Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    1) I don't think you will be able to make a claim without a receipt, or some sort of invoice unfortunately. I may be wrong though.

2) If you want to use a 500GB external as a backup, you HAVE to format it to FAT32. Use the link that's provided in the OP to do this.

When you format your external to FAT32, you will lose ALL the data that's on the HDD, so be careful. Once it has been formatted, all the songs, pictures and videos will be able to be backed up. Again, your external HAS to be in FAT32 to do this. If you don't do this, the PS3 will not recognise the external HDD at all.

So you may want to have a dedicated external HDD that has the backup data for your PS3, and another external HDD to use with your laptop.
    Yeah defo on the FAT32 format...my dad suggested I change my external hard drives format to NTFS because it allows files bigger than 4gb to be written to the hard drive but then I tested his hard drive on my PS3 (his one is NTFS now) and it didn't work...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    1) I don't think you will be able to make a claim without a receipt, or some sort of invoice unfortunately. I may be wrong though.

2) If you want to use a 500GB external as a backup, you HAVE to format it to FAT32. Use the link that's provided in the OP to do this.

When you format your external to FAT32, you will lose ALL the data that's on the HDD, so be careful. Once it has been formatted, all the songs, pictures and videos will be able to be backed up. Again, your external HAS to be in FAT32 to do this. If you don't do this, the PS3 will not recognise the external HDD at all.

So you may want to have a dedicated external HDD that has the backup data for your PS3, and another external HDD to use with your laptop.
    So if I format the external hard drive to FAT32 I won't be able to use it as for example a normal USB to transfer/store normal files on a computer etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KennyS1)
    So if I format the external hard drive to FAT32 I won't be able to use it as for example a normal USB to transfer/store normal files on a computer etc?
    No, you would be able to use it for normal PC file transfer, but as Bigmo7 said, you won't be able to transfer files over 4GB in size to the external HDD.

ReputationRep:
    No, you would be able to use it for normal PC file transfer, but as Bigmo7 said, you won't be able to transfer files over 4GB in size to the external HDD.
    Okay one last question, will I be able to format it back to its' original format? (I haven't got a clue what its' original format is)

ReputationRep:
    Okay one last question, will I be able to format it back to its' original format? (I haven't got a clue what its' original format is)
    Yep - the original format will likely be NTFS, and it shouldn't be any problem to reformat the drive to use NTFS again using a PC (though of course you'll lose all data on it by doing so).

ReputationRep:
    What Illusionary said.

play.com have an extensivelist of pre-orders....

about 20 good games between now and march....no study time :awesome:

News indeed :eek:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1047594p1.html

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Illusionary and geof_yin!

ReputationRep:
    a Firmware that enables 3D capability?

That's going to brick a few PS3's.. Blates :lol:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I wonder how far they can push back a deadline of "March 31, 2011"?

ReputationRep:
    Judging by GT5 & the pushbacks that has recieved, i'd go with a date of March 31 3011.

ReputationRep:
    Here we go

Killzone 3D
    Uncharted 3D
    God of War 3 (with added 3D levels!)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Judging by GT5 & the pushbacks that has recieved, i'd go with a date of March 31 3011.
    GT5 has been delayed by Sony and not the makers of the GT5. god knows why. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Just completed the Spec Ops mission "Homeland Security" on veteran all by myself! Took me 67 minutes to complete! :zomg:

Don't want to do that mission ever again tbh!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you with a PSP in the UK, you can use this code: EC2N-9HBR-HJD6 on your PSP to get a free Transformers comic for the digital comic reader. It's actually quite neat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    a Firmware that enables 3D capability?

That's going to brick a few PS3's.. Blates :lol:
    Yeah probably mine! My ps3 history is terrible...I've managed 5 ps3s in 3 years now...

Just completed the Spec Ops mission "Homeland Security" on veteran all by myself! Took me 67 minutes to complete! :zomg:

Don't want to do that mission ever again tbh!
    :zomg: That is amazing...I cannot believe that you had the patience for that!!! You know I kept seeing you playing on that and I thought that maybe you were just trying it over and over...it's a ***** of a mission with two players let alone one! The turrets help out massively...if you keep them functioning that is....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :zomg: That is amazing...I cannot believe that you had the patience for that!!! You know I kept seeing you playing on that and I thought that maybe you were just trying it over and over...it's a ***** of a mission with two players let alone one! The turrets help out massively...if you keep them functioning that is....
    :grin:

No I was just playing it the one time! My turrets kept getting destroyed by the predator missiles, so the stats said at the end that my turrets only killed 16 hostiles...

All I did was camp in the Taco Bell or whatever it's called. Hostiles never enter through the one entrance as you have to crouch to get in. Took out helicopters with a light machine gun which was quite simple. Then when the BTR-3 was the only thing left to kill, I would run to the other buildings trying to find an AT4 and also stock up on ammunition. Had to run back to the Taco Bell once I destroyed the BTR-3 at the end of wave four though. No idea how I made it as I was actually surrounded in the open with hostiles firing at me, but I somehow didn't get killed.

How long did it take you to complete with two people out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    :grin:

No I was just playing it the one time! My turrets kept getting destroyed by the predator missiles, so the stats said at the end that my turrets only killed 16 hostiles...

All I did was camp in the Taco Bell or whatever it's called. Hostiles never enter through the one entrance as you have to crouch to get in. Took out helicopters with a light machine gun which was quite simple. Then when the BTR-3 was the only thing left to kill, I would run to the other buildings trying to find an AT4 and also stock up on ammunition. Had to run back to the Taco Bell once I destroyed the BTR-3 at the end of wave four though. No idea how I made it as I was actually surrounded in the open with hostiles firing at me, but I somehow didn't get killed.

How long did it take you to complete with two people out of interest?
    Wow that's heroic! The building next to the one you spawn near was the one we camped in from wave 2 onwards....two turrets on either side inside of the restaurant and we kept well clear or them to drawn the fire away....there were enough RPGS in there to take out the choppers and the BTR but the choppers we took out with the LMG too..I think overall it took us the best part of 10 mins....the only annoying thing was that they kept coming in! At one point there were about 10 of them in the building while we were hiding behind the counter getting up only to spray and then going prone again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Wow that's heroic! The building next to the one you spawn near was the one we camped in from wave 2 onwards....two turrets on either side inside of the restaurant and we kept well clear or them to drawn the fire away....there were enough RPGS in there to take out the choppers and the BTR but the choppers we took out with the LMG too..I think overall it took us the best part of 10 mins....the only annoying thing was that they kept coming in! At one point there were about 10 of them in the building while we were hiding behind the counter getting up only to spray and then going prone again....
    That's true - I should have kept the turrets indoors! :facepalm:

Yeah having hostiles come into the building I'm camping in is what kills me, as they can also chuck grenades right by you too.

10 minutes is a lot quicker than 67! :eek:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.