Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :awesome: I think he meant the submarine...
    yeah I know. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have lost my cable that charges controllers (or forgot to bring it to uni). I've borrowed one for now, and I know I need a USB to Micro USB cable. But where is the cheapest place to buy them on the highstreet? Can't really get parcels delivered to this address as I live in halls.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I had a care package fall on top of a lamp post last night :rofl: how unlucky is that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Lol, I had a care package fall on top of a lamp post last night :rofl: how unlucky is that
    I had an entire emergency air drop fall on an overpass. :facepalm:

The overpass was so high up I didn't even look that far up when I was checking that the plane could deliver the packages properly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I had an entire emergency air drop fall on an overpass. :facepalm:

The overpass was so high up I didn't even look that far up when I was checking that the plane could deliver the packages properly!
    Ouch! Done that a few times with 1, but not 4 care packages! It hurts most when you have good things. I did it once with an AC130!

ReputationRep:
    I just started playing MW2 online. WOW, I didn't realise it was THAT good (never played COD4). Can/how do you neutralise those turrets that people place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    I just started playing MW2 online. WOW, I didn't realise it was THAT good (never played COD4). Can/how do you neutralise those turrets that people place?
    Glad to see you're enjoying it!

You can knife them (provided you get close enough) or simply shoot them till they explode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    A stun grenade will disable them temporarily, then you can shoot it without getting shot by it.

MW2 isn't actually too bad on Veteran

I'm halfway through the game...hardest mission imo was when you're alone in the favela in the 1st mission as task 141
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by humz2)

I'm halfway through the game...hardest mission imo was when you're alone in the favela in the 1st mission as task 141
    You've not got to the hard bit yet. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the escape with Ghost is much harder than the Favela part!

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's K/D ratio like at the moment? I'm about 1.25.. should get better as I have only just started and therefore haven't had the good sights for the guns..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    What's everyone's K/D ratio like at the moment? I'm about 1.25.. should get better as I have only just started and therefore haven't had the good sights for the guns..
    infinite^infinite / 0 :yep: :gah: :shock: :woo: :jive: :excited:

Spoiler:
    Show
    just over 1 me thinks, I've not really played multiplayer because I've been trying to get the platinum trophy! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 1.25 iirc. I used to be hovering around 1.09, but then I got a bit better!

I've now stopped playing until the end of January though.

ReputationRep:
    I just hit 1.90 this morning, won't be happy until I'm 2.00+ but that's going to take a while.

ReputationRep:
    Hi can you add me to the list (thanks again for the help with my terminally ill PS3, I traded it in and got a PS3 slim in the end, it actually looks quite good!).

PSN ID: KennyS1
    Games: COD4 (soon add COD6), FIFA 10, Madden 10, GTA IV, Assasin's Creed II, Naruto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)

Not too bad? Wait until you get the the really difficult bits! :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Gulag is one of the toughest. And the one where you need to run through the smoke just before you protect that intel in the house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)

The Gulag is one of the toughest. And the one where you need to run through the smoke just before you protect that intel in the house.
    Dunno about you guys but I found one of the hardest bits was on the Russian airport level when you're advancing outside underneath the planes. Even with the shield it's still a nuisance Makarov killed me a handful of times for advancing too slowly as well :laugh:

The boat chase also took me a few tries :hmmmm:

Still at 2.25 ratio as well, level 66 :yeah:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler much?

That would be Contingency I think.

-----------------

I'm kinda surprised why there isn't juggernauts in campaign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I'm about 1.25 iirc. I used to be hovering around 1.09, but then I got a bit better!

I've now stopped playing until the end of January though.
    How come?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.