Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I've only been playing the Campaign up til now, but so far it seem great. Granted, much of it's more of the same from CoD4, but the story seems pretty good (the 'controversial' mission serves to introduce the direction of the plot) and the action's certainly pretty frantic at times. Hardened is proving to be quite a challenge so far! I'm having trouble picking my favourite weapon so far between the infra-red sniper rifle and briefcase-controlled air-to-ground missiles...

I'm not really sure if I should be considering trying the online until the game's official release, just in case I upset someone from Activision/Sony. :ninja:
    Sounds great! I'm sure you can go online without any problem, plenty of people have it early surely.

ReputationRep:
    Activision said they are resetting all leaderboards and player rankings on the 10th of November. I'm going to play the online a lot anyway, so I'm just going to concentrate on the campaign/trophies if I get it on Monday...

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo! Got my first (and probably last) platinum for Uncharted 2. :woo:

It took me all of yesterday afternoon to get the final 20 treasures which was a PITA, other than that, only the Steel Fist Expert trophy was much hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Wooooo! Got my first (and probably last) platinum for Uncharted 2. :woo:

It took me all of yesterday afternoon to get the final 20 treasures which was a PITA, other than that, only the Steel Fist Expert trophy was much hassle.
    Nice one

Good feeling isn't it?

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Nice one

Good feeling isn't it?

:borat:
    I was a bit disappointed to only hear the normal "brrrinngggg" you get for acquiring a trophy, I was expecting to hear a fanfare or something .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    I was a bit disappointed to only hear the normal "brrrinngggg" you get for acquiring a trophy, I was expecting to hear a fanfare or something .
    haha imagine that , and some fireworks go off to

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, the one disadvantage of having MW2 early is having to resist sharing any story spoilers. Suffice to say, it's superb so far - and has just had a rather unexpected development! If anyone does want any advance info on any aspect the game, feel free to ask - and I hope you all get your copies nice and soon! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, the one disadvantage of having MW2 early is having to resist sharing any story spoilers. Suffice to say, it's superb so far - and has just had a rather unexpected development! If anyone does want any advance info on any aspect the game, feel free to ask - and I hope you all get your copies nice and soon! :yes:
    I've finished the campaign too :yes: I thought the levels in the final act were brilliant. I literally gasped at the tv as the events unfolded one after the other :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How much did you pay for your copy?

I'm hunting for a good deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I've finished the campaign too :yes: I thought the levels in the final act were brilliant. I literally gasped at the tv as the events unfolded one after the other :yep:
    Hah - I'm not that far yet! Just finished mission 5 of Act 2 (potential spoiler, though I've kept it mild)...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...and discovered who "prisoner 627" is.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes from here! How many missions are there in total?

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    How much did you pay for your copy?

I'm hunting for a good deal.
    £37.98 from Coolshop - it was the best of the recent pre-order prices. It's the kind of price that Uncharted 2 is going for at the moment, so it doesn't seem too bad to me (even if Sainsbury's seem likely to be rather better). :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Can't quote you Illusionary because I would then see what's in the spoiler!

I was hoping more on the lines of £30?! :p:

Any chance the supermarkets will drop the price way down when the game gets released as they undercut each other?

ReputationRep:
    Haha - I'm not that far yet. Just finished mission 5 of Act 2 (potential spoiler, though I've kept it mild)...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...and discovered who "prisoner 627" is.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes from here! How many missions are there in total?
    Yeah :eek: I shant spoil it for you then, but it is seriously epic.

It's about the same length as CoD4 was, so about 6-8 levels or so in the final act.

I've been testing the splitscreen multiplayer too. Yes there is a 3rd person mode and it's lulzy, and the ranks go up to 70 now, not 55 :eek3:

ReputationRep:

I've been testing the splitscreen multiplayer too. Yes there is a 3rd person mode and it's lulzy, and the ranks go up to 70 now, not 55 :eek3:
    :gasp:

Prestige mode would be a right pain then! I think I'll be using my usual reach-the-highest-level-and-stay-there approach when I play online.

ReputationRep:

It's about the same length as CoD4 was, so about 6-8 levels or so in the final act.

:eek: I only got up to level 17 in CoD 4! I'd expect to be playing MW2 somewhat more though...

ReputationRep:

How do you know they go up to 70? Has someone got there already?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    No I just found this http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/?n=45 :p:

ReputationRep:
    No I just found this http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/?n=45 :p:
    :yikes:

Imagine having to level up 700 times to reach the highest possible rank (level 70, rank 10 prestige)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    I was about to try to find an internet source, but the answer, worryingly, is yes! :eek:

Level: 70
    Player: Q80-C-RONALDO
    Score: 594760
    Time Played: 1d 17h 03m

ReputationRep:
    I was about to try to find an internet source, but the answer, worryingly, is yes! :eek:

Level: 70
    Player: Q80-C-RONALDO
    Score: 594760
    Time Played: 1d 17h 03m
    OMFG.

ReputationRep:
    So that's what Cristiano Ronaldo has been doing while he's out injured :hmmm:

Contract Clause - Cristiano will not turn up for a game if he is playing Death Match on MW2.

£80m well spent.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.