Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    Good to see everyone getting their copies of MW2! :party:

While the multiplayer is undoubtedly very tempting, I strongly urge you all to play through the Campaign as well - "epic" is definitely the word to describe it (and I've not finished it yet, either, so there may be better to come!)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Epic show. C'est tres amusant. How hot is Penny by the way?!

EDIT: It'll be cool when they play MW2, but as we all know, it'll be on the 360!
    Not watched TBBT yet, but i'd imagine Penny is as hot as ever :eek2:

Should do an episode where their 360 gets the RROD. Imagine Sheldon talking to Microsoft on the phone! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The trophies on MW2 are quite easy to get... :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Not watched TBBT yet, but i'd imagine Penny is as hot as ever :eek2:

Should do an episode where their 360 gets the RROD. Imagine Sheldon talking to Microsoft on the phone! :lol:
    That would be ******* hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    modern warfare 2 need sum friends to play online with add top_gear0 thats number 0 not letter.

ReputationRep:
    OH FFS!!! I went to FOUR sainsburys and THREE Morrisons today.... and they had ZERO in stock :mad:

Some git took TWENTY COPIES... YES TWENTY!!! from a Morri.... :mad2:.... 5 yes, 10 at a push BUT NOT TWENTY!!!!

How depressing... I have, to play, Quantom of Solace and Batman while the rest of the world and their dog had MW2 :cry:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Its gets worse... I just saw LOVEFILM are giving me Resistance 2 :cry:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    OH FFS!!! I went to FOUR sainsburys and THREE Morrisons today.... and they had ZERO in stock :mad:

Some git took TWENTY COPIES... YES TWENTY!!! from a Morri.... :mad2:.... 5 yes, 10 at a push BUT NOT TWENTY!!!!

How depressing... I have, to play, Quantom of Solace and Batman while the rest of the world and their dog had MW2 :cry:
    What happened to the 1 copy per customer rule?

ReputationRep:
    I've just started playing MGS4 and I'm not enjoying it at all. It's not even that the cutscenes are the problem, it's that the gameplay itself is ****. It's far easier and quicker to just shoot everyone then run to the next cutscene than it is to use stealth. It's like I'm playing a really, really bad third person shooter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    I've just started playing MGS4 and I'm not enjoying it at all. It's not even that the cutscenes are the problem, it's that the gameplay itself is ****. It's far easier and quicker to just shoot everyone then run to the next cutscene than it is to use stealth. It's like I'm playing a really, really bad third person shooter.
    Play it properly :woo: The gameplay is sooo varied and deep that you can play how you want.

Seriously, I adore this game. You've got to be vigilant with yourself and try and be as stealthy as possible. What difficulty are you playing on? Where abouts in the game are you? You an MGS vet or new to the series?

You can run through Act 1 and Act 2 no problem. It gets a little tougher at the beginning of Act 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    What happened to the 1 copy per customer rule?
    Non-existent in Morrisons apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Makarov is one crazy b!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yunghamz)
    The first sainsbury's i went to had no ps3 stock at all just xbox waste of 30 mins in the que :mad: the second sainsbury's had enough stock and hardly anyone was there :woo: BTW its Djihamz77 two 7's at the end.
    Updated. :yy:

(Original post by Ouch_my_head)
    modern warfare 2 need sum friends to play online with add top_gear0 thats number 0 not letter.

In other news...

6 hours solid of playing MW2 and I've completed the campaign! :jive:

I was so glad they sorted out the stupid grenade-lands-at-your-feet-no-matter-where-you-take-cover problem from WaW.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

In other news...

6 hours solid of playing MW2 and I've completed the campaign! :jive:

I was so glad they sorted out the stupid grenade-lands-at-your-feet-no-matter-where-you-take-cover problem from WaW.
    In just 6 hours?! Did you watch the cut scenes? What level did you do it on?! :lolwut: I've been watching the cut scenes, on normal difficulty, ~2.5hrs played and I'm just at the end of catching that guy in Brazil, the bit when you had to go solo for a bit. :p:

ReputationRep:
    In just 6 hours?! Did you watch the cut scenes? What level did you do it on?! :lolwut: I've been watching the cut scenes, on normal difficulty, ~2.5hrs played and I'm just at the end of catching that guy in Brazil, the bit when you had to go solo for a bit. :p:
    Course I watched the cut scenes! Played it on the standard normal difficulty level I do with all games. Easy is too easy, and hard is too hard the first time!

Great ending though! :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well I won't be completing it that quickly....

ReputationRep:
    Well I won't be completing it that quickly....
    It's pretty much the same length as CoD 4 iirc. It's not like I was rushing, and I died plenty of times!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    It's pretty much the same length as CoD 4 iirc. It's not like I was rushing, and I died plenty of times!
    I've not completed MW campaign... got carried away with the online play. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)

****ing hell 20 copies for one person is very very sad :yep:

Ok the douche will make a profit most likely, but still, it's ****ing sad.

I am loving the Campaign so far, excellent stuff. Do seem to get shot dead by enemies that i don't have a clue where they are hiding.

That Brazil one where you are chasing that guy is epic! :lol: Getting annilated left right and centre!

Not going to play online until i have completed the SP campaign. I still press the wrong button & blow myself up with a grenade.. :teeth:

Finished already Geoff? Nice one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    ****ing hell 20 copies for one person is very very sad :yep:

Ok the douche will make a profit most likely, but still, it's ****ing sad.

I am loving the Campaign so far, excellent stuff. Do seem to get shot dead by enemies that i don't have a clue where they are hiding.

That Brazil one where you are chasing that guy is epic! :lol: Getting annilated left right and centre!

Not going to play online until i have completed the SP campaign. I still press the wrong button & blow myself up with a grenade.. :teeth:

Finished already Geoff? Nice one
    Of course! :awesome:

Let a couple of my housemates try out spec ops whilst I watched - it's soooo good!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.