Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ****, keep forgetting the spoiler code! :o: Will edit it.

(Original post by Jehuty^)
    Dunno about you guys but I found one of the hardest bits was on the Russian airport level when you're advancing outside underneath the planes. Even with the shield it's still a nuisance Makarov killed me a handful of times for advancing too slowly as well :laugh:

The boat chase also took me a few tries :hmmmm:

Still at 2.25 ratio as well, level 66 :yeah:
    Yeah, that was pretty tough at the airport. I just skipped it after being killed for the 60000000th time. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Yeah, that was pretty tough at the airport. I just skipped it after being killed for the 60000000th time. :yep:
    lol I did that right from the start when I was doing it on veteran, it registers as finishing it on veteran too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    What's everyone's K/D ratio like at the moment? I'm about 1.25.. should get better as I have only just started and therefore haven't had the good sights for the guns..
    3.35 :p:

I like to brag about it :woo:

SCAR-H is a really good beggining gun, ACR is also pretty good but you get that later on.

Btw I found a way you can run like 3 times faster than normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Do tell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KennyS1)
    Hi can you add me to the list (thanks again for the help with my terminally ill PS3, I traded it in and got a PS3 slim in the end, it actually looks quite good!).

PSN ID: KennyS1
    Games: COD4 (soon add COD6), FIFA 10, Madden 10, GTA IV, Assasin's Creed II, Naruto
    Updated. :yy:

Welcome to the thread for real this time!

Nice one on the PS3 Slim! I actually like my Slim version more than the 60GB I had! :yep:

(Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    How come?
    Essays to write which are due in before the holidays begin. Then I've got exams to revise for during the holidays.

I spent way too much time getting my first platinum in MW2, and also spent way too much time on the online multiplayer - got to level 61! :zomg:

So now I'm punishing myself! :p:

(Original post by bigmo7)
    3.35 :p:

I like to brag about it :woo:

SCAR-H is a really good beggining gun, ACR is also pretty good but you get that later on.

Marathon, Lightweight, and carry a pistol? :dontknow:

Which gun is better do you thing? SCAR-H or ACR? I think their both really really good guns, but can't decide which is better!

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad? Wait until you get the the really difficult bits! :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Gulag is one of the toughest. And the one where you need to run through the smoke just before you protect that intel in the house.
    I was rather dreading that bit, but in the end "charge and hope for the best" seemed to work for me! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Rather than go through the effort of actually making a new thread, I figured I'd throw this in here.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/30/rumo...-in-the-works/

Rumours still flying :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Borderlands ps3 17.99 at play.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...s/Product.html

(Original post by spikeymike)
    You've not got to the hard bit yet. :ninja:
    Not too bad? Wait until you get the the really difficult bits! :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Gulag is one of the toughest. And the one where you need to run through the smoke just before you protect that intel in the house.
    I've already played through it on regular....

The Gulag was quite easy :O

I'm just waiting for the next part Andrew mentioned in the spoiler now :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just tried Spec Ops on my own... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    By far the hardest part for me was
    Spoiler:
    Show
    crossing the lawn in front of the White House. On hardened you literally have to hug the left hand side of the map, and lay flat in the craters to recover/pick off a few people on the White House itself. Took me such a long time.

I really think there should be a level between regular and hardened (or hardened should be slightly easier). Hardened was a bit too tough for me (that's what I played it on the first time around) and regular is too easy.

ReputationRep:
    Ph5lip - add if any1 wants 2 play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil5p)
    Ph5lip - add if any1 wants 2 play
    Come and join the PS3 society.

(or wait for this to be merged with our thread )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    By far the hardest part for me was
    Spoiler:
    Show
    crossing the lawn in front of the White House. On hardened you literally have to hug the left hand side of the map, and lay flat in the craters to recover/pick off a few people on the White House itself. Took me such a long time.

I really think there should be a level between regular and hardened (or hardened should be slightly easier). Hardened was a bit too tough for me (that's what I played it on the first time around) and regular is too easy.
    Agreed, that's another nasty place. Just wait until you try it on Veteran - I'm convinced that it's just a matter of luck whether you make it across or (more often) not.

ReputationRep:
    Btw people, here are some nifty camping spots in a few of the maps:

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Do tell!
    To run twice as fast as normal, you need to have Care Package as a killstreak, and the perks Marathon, Lightweight and whatever (recommend Ninja).

Get a four killstreak, get the Care Package Marker out and run like hell, you can knife while doing this and get some good ratios relying on this only!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If anyone wants to help me with Spec Ops, let me know!

I want my first platinum :puppyeyes: 15 stars to go.

ReputationRep:
    Batman, good game. I reckon I'm past the half way point. May have discovered a new genre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Marathon, Lightweight, and carry a pistol? :dontknow:

Which gun is better do you thing? SCAR-H or ACR? I think their both really really good guns, but can't decide which is better!
    Get 4 kills, get a care package grenade and hold it in your hand, if you've got lightweight and marathon on you will literally dart around the map so quickly its ridiculous!

I've got One Man Army on so I keep changing between the two in game cos my SCAR-H has a heartbeat sensor and my ACR is silenced, although I used the SCAR-H pretty much all the way through ranking up to level 70 before I prestiged cos I never got into using the ACR...

I found the FAL is pretty good too if you can be bothered to keep tapping it (which I can't :p:).

ReputationRep:
    I hate campers. They need to be shot.. Pun intended.

Need help on Veteren:

Can't get past the part i mentioned further up:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Trying to protect the Intel in that russian douche's house

:cry:

Where's the best place to take the mofo's out? I have tried everywhere more or less, even up the stairs, and i just get rogered.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.