part is when you're attacked by soldiers called in against you. The context of the mission does make sense - it's not just 'mindless' violence, but sets the scene for why your future mission objectives are set as they are.

Essentially, all of the potential justification that's been given would seem to reflect what's actually in the game. :yes:

That's good! Will have to give hardened a go from the start! 2 Trophies in one at the end, i hope. :yep:
    That's my plan as well. Maybe I'm just out of practice, but I'm finding it quite tough going so far, though! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I like what I'm seeing nowadays; people embracing the trophy system instead of claiming it's a useless gimmick that takes away from the game. Andrew, at the rate you're collecting platinum's you'll be giving Humz a run for his money!

ReputationRep:
    There's already a patch required for MW2!? :eek:

Oh, and it appears that you can fully skip the controversial first mission (edit: it's not the first mission):

Hmmm - maybe this was reason for the patch...?
    Nah they stated that you could skip the first mission before the patch was announced. Maybe something to do with online capabilities. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Nah they stated that you could skip the first mission before the patch was announced. Maybe something to do with online capabilities. :dontknow:
    Fair enough - I hadn't actually seen any announcement of the patch until putting the disc in!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough - I hadn't actually seen any announcement of the patch until putting the disc in!
    What's the game been like so far then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    What's the game been like so far then?
    I've only been playing the Campaign up til now, but so far it seem great. Granted, much of it's more of the same from CoD4, but the story seems pretty good (the 'controversial' mission serves to introduce the direction of the plot) and the action's certainly pretty frantic at times. Hardened is proving to be quite a challenge so far! I'm having trouble picking my favourite weapon so far between the infra-red sniper rifle and briefcase-controlled air-to-ground missiles...

I'm not really sure if I should be considering trying the online until the game's official release, just in case I upset someone from Activision/Sony. :ninja:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.