Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :woo:

Finally got myself 69 stars on Spec Ops. Took me and someone else an hour and a half to finish the Wetworks missions on Echo cos we kept, or rather I kept, blowing up the explosives or somehow killing a hostage so I let my partner do all the work and even tho I went down when we breached we still completed it! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :woo: :woo:

Finally got myself 69 stars on Spec Ops. Took me and someone else an hour and a half to finish the Wetworks missions on Echo cos we kept, or rather I kept, blowing up the explosives or somehow killing a hostage so I let my partner do all the work and even tho I went down when we breached we still completed it! :p:
    :shock: I tried the last one in Echo, the one where you have to shoot through the enemy's armour, didn't even get past the first on my own. :woo: :rofl:

Well done though! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :shock: I tried the last one in Echo, the one where you have to shoot through the enemy's armour, didn't even get past the first on my own. :woo: :rofl:

Well done though! :yep:
    Which one? The one where you have to kill the 10 juggernauts in Favela or the one where you have to kill 15 in the Oil Rig? Because they are both quite easy in their own way if you know what to do.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Which one? The one where you have to kill the 10 juggernauts in Favela or the one where you have to kill 15 in the Oil Rig? Because they are both quite easy in their own way if you know what to do.
    Yeah, the 2nd one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the 2nd one.
    Yeah that one is quite easy, unless one of them comes down right at the start but even then if you manage to get upto him then just no scope him with the Barrett 50 cal. Basically on that mission get up to the first floor an you'll find somewhere towards the start (if you've done the breaching level then you need to get to where you start that mission) and there will be some scaffolding and a ladder next to it, climb on top and go prone...now you'll have to wait for a while until they come...but when they do they'll all be miles away and you can just go crazy with the sniper rifles.

If there are two of you then one person can go draw them out while the other one owns them :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah that one is quite easy, unless one of them comes down right at the start but even then if you manage to get upto him then just no scope him with the Barrett 50 cal. Basically on that mission get up to the first floor an you'll find somewhere towards the start (if you've done the breaching level then you need to get to where you start that mission) and there will be some scaffolding and a ladder next to it, climb on top and go prone...now you'll have to wait for a while until they come...but when they do they'll all be miles away and you can just go crazy with the sniper rifles.

If there are two of you then one person can go draw them out while the other one owns them :p:
    You make it sound too easy! :p:

ReputationRep:
    You make it sound too easy! :p:
    I was just about to say! :zomg:

Still need 18 stars to get my platinum. :cry2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I was just about to say! :zomg:

Still need 18 stars to get my platinum. :cry2:
    18? Even I think I have less to go than that... :p: Need a hand? :sexface:

But i still have to complete the game on Veteren, this might actually be my first platinum! :shock: Probably would have been Burnout, but the trophy patch came out just as I completed it. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    18? Even I think I have less to go than that... :p: Need a hand? :sexface:

But i still have to complete the game on Veteren, this might actually be my first platinum! :shock: Probably would have been Burnout, but the trophy patch came out just as I completed it. :facepalm:
    YES PLEASE! :borat:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok see when I said I had less than 18 stars to go... well I actually I have exactly 28 to go. :teehee: :rofl:

Edit:
    @Geoff - when do you want to play? I have all day.

ReputationRep:
    Ok see when I said I had less than 18 stars to go... well I actually I have exactly 28 to go. :teehee: :rofl:

Edit:
    @Geoff - when do you want to play? I have all day.
    Oh... :dry:

Should be on from about 3pm onwards. :yep:

ReputationRep:

I just did Armour Piercing on veteran using those exact same tactics and it worked! :woo:

15 stars to go.

ReputationRep:
    I just did Armour Piercing on veteran using those exact same tactics and it worked! :woo:

15 stars to go.
    :five: Good job!
    Have you done the one in Favela yet? Cos there is a pretty easy way of doing that too...

