Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    what about MAG im getting that before MW2
    Ditto I can't wait for MAG :yes:

ReputationRep:
    MAG is going to LAG like crazy. There is no way in hell sony can pull off 256 players on the same battlefield without any lag. I play COD 4 and sometimes I get lag with only 18 people.

ReputationRep:
    It is doable. It'll be hard, and there will need to be some EPIC backbone servers, but it can be done.

ReputationRep:
    MAG will be good if two things both happen.

1) they have to be able to do it with almost no lag (gonna be pretty hard)
    2) they are gonna have to regularly get matches of 256 people.

Now if you create a game how long is it gonna take to fill up to 256? Theres going to have to be a lot of player playing to make it a good experience.

ReputationRep:
    It will be good I reckon.

MAG will have a good server specific framework in order to deal with those high numbers of players. Take a good look at Call of Duty and notice that it's only coded for a maximum for 24 Players.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I have all badges in Warhawk at bandit level ^_^ and i got Master Sniper. I <3 cluster bombs, never realised how awesome they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    Yay! I have all badges in Warhawk at bandit level ^_^ and i got Master Sniper. I <3 cluster bombs, never realised how awesome they are.
    ace :yy:
    Was gonna join you but you were in rookie server hehe

ReputationRep:
    I was indeed, because i am a n00b and i just get pwned otherwise

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Zero Punctuation Review of Wii Sports Resort

Off subject but whatever... This guy's a legend - the cycling bit: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Btw for all you people waiting..

Fat Princess has been released!! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    And after playing it for about an hour its good fun, need some good team-mates for some good strategy and the rest I won't spoil the for you all!

Whats really good tho is that it has host migration!! So if a game like this can do it your left wondering why a game like Cod4 can't do it on the ps3 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    And after playing it for about an hour its good fun, need some good team-mates for some good strategy and the rest I won't spoil the for you all!

Whats really good tho is that it has host migration!! So if a game like this can do it your left wondering why a game like Cod4 can't do it on the ps3 :confused:
    what game is this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    what game is this
    Fat Princess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)

Do you know if MW2 will do so on the PS3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    I can't imagine that it will. A COD server is a pretty complicated beast, it probably takes much more to migrate the server environment on COD than Fat Princess.

Dedicated servers ftw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    They haven't released any info bout the multiplayer servers have they? I hope they come to their senses and just do dedicated! :yes:

(Original post by estel)
    I can't imagine that it will. A COD server is a pretty complicated beast, it probably takes much more to migrate the server environment on COD than Fat Princess.

Dedicated servers ftw!
    Well the patch is out there for the 360 so why would it be complicated for the PS3? IW were just lazy in that sense....

Still dedicated servers would be a lot better

ReputationRep:
    I thought the COD 4 servers were quite good in terms of giving you a very smooth and quick experience. no real need to look for a particular game etc. However their party system sucked. Resistance 2 had a great party system but having to join a new game each bloody time was awful. Warhawk has great dedicated servers, but no party system. Killzone... well that doesn't work at my place anymore. In the end, Burnout Paradise had the best system of them all

ReputationRep:
    I want burnout :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Burnout is :awesome:

I want to get the update for WipEout HD...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    Burnout is :awesome:

I want to get the update for WipEout HD...
    I decided that I haven't played enough Wipeout to warrant getting Fury yet...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.