Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Who's queuing for midnight release? :ninja:
    I'm queuing for an early morning release at Sainsbury's! £26?! I feel like a knob paying £60 for the Hardened Edition but I think once I get it I'll feel better

(I'm buying the £26 one for my bro)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a Makro card?

Yes £20 inc VAT. oh my days.

ReputationRep:
    £26?! That's insane! I'll definitely make my way down there tomorrow, hopefully they won't be sold out by the time I get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    Anyone got a Makro card?

Yes £20 inc VAT. oh my days.
    OMFG, again.

ReputationRep:
    Guardian price round-up confirming Sainsbury's for £26

Makro is still the place to go at £20 (inc. VAT) but obviously we're not all members of Makro.

I've pre-ordered at GAME anyway lol had to make some use of the £60 on my card

ReputationRep:
    In other news:

ReputationRep:
    Guardian price round-up confirming Sainsbury's for £26

Makro is still the place to go at £20 (inc. VAT) but obviously we're not all members of Makro.

I've pre-ordered at GAME anyway lol had to make some use of the £60 on my card
    I've never heard of Makro until today.. :lol:

I think my mum's workplace is a member, so might try to get it for that price!

Have to laugh at the Tesco deal! Proper ****. Why would anyone want another game in the top 20 when CODMW2 is the only game they will play for the next 900 years. Paha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I've never heard of Makro until today.. :lol:

I think my mum's workplace is a member, so might try to get it for that price!

Have to laugh at the Tesco deal! Proper ****. Why would anyone want another game in the top 20 when CODMW2 is the only game they will play for the next 900 years. Paha.
    There is a huge Makro not too far from Fratton Park i think.
    It's the best shop in the world seriously. 2 litre tins of beans and all sorts.
    It's mostly for businesses obviously. Why they are selling Modern Warfare 2 cheap i don't know.

Pro Evo is probably the best chance tesco have of salvaging something.

ReputationRep:
    There is a huge Makro not too far from Fratton Park i think.
    It's the best shop in the world seriously. 2 litre tins of beans and all sorts.
    It's mostly for businesses obviously. Why they are selling Modern Warfare 2 cheap i don't know.

Pro Evo is probably the best chance tesco have of salvaging something.
    The one in fratton is gone, i think. Been replaced by a big ass B&Q, KFC, McD's etc... Seriously need some of that Probably don't pay VAT or something? Thus making it cheaper.. No idea, wholesalers are a weird bunch.

Tesco did good with Fifa 10 & PES10, but the deal they have for MW2 is possibly the crappest one i have seen so far. £39.99 for a top 20 game + £25 for MW2.. Jeez. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    The one in fratton is gone, i think. Been replaced by a big ass B&Q, KFC, McD's etc... Seriously need some of that Probably don't pay VAT or something? Thus making it cheaper.. No idea, wholesalers are a weird bunch.

Tesco did good with Fifa 10 & PES10, but the deal they have for MW2 is possibly the crappest one i have seen so far. £39.99 for a top 20 game + £25 for MW2.. Jeez. :lol:
    Ah yeah, I remember. That new business estate. It has a kids indoor playcentre aswell. I went to the kfc just minutes after Robert Green saved a 90th min penalty from Benjani

The weird thing about Makro is everything is priced without VAT and then they add it at the counter.
    So MW2 is actually priced at £17.39 just it'll cost you £20

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, I remember. That new business estate. It has a kids indoor playcentre aswell. I went to the kfc just minutes after Robert Green saved a 90th min penalty from Benjani

The weird thing about Makro is everything is priced without VAT and then they add it at the counter.
    So MW2 is actually priced at £17.39 just it'll cost you £20
    Benjani :love:

Cheap as chips! Ridiculous. :eek:

Maybe business' pay a members fee or somethign a year.. I don't know how they do stuff like games so cheap. How many business' actually need MW2?

Sucks fake, the nearest Makro store to me is in Southampton! No way im going there.. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Play.com still packing MW2 - this is ridiculous, I swear you usually get stuff on the DAY IT COMES OUT or before when you order with them.

ReputationRep:
    I got it this morning
    Absolutely amazing!!!!

But payed £39.99 for it.

:ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    PSN is down.

Modern Warfare 2 hasn't come.

I am not a happy kitten.

ReputationRep:
    My dad has a Makro card Says he'll go and get it after dorpping my mam off for work in the morning. The fact i'm getting it for £20 will make up for the lack of playing for a week or two though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone getting MDW2 tomrow, add me !!!!!! my psn is : djihamz77

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yunghamz)
    Anyone getting MDW2 tomrow, add me !!!!!! my psn is : djihamz77
    Updated. :yy:

Welcome to the thread! I'll be getting MW2 tomorrow too, as long as Sainsbury's aren't out of stock! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Some idiot told me on the phone that there were no copies of MW2 left at Sainsbury's... phone back just before 9... there are copies left wtf.

Some people cancel their pre-orders or something?! Or just a **** up? Going to Sain's tomorrow morning.
    I really hope they won't be sold out. They must know that they are offering the cheapest price by quite some margin, and so would have ordered LOADS of copies as they know a lot of people will be buying it from them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I really hope they won't be sold out. They must know that they are offering the cheapest price by quite some margin, and so would have ordered LOADS of copies as they know a lot of people will be buying it from them.
    I see Illusionary is already playing it on the PS3. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I see Illusionary is already playing it on the PS3. :ninja:
    Yeah he received his copy ages ago!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.