Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    well I've finished the campaign...I dunno why but I felt a wee bit emotional...now you guys are gonna be like 'You big puff' aren't ya! Well I loved that story mode!
    Spoiler:
    Show

i was literally ****'ing myself when roach got stabbed and burnt. i was like wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Going completely away from MW2 for a minute (again - sorry! :o:) - I've just been taking a look around the TSR Wiki and realised how shockingly out-of-date the PS3 entry was. I've updated it a little, but if anyone would care to lend a hand, here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Gaming#PS3

Edit: the servers are back up! :yes:
    Added the 250GB version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Added the 250GB version.
    :facepalm: How could I forget that...!?

ReputationRep:
    Obtained 30 out of 45 intels! Just the ones from the last act to go now. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Obtained 30 out of 45 intels! Just the ones from the last act to go now. :borat:
    Independently, or with a guide? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Independently, or with a guide? :ninja:
    With a guide of course! :shh:

The only one I managed to find independently on my first play-through was one that was located in the snow mobile chase! (Which apparently is the hardest one to find, but I just stumbled across it because I crashed!) :p:

I got MW2 yesterday but I really couldn't be bothered to play it

Gnna go play it now

ReputationRep:
    Modern warfare 2 probably deserves the scores it's getting now, only because of the online and spec ops. I didn't like the campaign at all. However I have to say that

Spoiler:
    Show
    getting burnt alive was awesome, even if the character didn't scream at all

Also, if I understand the plot well

Spoiler:
    Show
    1st mission in afghanistan you're just killing some dude. then shepherd tells you to infiltrate the russians, which you do. You go to an airport and kill some dudes and then get shot by Makarov. The russians are pissed. Meanwhile the ACS (don't even know how the russians got it) is in some russian base, so soap and roach go and fetch it. For something which is apparently very important, it's lying on the table in some hangar. Then everything blows to s*** and you take a snow mobile and jump a ravine. Meanwhile the russians decide that because some dudes got killed in an airport they have to launch a massive counter attack on the whole of the USA. So they attack washington and other places, and you're controlling ramirez to defend the USA. Also, soap and roach find that there's someone who pisses Makarov even more than himself, and his name is Price so they have to fetch him.

In the meantime, an EMP has gone off over Washington, launched by the russians?? which is stupid because they wouldn't bomb their own troops. launched by price?? which is stupid because he is not jack bauer. Launched by Makarov?? the guy is not even there for the rest of the game.

Anywho, Shepherd get a BLANK check and then decides to hunt down Makarov. Then he decides to shoot Roach because he doesn't like him a lot. Then for some reason Price and Soap find out that Shepherd is the bad guy and decide to kill him, even though Makarov is the baddie.

Then Shepherd dies. And Makarov is still alive. and i'm like WTF.

ReputationRep:
    PS Store update this week (taken from DS):

(Original post by Digital Spy)
    PlayStation Store via PS3
    Add-On Game Content

* Fallout 3
    o Broken Steel (€7.99)
    o Operation Anchorage (€7.99)
    o The Pitt (€7.99)
    o Point Lookout (€7.99)
    o Mothership Zeta (€7.99)

Rating: PEGI 16+
    Availability: Additional release for Spain only

* Burnout Paradise - Big Surf Bundle (Burnout Paradise full game and Big Surf Island pack) (£27.99/€34.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All locales

* Buzz! – Euro Sports Quiz (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All except Czech Republic, Greece and Russia

* Pain
    o Fat Princess Pack (free)
    o Speed Oocher Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Rating: PEGI 16+

* EyePet – Lucky Dip Styling Pack 4 (free) Rating: PEGI 3+

* Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic -
    o Mistress of Mime (free)
    o Shaolin Scarecrow (free)

Rating: PEGI 12+

* Guitar Hero 5
    o Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz (£1.59/€1.99)
    o Lady by Lenny Kravitz (£1.59/€1.99)
    o Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz (£1.59/€1.99)
    o Lenny Kravitz Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49)

Availability: All except Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates

* Rock Band
    o A Day Like This – SpongeBob SquarePants (£0.59/€0.79)
    o Club Foot by Kasabian (£0.99/€1.49)
    o Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground by White Stripes (£0.99/€1.49)
    o Employee of the Month – SpongeBob SquarePants (£0.59/€0.79)
    o Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine by White Stripes (£0.99/€1.49)
    o Icky Thump by White Stripes (£0.99/€1.49)
    o Ridin’ the Hook – SpongeBob SquarePants (£0.59/€0.79)
    o Smash It Up (Part II) by The Damned (£0.99/€1.49)
    o White Stripes Pack 01 (this pack contains the three White Stripes tracks above) (£2.49/€3.99)

