Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I connect my PS3 via HDMI to TV, then use the component cable to connect the PS3 to my surround sound. You should be able to connect your PS3 to your hi-fi that way.

In other news, I've got 50% of the trophies in MW2. :awesome:

All I have to do now is complete the campaign on veteran, and complete all the spec ops challenges on veteran... :indiff:
    So i can run the picture via HDMI, and run the sound via the scart/RGB/component output from the ps3 into my hi-fi?

Getting pee'd off with this now & my ps3 & tv are edging closer to being out the window

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I GOT MW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111¬¬``

Time to play Resistance 2 that I got from Lovefilm...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, but no one has answered 'how much does it cost?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    Thanks for the replies, but no one has answered 'how much does it cost?'
    The PSN is free....you don't have to pay like Xbox live....

ReputationRep:
    The PS3 does have a web browser, but unless you've got a usb keyboard and mouse its slow to use.
    Plus some sites high in pictures or flash content will fail to load.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    So i can run the picture via HDMI, and run the sound via the scart/RGB/component output from the ps3 into my hi-fi?

Getting pee'd off with this now & my ps3 & tv are edging closer to being out the window
    :yep:

You'll probably need some sort of auxiliary cable as well as a cable that links the whist and red wires to the standard 3.5mm jack.

Been playing the campaign on Veteran... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to play some online MW2 now?

ReputationRep:
    Been offered MW2 for £35. Worth it? Or is Asda and Sainsbury's still doing those deals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz90)
    Been offered MW2 for £35. Worth it? Or is Asda and Sainsbury's still doing those deals?
    No... :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I was finally going to get onto online, as I've just finished the Campaign (hardened , but only 3 of the 45 pieces of intel :o:)!
    Oh well, Spec Ops and/or Veteran next then...
    Wow Well done
    I only done 3h worth of campaign on regular and I found that slightly hard. I'm still a bit too used to KZ2 gameplay... COD seems so light, and quick... 2 shot and you're dead...
    Well at least they fixed the matchmaking problem

Still slightly confused about the emblems and stuff

ReputationRep:
    No... :nah:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:

Andrew, you got phono (i.e red and white) inputs on your hi-fi? You know the multi-av cable that came with your PS3? Well plug that into the back (as well as the HDMI) and then go into the sound settings on the PS3 and enable the 'Audio Multi-Output' which will make the sound come out on both your TV and hi-fi (but you can turn the sound down on the tv).

I know this because I've just set it up on mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Andrew, you got phono (i.e red and white) inputs on your hi-fi? You know the multi-av cable that came with your PS3? Well plug that into the back (as well as the HDMI) and then go into the sound settings on the PS3 and enable the 'Audio Multi-Output' which will make the sound come out on both your TV and hi-fi (but you can turn the sound down on the tv).

I know this because I've just set it up on mine!
    Nice one, i will try both what you and Geoff said. I think it might be the only thing i didn't try. My brain wasn't working due to the anger building up :o:

Should sound pretty good via my sub etc.. Want to annoy the neighbours :evil:

Even tried setting up my creative speakers with it, with no luck! :mad:

Quick question about MW2 trophie(s):

Anyone know which level (or act) i need to complete to get this one:

Desperate Times
    Execute the plan to help the Americans.

I had to go back and do the castle act & got the soap on a rope one, but this one i don't know which act i need to complete?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about MW2 trophie(s):

Anyone know which level (or act) i need to complete to get this one:

Desperate Times
    Execute the plan to help the Americans.

I had to go back and do the castle act & got the soap on a rope one, but this one i don't know which act i need to complete?
    I'm pretty sure that it's from "Contingency".

I just got the "Ghost" trophy myself (on Veteran, nonetheless), which is pretty good fun for an easy challenge.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that it's from "Contingency".

I just got the "Ghost" trophy myself (on Veteran, nonetheless), which is pretty good fun for an easy challenge.
    Oh, i hate that level Always get mauled by those gay dogs. :bawling:

Do we have a TSR ps3 squad yet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh, i hate that level Always get mauled by those gay dogs. :bawling:

Do we have a TSR ps3 squad yet?
    AFAIK, no.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't we have a squad?

We should just make one now.

ReputationRep:
    Deffo should. We have some really good ps3 players on here & some crap (me).

I'm sort of already part of a squad, but i can ditch that tag & get a new one if we have enough people off here to start one?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm in. Playing MW2 now actually.

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta key sign ups:

http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/beta

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.