Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I'm at uni, as are most posters in this thread I would have thought.
    I know, but I meant doing coursework etc.

It must take ages to get platinum on any game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    I know, but I meant doing coursework etc.

It must take ages to get platinum on any game.
    Oh I see.

I'll be very busy in the next three weeks - two essays have to be handed in.

I've not got a platinum in any game yet tbf.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see.

I'll be very busy in the next three weeks - two essays have to be handed in.

I've not got a platinum in any game yet tbf.
    Oh the joys of essays.

Do you know of any PC software which will allow me to stream videos on to my PS3?

ReputationRep:
    Oh the joys of essays.

Do you know of any PC software which will allow me to stream videos on to my PS3?
    No, sorry. Don't really use my PS3 to do that sort of thing.

Google is your friend I think. Unless someone else on here can help you out of course.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the joys of essays.

On Mac: Eyeconnect/PS3 Media Server
    On Windows: PS3 Media Server

ReputationRep:
    Oh the joys of essays.

Windows media player does it fine for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Yeah although there are some genuine stats up there as well. They should say who's going to host before the game starts!
    Yeah I've seen the genuine stats, from people who've played it for 7 days...I can't believe it though...how do they clock up that much?

And yeah it should tell you who the host is or at the very least it should only find games with a host that has less than say 100ms ping...but again that would require the game to have already determined a host before the lobby is full.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah I've seen the genuine stats, from people who've played it for 7 days...I can't believe it though...how do they clock up that much?

And yeah it should tell you who the host is or at the very least it should only find games with a host that has less than say 100ms ping...but again that would require the game to have already determined a host before the lobby is full.
    Probably gap year students or professionals! They should confirm the host before the game starts (like they do atm) and give you the option of leaving the lobby if it's not your cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    Probably gap year students or professionals! They should confirm the host before the game starts (like they do atm) and give you the option of leaving the lobby if it's not your cup of tea.
    Erm I was thinking more like unemployed saddos with nothing better to do! :rofl:

But yeah I guess you'd get the odd pro or gap year student too! :p:

Well the thing is that wouldn't be too bad except that the host will always have an advantage over all the other players whichever way you look at it. It can't be avoided unless they make it server based so if it just told me what my ping is in relation to the host then at least people could play together without lagging. Cos I despise getting shot round a corner by someone who wasn't there only to watch their killcam and see something completely different!

ReputationRep:
    Oh the joys of essays.

Plain old Windows Media Player, or TVersity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Erm I was thinking more like unemployed saddos with nothing better to do! :rofl:

But yeah I guess you'd get the odd pro or gap year student too! :p:

Well the thing is that wouldn't be too bad except that the host will always have an advantage over all the other players whichever way you look at it. It can't be avoided unless they make it server based so if it just told me what my ping is in relation to the host then at least people could play together without lagging. Cos I despise getting shot round a corner by someone who wasn't there only to watch their killcam and see something completely different!
    I know what you mean. That's exactly why I won't be playing online at home over christmas! I'll be trying to platinum Uncharted 2 and MW2 then.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. That's exactly why I won't be playing online at home over christmas! I'll be trying to platinum Uncharted 2 and MW2 then.

Even with server based games, like RFOM you could play with Australians but the awkward thing was you'd probably both die in a 1v1, though you'd think you had killed them only to die a second or two later but at least you could play with people halfway round the world!

I'm still working out a timetable for Christmas cos unlike the last 2 years I should have some time to play on the PS3! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I got a 25 kill streak in Invasion just now! :woo:

But I didn't have Tactical Nuke selected in my kill streak options... :sad:

Highest streak on my friends list now, apart from Bigmo of course - 43! :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    I got a 25 kill streak in Invasion just now! :woo:

But I didn't have Tactical Nuke selected in my kill streak options... :sad:

Highest streak on my friends list now, apart from Bigmo of course - 43! :gasp:
    Sounds like a challenge sir!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a challenge sir!
    It's all about the ACR silenced with Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro + Any Perk 3 (I used steady aim coz I wanted to complete the perk challenges.

Enemies don't have a clue where you are, and the ACR has a decent range even when silenced. Plus, you'll never run out of ammo.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my ps3 for repairs. When I get it back, will go to hmv, sell it off, and get a ps3 slim with mw2 and uncharted 2.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Sent my ps3 for repairs. When I get it back, will go to hmv, sell it off, and get a ps3 slim with mw2 and uncharted 2.
    What happened to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Nice. How much will the repairs cost?

(Original post by spikeymike)
    Did you manage to complete that Echo mission we were doing yesterday before I got disconnected?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Did you manage to complete that Echo mission we were doing yesterday before I got disconnected?
    Nope... When 2 juggernauts came I crumbled badly. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Nope... When 2 juggernauts came I crumbled badly. :woo:
    2? They only came out one at a time when I did it. :confused:

Kill the first one before you climb the ladder, then use 5-8 shots on each one whilst camping, and you should be ok.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.