Availability: All except Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE
    Videos (free)

* Dante’s Inferno Anger Dev Diary
    * Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Launch Trailer
    * Just Cause 2 Island of Panua Mini Doc 2

Premium Themes

(Static themes)

* Wise Father Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
    * Yuefeng Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
    * King Zumo Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
    * Cavalier Warrior Theme (£1.19/€1.49)

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
    Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 (£13.99/€17.99)
    * Major League Baseball 2K9 (£11.99/€14.99)
    * Mana Khemia: Student Alliance (£19.99/€24.99)

Availability: All except Australia and New Zealand
    minis (also available via the PS3 store)

* Circles Circles Circles (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All except Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Switzerland

* D-Cube Planet (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Availability: All except Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Switzerland

* Bubble Trubble (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3+

Demo (free)

* Jax and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Demo (free) Rating: PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce – Additional Quests 7 (free) Rating: PEGI 12+

* Rock Band Unplugged
    o Excuse Me Mr. by No Doubt (£0.99/€1.49)
    o I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: All except Czech Rep, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE

Loosk crap to me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :rofl2: I kept missing the ladder from the Helicopter! (MW2) :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :rofl2: I kept missing the ladder from the Helicopter! (MW2) :rofl:
    :lol:

Oh dear. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I didn't get the trophy for "Soap on a rope" storm the gulag... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Neither did i it seems. :ninja:

Never noticed that until now.

EDIT:

Is there anyway i can run my PS3 into my Tv, then from the tv into my hi-fi? I have the PS3 connected to the TV via HDMI and the tv connected by phono lead to the hi-fi, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

I can't use the optical out on the PS3 as my hi-fi only has an output as well.

Been trying to figure this out for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)

EDIT:

Is there anyway i can run my PS3 into my Tv, then from the tv into my hi-fi? I have the PS3 connected to the TV via HDMI and the tv connected by phono lead to the hi-fi, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

I can't use the optical out on the PS3 as my hi-fi only has an output as well.

Been trying to figure this out for ages.
    I connect my PS3 via HDMI to TV, then use the component cable to connect the PS3 to my surround sound. You should be able to connect your PS3 to your hi-fi that way.

In other news, I've got 50% of the trophies in MW2. :awesome:

All I have to do now is complete the campaign on veteran, and complete all the spec ops challenges on veteran... :indiff:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)

I got it now. :awesome: It was on a later level.

Edit:
    Played it for 5Hrs 21mins and I'm still on Act 2. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I bought a ps3 over a year ago, and havnt got it online yet. can anyone briefly run me through how to let it access the internet?

What hardware do i need to buy for it, a how much does it cost/ how do i pay it.

For the laptop im using now, i access the internet from my landline socket and have a lead coming from the landline phone socket to a router, and an ethernet cable from the router to the laptop. BT is the provider.
    What would happen if i put the ethernet cable in the ps3??

Does the ps3 have a browser for me to browse webpages on my tv, rather than using online fuction for gaming??

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    Hi all,

I bought a ps3 over a year ago, and havnt got it online yet. can anyone briefly run me through how to let it access the internet?

What hardware do i need to buy for it, a how much does it cost/ how do i pay it.
    You've already got a router, so an ethernet cable is all that you need, at most.

For the laptop im using now, i access the internet from my landline socket and have a lead coming from the landline phone socket to a router, and an ethernet cable from the router to the laptop. BT is the provider.
    What would happen if i put the ethernet cable in the ps3??
    If you connect an ethernet cable from your router to you PS3, that's all the hardware setup that you need to do. Alternatively, if your router has wireless capabilities, your PS3 is equipped to connect to it wirelessly (though a wired connection will always be more reliable).

Here's a video guide to setting up the connection (you may want to turn the sound down though! :rolleyes:):

Does the ps3 have a browser for me to browse webpages on my tv, rather than using online fuction for gaming??

thanks in advance
    Yes - from the XMB, it's under Network->Internet Browser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    All I have to do now is complete the campaign on veteran, and complete all the spec ops challenges on veteran... :indiff:
    Well, that sounds easy!

ReputationRep:
    Basically what the above said. It's a good video as well. I think I used it. What games you got??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, that sound easy!
    Dude... it is easy. :sexface:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.