Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else already gotten bored of the nuke? I've called it in now at least 15 times, once we let the other team win just to annoy them :p:....also why are the harrier jump jets still in the air when it goes off? :dontknow:

Night night :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Has anyone else already gotten bored of the nuke? I've called it in now at least 15 times, once we let the other team win just to annoy them :p:....also why are the harrier jump jets still in the air when it goes off? :dontknow:

Alright, stop showing off!

Cos they shoot at enemies when they're hovering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Alright, stop showing off!
    Sorry :p: I can't help it...

Cos they shoot at enemies when they're hovering.
    lol I get that...I mean when the nuke goes off any aircraft in the air stays in the air...which seems a bit stupid if a nukes just gone off don't you think?

By the way did you know you can shoot down enemy UAVs?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah but the thing is on missions like 'Big Brother' and 'Overwatch', I've been on the ground every single time! I've done both missions about 6 times now (with like 6 different people) and I've never been the chopper or AC130 gunner! I dunno how but it seems every time we've tried switching over they die and die and die......just over and over! So either I'm a really bad gunner or they suck on the ground....personally I think it's the latter! :p:
    Like even on the Echo missions, I was playing the hostage oil rig mission with someone and we go right to the end where we had to do one more breach to rescue the hostages and they killed one of the hostages!! It took us the best part of 10 minutes to get up there and I was like noooooo!!! That's the only mission I've not done yet

Btw maybe I'll do all the Spec Ops missions with you and when people ask me to play it with them I'll just recommend you cos you'll know all the tricks :wink2:
    Can do. :yep:

I was the guy on the ground in Overwatch when me and Spikeymike did it yesterday. Only took us two or three attempts. On one of them I swear I was standing right by the chopper right at the end of the mission (on the roof), and the chopper wouldn't pick me up! :zomg:

Then I died.. :huff:

If you are losing a game, does setting off a nuke get a win even though you were losing at the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Can do. :yep:

I was the guy on the ground in Overwatch when me and Spikeymike did it yesterday. Only took us two or three attempts. On one of them I swear I was standing right by the chopper right at the end of the mission (on the roof), and the chopper wouldn't pick me up! :zomg:

Then I died.. :huff:
    Yeah sometimes you have to wait like 5/10 seconds for the chopper to get close enough to pick you up...it's annoying cos it doesn't tell you!

If you are losing a game, does setting off a nuke get a win even though you were losing at the time?
    Yeah! And you get a challenge done as well.....it was just funny watching the other team constantly scoring flags then I just set off the nuke...they were a bit gutted at the end! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah sometimes you have to wait like 5/10 seconds for the chopper to get close enough to pick you up...it's annoying cos it doesn't tell you!
    When I was in the chopper, I was waiting for Geoff to get in, and then he died :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

I think Geoff said he didn't notice the chopper via the headset. :lolwut: :woo: I was like :rofl: :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! SINGSTAR SNOW PATROL is coming!!! I can now die happy /sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    When I was in the chopper, I was waiting for Geoff to get in, and then he died :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

I think Geoff said he didn't notice the chopper via the headset. :lolwut: :woo: I was like :rofl: :rofl2:
    Hah, I noticed the chopper when I got to the roof, I ran to it, but nothing happened! So I took some cover, expecting a message to come up telling me to get in, but nothing came up! Then I died.. :sigh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hah, I noticed the chopper when I got to the roof, I ran to it, but nothing happened! So I took some cover, expecting a message to come up telling me to get in, but nothing came up! Then I died.. :sigh:
    I don't know if it's me but I can't hear you too clearly. Maybe just a few words... :o: Kinda too loud.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a private flat so no network restrictions. My NAT type is open.
    I'd say to switch your router off then back on again and it should work with Geoff then.!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if it's me but I can't hear you too clearly. Maybe just a few words... :o: Kinda too loud.
    Is it because I'm mumbling, or because the headset quality isn't good?! :curious:

My headset isn't the greatest when it comes to gaming.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Is it because I'm mumbling, or because the headset quality isn't good?! :curious:

My headset isn't the greatest when it comes to gaming.
    I think it's the headset quality/clarity.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the headset quality/clarity.
    Fair enough. Not much I can do about it, but it's good to know. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :awesome: How long has Iplayer been on there? Trying to judge how long its been since I last played

ReputationRep:
    It's already been said, but I strongly recommend you getting a new PS3 Slim.

The reason why you current system turns off after a few minutes is probably because the person who repaired your PS3 did not apply thermal compound to the CPU and GPU after repairing your PS3. This means that heat does not dissipate from the components very well, and so overheats very quickly.

Read my blog for what I did when I had my YLoD:

http://geoffyin.blogspot.com/2009/11...-death-on.html
    Thanks for all the help, just two areas of concern.

1) Concerning the 1967 law on retailers, do you think I can make a claim without a receipt but with a bank statemnt showing the money transfer the purchase of my PS3?

2) I want to back up my PS3 with a 500 GB external, but do I have to formated to FAT32? As I'm worried about downloading programmes on my laptop. Also will I be able to just back up my songs, pictures and videos without formatting? Also will formatting ,my hard drive to FAT32 affect it in anywat concerning backing up all the music on hard drive etc?

Thanks! (Quote me please)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KennyS1)
    Thanks for all the help, just two areas of concern.

1) Concerning the 1967 law on retailers, do you think I can make a claim without a receipt but with a bank statemnt showing the money transfer the purchase of my PS3?

2) I want to back up my PS3 with a 500 GB external, but do I have to formated to FAT32? As I'm worried about downloading programmes on my laptop. Also will I be able to just back up my songs, pictures and videos without formatting? Also will formatting ,my hard drive to FAT32 affect it in anywat concerning backing up all the music on hard drive etc?

Thanks! (Quote me please)
    1) I don't think you will be able to make a claim without a receipt, or some sort of invoice unfortunately. I may be wrong though.

2) If you want to use a 500GB external as a backup, you HAVE to format it to FAT32. Use the link that's provided in the OP to do this.

When you format your external to FAT32, you will lose ALL the data that's on the HDD, so be careful. Once it has been formatted, all the songs, pictures and videos will be able to be backed up. Again, your external HAS to be in FAT32 to do this. If you don't do this, the PS3 will not recognise the external HDD at all.

So you may want to have a dedicated external HDD that has the backup data for your PS3, and another external HDD to use with your laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    :awesome: How long has Iplayer been on there? Trying to judge how long its been since I last played
    Almost a year apparently.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I just found out today that you could get films from the PS3 store :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    I just found out today that you could get films from the PS3 store :facepalm:
    That's a new feature AFAIK (clicky), so you don't need to give yourself the facepalm! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    That's a new feature AFAIK (clicky), so you don't need to give yourself the facepalm! :p:
    Oh. Awesome :gah:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.