Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!

Been offered a PSP Slim and Lite with Pro Evo 2009, WipeOut Pure and Sid Meier's Pirates + 4GB memory stick for £85. Screen still has original protective sticker on it and apparently it's all in good working order!

I think this is a good deal. What do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    Good deal, i'd go for it. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Surely you could just put TSR in your clan tag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Good deal, i'd go for it. :yep:
    Cool, I think I shall. I've heard the 3000 model has some glitches or something, so Slim and Lite is essentially the same right?

Also - my brother sent me this. It's 10 games the Daily Mail wants you to play.

The Daily Mail - a fairly venomous UK tabloid, for our international visitors - has been coming in for some criticism over the past few weeks, what with the Jan Moir controversy, and now its thoughts on the newly released Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

But we think that it’s time to give the paper a break. It’s only trying to make the world a better place for us all, after all. And given its expertise where videogames are concerned, we’d like to give it some support. We know that the Daily Mail is likely to be very busy finding new ways to scream at us to live our lives, so we’ve come up with some games that the Mail is likely to be far happier about us all playing....

SINGSTAR: BRITAIN
    Gather the entire family all together in one room to belt out solid British uplifting classics such as Land Of Hope And Glory, Pomp & Circumstance (you can hum it) and Jerusalem. A special Nintendo Wii version will motion detect when you bounce up and down like they do on Last Night Of The Proms, and give you bonus Union Jack unlockables. If you complete all the challenges, then you get to send an asylum seeker home!

BORDERLANDS
    But only if it’s rewritten so that it tells the tale of the brave men and women patrolling the border of our country to keep those visiting from foreign shores out. It could include an exciting level where you get to render the Channel Tunnel inoperable too. Downloadable content will even take you to Calais so you can NIP THIS PROBLEM IN THE BUD.

POSTAL: WHEELY BIN EDITION
    Your mission is simple: you must charge through the streets of a town that has been overrun by the scourge of the modern age: the wheely bin. Can you take them all out, while sending a strong message to your local council in the process? You get extra points for finding the wheely bins that have cameras in them that are SNOOPING ON YOUR EVERY MOVE.

COUNTER STRIKE
    Fight back against the striking workers who are BRINGING THE COUNTRY TO ITS KNEES! In this amazing strategy game, you need to come up with lots of different strategies to BEAT THE STRIKERS and SEND THEM A MESSAGE! If you succeed, you get to write a column in The Daily Mail as your reward, and be regarded as a hero for all time!

MANIC MINER
    A game set in the 1980s where you take on the role of Glorious Leader Margaret Thatcher in her brave and moving fight against the miners. Can you shut down their pits and put them out of a job without making them manic in the process?

GRAN TURISMO: MODERN BRITAIN
    Beat the perils of modern Britain by EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO DRIVE LIKE A C**K without being snapped by speed cameras for doing so, or paying any EVIL CONGESTION CHARGES. You unlock extra content if you can drive for 100 miles without picking up a single fine or point on your driving licence.

JANHUNT
    Join columnist Jan Moir on her hunt to find new things wrong with modern Britain. You get bonus points here for taking pot shots in the direction of recently dead celebrities, and weaving in as many poisonous views as you can. The high score table is measured via complaints to the Press Complaints Commission.

RISK: THE LISBON TREATY EDITION
    A videogame of the classic board game! Conquer each country in rapid succession. Extra points are awarded for finding countries signed up to the Lisbon Treaty without referendum, and discovering where the same country was asked more than once to say 'yes'. If you find them, you get to do the typing challenge – can you write 1000 words of rage on the matter in 20 minutes? There’s a generous expense account waiting for you if you do!

HOME ALONE: THE GAME
    People are leaving their homes and being hurt at work and on the street, thanks to the evils of HEALTH AND SAFETY laws. Put a stop to it! Create a climate of fear where every action has an adverse reaction. Can you write enough stories to persuade every Britain to just stay at home and live in terror, even if it's actually fine outside? The fewer people willing to venture out, the higher your score!

COOKING MAMA!
    A special edition of the popular franchise, where your job is to to scare people about the content of their food by quoting meaningless surveys and reports regarding whether said products will extend or decrease your life. PLUS! Enjoy the hilarious minigame challenges where you get to screen food for any allergies it might contain! If you find them, you get to design your own front page where, once more, you can SCARE THE S**T out of all of your readers! Bonus!

I got MW2 on Wed and i've only played it for 10mins on single player campaign :eek:

Something must be wrong with me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    That FF XIII announcement is up:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII – The Time Has Come

The time has come, folks! The countdown’s over – we wait no more!

As promised, the FINAL FANTASY XIII developer team put together a special message to celebrate with you the history of the series and reveal new details of its latest – and long awaited – chapter.

But I won’t say more and leave the stage to the game Producer himself, who wanted to write a few lines for the occasion, exclusively for the PlayStation blog.

Enjoy – and let us know what you think about it!

——————-

Final Fantasy XIII - Kitase-san

Hello, this is Yoshinori Kitase, Producer of FINAL FANTASY XIII.

I am very excited that the launch of the latest chapter of the FINAL FANTASY series is just around the corner.

We have prepared a special video for FINAL FANTASY XIII including new footage and some very important information I am sure you will be happy about. It is now available for all of you to watch, so please check it out.
    Follow the link to see the vid.

