Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    What's the big fuss about this £55 RRP for COD4:MW2 I keep hearing about? Most games never sell at RRP and shopto.net is taking pre-orders at £42.99 (was £41.99), so just head their way!
    Sure, but if the RRP were £10 cheaper, then the retail prices that the title is actually selling for would also be £10 cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Tbh I tend to play at least one of them about once every 2 months or so.

Completed Twin Snakes again last week :woo:
    :eek: wow you must be a massive MGS fangirl then :mmm: :cool:

i really wanna play the orginal one again, my fav game of all time :love: but i sold my ps1 a long time ago which i kinda regret now :sad:

i still need to play the 3rd one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    :eek: wow you must be a massive MGS fangirl then :mmm: :cool:

i really wanna play the orginal one again, my fav game of all time :love: but i sold my ps1 a long time ago which i kinda regret now :sad:

i still need to play the 3rd one

Any ps3 will play ps1 titles so you can still play number 1 .

Also Uncharted 2 = no install , I am seriously in love with Naughty Dog <3 they just need to give us a ps3 version of jak and daxter and I will love them even more.

Hmm what do people think? do you think it would last up against Ratchet and Clank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    Any ps3 will play ps1 titles so you can still play number 1 .
    really :eek: i didnt know lol, but damn i sold the game as well, but i think i can get hold of it somewhere :woo: thanks man :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of not buying it till the price drops, however 3 of my friends have already preordered that and Uncharted 2. I'm pretty sure that MW2 will have insane multiplayer as it is, so might as well get it on day 1 rather than wait for a year before the price drops by 5 pounds. Still activision=MORONS.

ReputationRep:
    PS3 games are region free, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    They'll get away with it based on the popularity of their previous games. I wouldn't pay more than £35 for any game though.
    Of course they'll get away with it because everyone's going to buy it anyway. I find it rather sneaky though, to ride on the success of a previous release.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    i can teach you how to fly
    do you use pro flight or noob flight?

i effing hate noob flight pilots who can actually play the game. it's basically cheating.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sh...worrying-trend

I read this article on eurogamer, and it's just freaking stupid. Layton i kinda understand, it was sold out for months. But forza 3? Pulease give me a break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    do you use pro flight or noob flight?

i effing hate noob flight pilots who can actually play the game. it's basically cheating.
    Normal flight thank you very much and i dont backwards lock either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    What's the big fuss about this £55 RRP for COD4:MW2 I keep hearing about? Most games never sell at RRP and shopto.net is taking pre-orders at £42.99 (was £41.99), so just head their way!
    Shopto sells most new games at about £34.99, though, so it's still significantly more.

However, if you really want to see excessive pricing, take a look here! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I use Pro flight, because I find it better. I still suck though, however I got Bandit Air to Surface and Master Ground Combat today ^_^ EDIT and am about 200 points off 5k and my next rank ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Nice oli
    Ill hopefully get 2.5k points today then 2.5k tomorrow and be a major :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Normal flight thank you very much and i dont backwards lock either
    why do you use it then? pro flight owns for accuracy. easy flight is... well... easy to dodge missiles, and apparently easy to keep locked while utterly spamming the right stick. but i can dodge missiles fine in pro flight so why use "normal" flight if you're not going to use the backwards lock on cheat?

ReputationRep:
    Because I never lose track of the plane on norm flight, and because Pro flight makes me sick and I can't be bothered perfecting norm flight for about 68 hours and then learning pro. Too late for me to start. And I like laughing at the hate mail they send me saying im a noob bla bla after the pro flight guy has been killed :p:

But each to their own

ReputationRep:
    Because I never lose track of the plane on norm flight, and because Pro flight makes me sick and I can't be bothered perfecting norm flight for about 68 hours and then learning pro. Too late for me to start. And I like laughing at the hate mail they send me saying im a noob bla bla after the pro flight guy has been killed :p:

But each to their own
    fairy muff. im about to have a bash i think

ReputationRep:
    Anyone find that if they have left Warhawk for 2-3 months, then come back to it, they suck at it? I do...

Anywho, nxt big online games for me are MW2, uncharted 2 (probably just for the co-op), Fat Princess (maybeeee) and I'm really interested in Borderlands, sounds like an awesome game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Anyone find that if they have left Warhawk for 2-3 months, then come back to it, they suck at it? I do...

Anywho, nxt big online games for me are MW2, uncharted 2 (probably just for the co-op), Fat Princess (maybeeee) and I'm really interested in Borderlands, sounds like an awesome game.
    always happens that way darkos :sad:
    Because everyone gets so good and takes a while before you reach what you were before.

ReputationRep:
    what about MAG im gtting that before cod 4 MW2

ReputationRep:
    Just started playing Killzone online for the first time today, not too bad - although find it a tad annoying you're limited to what..2 rifles when you first start and the maps have waaaay too many choke points...apart from that, quite fun

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.