Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    That's true - I should have kept the turrets indoors! :facepalm:

Yeah having hostiles come into the building I'm camping in is what kills me, as they can also chuck grenades right by you too.

10 minutes is a lot quicker than 67! :eek:
    Really?! :shock: :rofl2:

I've not even come across this mission yet, doesn't sound nice. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Really?! :shock: :rofl2:

I've not even come across this mission yet, doesn't sound nice. :ninja:
    It's one of the Delta missions (or maybe Charlie). :curious:

You have to hold off five waves of hostiles.

The first wave is fine - just troops who can be killed using a sniper with thermal scope.

The second wave has troops + predator missiles, so you can't venture outside for long, otherwise you'll get owned.

The third wave has troops, predator missiles and a chopper. The chopper is quite easy to take down actually.

The fourth wave has troops, predator missiles, a chopper and a BTR-3. The BTR-3 is best left until last.

Finally the fifth wave has troops, predator missiles, two choppers and a BTR-3. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's true - I should have kept the turrets indoors! :facepalm:

Yeah having hostiles come into the building I'm camping in is what kills me, as they can also chuck grenades right by you too.

10 minutes is a lot quicker than 67! :eek:
    :p: Yeah it makes sense cos they do really well inside....but either way by about the end of the 3rd wave they always seem to get destroyed anyway. The one mission I hate more than that one is Wardriving...cos its useless lazing targets for the BTR cos it never does anything! Like why bother?!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :p: Yeah it makes sense cos they do really well inside....but either way by about the end of the 3rd wave they always seem to get destroyed anyway. The one mission I hate more than that one is Wardriving...cos its useless lazing targets for the BTR cos it never does anything! Like why bother?!!?
    I was thinking about attempting that by myself today actually, but I'm not really looking forward to it. You can't really camp as you have to keep restarting the download, and they attack you from all sides. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about attempting that by myself today actually, but I'm not really looking forward to it. You can't really camp as you have to keep restarting the download, and they attack you from all sides. :afraid:
    They do indeed! I've done it on hardened but even that was a pain, we did do well on the whole breaching the building thing cos we took 2 different routes but even that was impossible on the last house! Plus they come in from like everywhere (windows an all!). I wouldn't do it if I was on my own...too much hassle and too much pain!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've finally got round to buying MW2 (should've gone to Sainsbury's ), has the whole trophy situation now been fixed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    I've finally got round to buying MW2 (should've gone to Sainsbury's ), has the whole trophy situation now been fixed?
    Yeah it's fine, tho one my mates still can't get the 20 something intel trophy, he's got the 40 intel trophy tho :rofl: But he did that before the update...

I keep taunting him that he ain't gonna get platinum!

Oh yeah if anyone want to add me, I've deleted a couple of people (whom I don't recall adding for that matter! ) so I've got spaces on my buddy list for like the first time in 6 months! But now I've started getting random friend requests off people I've been in the lobby with on say MW2.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone want to help me out with Spec Ops, or if you like, help one of you guys instead?

I have the day off work. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Anyone want to help me out with Spec Ops, or if you like, help one of you guys instead?

I have the day off work. :sexface:
    :p: Which missions do you need help with?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :p: Which missions do you need help with?
    I'm only half way through them.

Edit:
    Done Act I except Cliffhanger which I absolutely hate cos it's all stealth. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, just spent 37 minutes on wardriving only to get killed by my own claymore because some chump shot it just as I was crouching down going past my mine!

The first two houses were fairly straightforward.

I was doing well on the last house. The download stopped near the end as usual, and I was camped on the very top floor. I was just checking the top floor for hostiles, before I made my way downstairs and I got killed! :sigh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Veteren campaign is too hard. :sad:

Edit:
    Done Act 1 except Cliffhanger, because I hate stealth, I can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    So I have the opportunity to borrow Batman: Arkham Asylum. What is it like? Like which games would it be similar to? Anything like MGS?

ReputationRep:
    Borrow it. Now.

It's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    So I have the opportunity to borrow Batman: Arkham Asylum. What is it like? Like which games would it be similar to? Anything like MGS?
    I'd completely agree with Colonel Brusnahan - you should definitely take the opportunity to play it if at all possible, as it's a fantastic game. I'm not sure what else I'd compare it to though; I've not really played the MGS games enough to be able to give a fair comparison to them.

ReputationRep:
    It's similar to MGS in some ways and to Gears of War too, if you've ever played it. Though it takes parts from those two, it is a very original game and quite incomparable really.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody recommend a wireless headset? I've seen the official one, and the new COD one. Just wondering if anyone has either and if it's any good basically. Ty :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Anybody recommend a wireless headset? I've seen the official one, and the new COD one. Just wondering if anyone has either and if it's any good basically. Ty :top2:
    IIRC the COD one is made by Madcatz...experience has proven to me that their products are ****...I pretty much boycott Madcatz...

I've got the Jabra BT135 and I bought mine 2 years ago and used it heavily over those two years...and because the battery life is slowly deteriorating I've bought myself another one of the same model cos it's pretty much perfect.

Contemplating on whether I should buy assassin's creed 2 :hmmmm:
    Because i've still got to platinum resi 5, nfs shift, tekken 6 and modern warfare 2
    And, my local gamestation have demon's souls import from america [region 1]...for 50 quid :puppyeyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm gonna destroy Cliffhanger today.

Edit:
    Done.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.