Edit - I've watched it now
    For the most part, it's nothing exciting - interviews with the devs and 30 seconds of new gameplay footage. Leona Lewis is doing the title song apparently... :curious:

They've given the US and European release date though - 9 March 2010. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta key sign ups:

http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/beta
    Thanks for the heads-up - here's hoping that everyone here who wants one gets a key!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Cool, I think I shall. I've heard the 3000 model has some glitches or something, so Slim and Lite is essentially the same right?

Also - my brother sent me this. It's 10 games the Daily Mail wants you to play.
    I have no idea about PSP's. All i know is the old one is better then the money eating new one. :yep:

Home Alone: The Game! Oh hell yes!

Found this on youtube and im glad this dude doesn't play on the PS3. He is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A-c5PSMq5s

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Thanks for the heads-up - here's hoping that everyone here who wants one gets a key!
    No problem.

I was tempted not to post it up here & steal all of your opportunities to play the beta, but i am not that evil. :lol:

Had to share the found info. :yep:

No doubt i won't get a key.. As always. :o:

ReputationRep:
    That FF XIII announcement is up:

Follow the link to see the vid.

Edit - I've watched it now
    For the most part, it's nothing exciting - interviews with the devs and 30 seconds of new gameplay footage. Leona Lewis is doing the title song apparently... :curious:

They've given the US and European release date though - 9 March 2010. :excited:
    9th of March! That's still in this century! :yikes:

FFXIII and GT5 publishers should have a competition for how many times they can put off releasing the game to the West.

Bit of a waste of time that video. Two announcements just for a lame video with a pretentious presenter and a release date.

Normal games just announce things like that there and then. :huff:

Disappointed with you Square Enix! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    9th of March! That's still in this century! :yikes:

FFXIII and GT5 publishers should have a competition for how many times they can put off releasing the game to the West.

Bit of a waste of time that video. Two announcements just for a lame video with a pretentious presenter and a release date.

Normal games just announce things like that there and then. :huff:

Disappointed with you Square Enix! :fuhrer:
    Agreed on the video being pointless, though - I was hoping for something a little more given the emphasis given earlier in the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I've got the old fatty psp and it's doing the job fine. The 3000 supposedly has screen issues, and obv the psp go doesn't have UMD's so you'll be tied in to what Sony offer and for the prices they offer it at.

If I was going to buy a PSP now, it would be the Slim&Lite and it seems like you're getting an awesome deal. You'll need to familiarise yourself with a psp before peace walker obv :p: And recently there has been Gran Turismo, GTA: Chinatown wars, Motorstorm released on it. And LittleBigPlanet is coming out soon!

Sony have managed to win the piracy war for now, so it doesn't really matter which model you go for now in that respect. I'm going to have to undo all my hard work and move over to Sony firmware, which means no ps1 games on it for me It won't let me play any games atm, except very old UMD's.

ReputationRep:
    If i am to be honest FF seems like aload of old bullcrap to me.

Shoot me if you must, but i just can't see the enjoyment in it, at all.

Seems a bit boring.

ReputationRep:
    2010 is next century, Geoff! :p:

Agreed on the video being pointless, though - I was hoping for something a little more given the emphasis given earlier in the week.
    Eh? I thought 2010 is the next decade? :hmmmm2:

If i am to be honest FF seems like aload of old bullcrap to me.

Shoot me if you must, but i just can't see the enjoyment in it, at all.

Seems a bit boring.
    We've had this discussion before. Like no-one in this thread likes FF, apart from pinkpenguin, who's favourite game of the series is FFVIII, like me! :five:

ReputationRep:

We've had this discussion before. Like no-one in this thread likes FF, apart from pinkpenguin, who's favourite game of the series is FFVIII, like me! :five:
    :facepalm: Forget I said that - I was temporarily relieved of my senses, I think ... :o:

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah. :lol:

Forgot i wasn't the only one. :o:

Never really appealed to me like it should have.

Same with that stupid Donkey Kong rubbish on the nintendo.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Forget I said that - I was temporarily relieved of my senses, I think ... :o:
    :woo:

I must confess I nearly made that mistake myself when I was typing it!

Oh yeah. :lol:

Forgot i wasn't the only one. :o:

Never really appealed to me like it should have.

Same with that stupid Donkey Kong rubbish on the nintendo.
    Each to their own. I 100% agree with you on the last sentence though! :teehee:

ReputationRep:

That makes me feel slightly less bad then!

Is anyone else having problems logging on to the PSN right now?

ReputationRep:

Each to their own. I 100% agree with you on the last sentence though! :teehee:
    Donkey Kong was a giant douche :yep:

Hated him almost as much as i hated tails from Sonic the Hedgehog. Stupid little fox thing, or whatever it was. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Completed MW2 campaign on veteran! :jive:

Got 78% of the trophies now. All I need is to get all the stars in spec ops, which is pretty much impossible I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Sony have managed to win the piracy war for now, so it doesn't really matter which model you go for now in that respect. I'm going to have to undo all my hard work and move over to Sony firmware, which means no ps1 games on it for me It won't let me play any games atm, except very old UMD's.
    You can still d/l PS1 games from the PSN and transfer them over tho right?

You just can't illegal-fy them... :p:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.