ReputationRep:
    :five: Good job!
    Have you done the one in Favela yet? Cos there is a pretty easy way of doing that too...
    TELL ME TELL ME! I kept getting owned because the grenade launcher was so rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    TELL ME TELL ME! I kept getting owned because the grenade launcher was so rubbish!
    Hmm should I really tell you? Do you try running around and killing them? Cos if you do then you're a lot braver than I am! :p:

Right basically for the first 2 Juggern00bs (see what I did there...:rofl: I crack myself up!) just kill them as you would, flashbang then go crazy with the Thumper or RPGs....then run across the map from where you started off (by across the map I mean all the way of the other side and there will be an alleyway leading away from the houses...pick up ammo on your way out too (important!)...it will say 'Turn back' but just ignore it because you'll only fail if you step outside the mission boundary...

Now go up the stairs and turn right into a mini alleyway...that's basically where you're going to spend most of the mission. Before you do that you might want to lay a claymore bomb as I call them...before you come up the stairs, there is a kinda open area where there is a wall leading from the houses into that open area (where you just came from). That is the best place to lay about 5/6 claymores along with 5/6 C4s...make sure they claymores and C4s are near each other so when the claymore goes up so do the C4s! Then run like hell back to the mini alleyway and wait for them...they'll come pretty close but unless you go round the corner without flashing them they won't come up to you and they'll stay round the corner. All you need to do is to fire at the way opposite yourself and they'll take the splash damage (if they're close enough)...if they aren't close enough then pop round the corner and they'll come closer...

It sounds a lot harder than it actually is....you'll need to use pretty much everything you have to take them out including trying to chuck C4s round the corner...and you'll most definitely need 2 players for it...otherwise you stand next to no chance!

Don't forget to kill 2 first, then pick up ammo and go and hide!

One more thing, if you go past the wall that defines the mini alleyway to your right then you will fail that mission, that wall is the boundary!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm should I really tell you? Do you try running around and killing them? Cos if you do then you're a lot braver than I am! :p:

Right basically for the first 2 Juggern00bs (see what I did there...:rofl: I crack myself up!) just kill them as you would, flashbang then go crazy with the Thumper or RPGs....then run across the map from where you started off (by across the map I mean all the way of the other side and there will be an alleyway leading away from the houses...pick up ammo on your way out too (important!)...it will say 'Turn back' but just ignore it because you'll only fail if you step outside the mission boundary...

Now go up the stairs and turn right into a mini alleyway...that's basically where you're going to spend most of the mission. Before you do that you might want to lay a claymore bomb as I call them...before you come up the stairs, there is a kinda open area where there is a wall leading from the houses into that open area (where you just came from). That is the best place to lay about 5/6 claymores along with 5/6 C4s...make sure they claymores and C4s are near each other so when the claymore goes up so do the C4s! Then run like hell back to the mini alleyway and wait for them...they'll come pretty close but unless you go round the corner without flashing them they won't come up to you and they'll stay round the corner. All you need to do is to fire at the way opposite yourself and they'll take the splash damage (if they're close enough)...if they aren't close enough then pop round the corner and they'll come closer...

It sounds a lot harder than it actually is....you'll need to use pretty much everything you have to take them out including trying to chuck C4s round the corner...and you'll most definitely need 2 players for it...otherwise you stand next to no chance!

Don't forget to kill 2 first, then pick up ammo and go and hide!

One more thing, if you go past the wall that defines the mini alleyway to your right then you will fail that mission, that wall is the boundary!
    Oh thought you could do it single player. Sounds complicated!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Spec ops is taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    Spec ops is taking the piss.
    Ditto PSN.

ReputationRep:
    Oh thought you could do it single player. Sounds complicated!
    More like I've made it complicated! :p:

I'll do it with you...it's probably the easiest way than spending all that time writing it out...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Act 1 & 2 complete on veteren with all intel upto act 2.

What's the best level to do this:

Downed but Not Out
    Kill 4 enemies in a row while downed in Special Ops.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.