Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)
    Is psn down? i cant get on it..
    yeah no one is able to get online i think its the update i had to put on today, if you had the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)
    Is psn down? i cant get on it..
    No, just MW2 online play, Demonware are working to add new servers due to the 'overwhelming' number of people trying to play online...but the PSN is fine...

(Original post by Ouch_my_head)
    yeah no one is able to get online i think its the update i had to put on today, if you had the same?
    There hasn't been a firmware update recently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    No, just MW2 online play, Demonware are working to add new servers due to the 'overwhelming' number of people trying to play online...but the PSN is fine...

There hasn't been a firmware update recently...
    Any timeline for the server addition? I really wanna play tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Any timeline for the server addition? I really wanna play tonight!
    They said ASAP so I guess that means as soon as but who knows? People are saying Friday but fourzerotwo is saying it would probably be before that

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try to distract you all from MW2 for just a minute, as FF XIII seems to be taking a leaf out of Kojima's book - they're announcing an announcement...! :p:

FINAL FANTASY XIII – A Special Announcement

Hi everyone! I’m Antonio “Papero” Marfuggi from SQUARE ENIX’s Brand Team.

Just dropping you a couple of lines to let you know something big (and with “big” I mean “BIG”!) is coming up about FINAL FANTASY XIII.

In just a few days, on Friday 13th November (we choose our numbers carefully!), you’ll see a very special announcement from the game’s development team, introduced to you on this very blog by the words of Yoshinori Kitase – FINAL FANTASY XIII’s Producer.

So join the countdown on the game’s official site and of course keep following the PlayStation blog for more news.

See you in a couple of days!
    Could be interesting... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I'm going to try to distract you all from MW2 for just a minute, as FF XIII seems to be taking a leaf out of Kojima's book - they're announcing an announcement...! :p:

Could be interesting... :holmes:
    release dates methinks.

ReputationRep:
    PS3 Update: MP Servers gradually coming back online. Some users may still experience issues. Also, EU Players get Trophy patch tonight.
    Thank god! I was having withdrawal symptoms....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaziek)
    release dates methinks.
    Perhaps, but that seems somehow too 'straightforward' to me... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that antagonists in video games seem to be Eastern European nowadays?!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh.. no online for me on mw2 today ;/ can't believe it.. they knew the game will be so big, it's no excuse really..
    I guess campaign will have to do until they fix this issue :|

On the side note, I'm looking foward to the FF XIII announcement ;o it better be a good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasitic)
    Ugh.. no online for me on mw2 today ;/ can't believe it.. they knew the game will be so big, it's no excuse really..
    I guess campaign will have to do until they fix this issue :|
    I was finally going to get onto online, as I've just finished the Campaign (hardened , but only 3 of the 45 pieces of intel :o:)!
    Oh well, Spec Ops and/or Veteran next then...

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone is talking about MW2 here, but I figured this would be the best place to post this.

It seems the PS3 will be getting the following fairly soon:

+ Facebook integration
    + Different photo layout
    + Ability to change colour/style of profiles

Pictures have been leaked from the official PlayStation website so you can be fairly sure they're real. It would also explain what those grey/white boxes on the friends list are for - I'm guessing they'll become the same colour as the person's profile colour.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/11/ru...ebook-integra/

ReputationRep:
    haha... facebook integrity???? bu bu bu xbox has it already!

ReputationRep:
    Excellent stuff, now i can chat to my mates while playing a game, as opposed to actually talking to them in game.. :teeth: x 10000.

MW2 servers are down! Sucks fake!

Some of those Spec Op levels are getting right on my nerves. One of them in the third unlockable one is bloody impossible! The soldier won't die!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Excellent stuff, now i can chat to my mates while playing a game, as opposed to actually talking to them in game.. :teeth: x 10000.

MW2 servers are down! Sucks fake!

Some of those Spec Op levels are getting right on my nerves. One of them in the third unlockable one is bloody impossible! The soldier won't die!!
    Is that the one with juggernauts? They were so annoying, when I got near the end of the level, there was still one alive, so I just legged it to the finish line and it worked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Is that the one with juggernauts? They were so annoying, when I got near the end of the level, there was still one alive, so I just legged it to the finish line and it worked!
    I think so. The one at the "plane graveyard". Bloody stupidly hard! The simple soldiers are easy, but those others are bloody stupid! Even the grenades won't down him!

I asked this in the MW2 thread but i'll ask her too:

Did anyone find the blow up doll in that russian dudes safehouse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I think so. The one at the "plane graveyard". Bloody stupidly hard! The simple soldiers are easy, but those others are bloody stupid! Even the grenades won't down him!

I asked this in the MW2 thread but i'll ask her too:

Did anyone find the blow up doll in that russian dudes safehouse?
    No I didn't find it.

And yes that's the level I'm talking about. One of them is hard enough already, even with a grenade launcher on your gun. But two of them... :yikes:

My tactic was - flashbang, frag grenade, grenade launcher, and repeat until they die. Plan B - run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    No I didn't find it.

And yes that's the level I'm talking about. One of them is hard enough already, even with a grenade launcher on your gun. But two of them... :yikes:

My tactic was - flashbang, frag grenade, grenade launcher, and repeat until they die. Plan B - run.
    Next time you are on that level go to one of the bathrooms (i think upstairs) & there it is, lying in the bath, naked :lol: Was quite random.

I think i'll try plan b again! Tryed running early on, but got mullered by some other dudes hiding in the planes. There is no way im going to complete Spec Ops, unless it's online 2 player! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Going completely away from MW2 for a minute (again - sorry! :o:) - I've just been taking a look around the TSR Wiki and realised how shockingly out-of-date the PS3 entry was. I've updated it a little, but if anyone would care to lend a hand, here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Gaming#PS3

Edit: the servers are back up! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Going completely away from MW2 for a minute (again - sorry! :o:) - I've just been taking a look around the TSR Wiki and realised how shockingly out-of-date the PS3 entry was. I've updated it a little, but if anyone would care to lend a hand, here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Gaming#PS3

Edit: the servers are back up! :yes:
    well I've finished the campaign...I dunno why but I felt a wee bit emotional...now you guys are gonna be like 'You big puff' aren't ya! Well I loved that story mode!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.