Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I hate campers. They need to be shot.. Pun intended.

Need help on Veteren:

Can't get past the part i mentioned further up:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Trying to protect the Intel in that russian douche's house

:cry:

Where's the best place to take the mofo's out? I have tried everywhere more or less, even up the stairs, and i just get rogered.
    Claymore's everywhere especially the entrance... i go into the room on the right if you're coming in from the entrance that basically faces the computers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Btw people, here are some nifty camping spots in a few of the maps:
    Enjoy!
    Oh man! Some of them are so cool! Especially on Highrise...

Good post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Claymore's everywhere especially the entrance... i go into the room on the right if you're coming in from the entrance that basically faces the computers.
    Tried with claymores, they just shoot them before they come in!

Is that room the one with the broken windows?

I haven't tried that one yet, will give it a go
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tried with claymores, they just shoot them before they come in!

Is that room the one with the broken windows?

I haven't tried that one yet, will give it a go
    Yeah.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ******* Juggernauts! 30m away from target and I get killed. :facepalm2: (Snatch & Grab) :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    ******* Juggernauts! 30m away from target and I get killed. :facepalm2: (Snatch & Grab) :facepalm2:
    Oooh unlucky. Trying to complete Snatch & Grab on veteran by yourself must nearly be impossible!

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Get 4 kills, get a care package grenade and hold it in your hand, if you've got lightweight and marathon on you will literally dart around the map so quickly its ridiculous!

I've got One Man Army on so I keep changing between the two in game cos my SCAR-H has a heartbeat sensor and my ACR is silenced, although I used the SCAR-H pretty much all the way through ranking up to level 70 before I prestiged cos I never got into using the ACR...

I found the FAL is pretty good too if you can be bothered to keep tapping it (which I can't :p:).
    Yeah some guy just posted that as well. Seems like a pretty major bug there! Surely a patch will be released very soon that stops people from doing that!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oooh unlucky. Trying to complete Snatch & Grab on veteran by yourself must nearly be impossible!

Yeah some guy just posted that as well. Seems like a pretty major bug there! Surely a patch will be released very soon that stops people from doing that!
    I went and did it with a friend right... We killed one at the start, but then when we camped after getting the intel, I killed one juggernaut that came form behind, and then unexpctedly another came. :facepalm2:

Still haven't done it, got 3 stars today though :awesome: 12 to go! :woo:

Edit:
    Geoff, I kinda just ran it once I cleared the path to the end target. I knew I could outrun the Juggernaut from behind, but then there was one infront. :facepalm2: Doable on single player but need to get lucky i.e take out a juggernaut at the very start.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm not fussed about that as much as I am about the hosting system. The host advantage on Mw2 compared to Mw is just crazy...but that doesn't bother me as much as it doesn't pick the best host in a game. i.e it might pick me over a mate of mine who has 50mb Virgin Broadband. Why?!?!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Would you be up for some spec ops later?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm becoming slightly desperate now, started asking other forums for help. All noobs so far.

ReputationRep:
    I'm becoming slightly desperate now, started asking other forums for help. All noobs so far.
    Bigmo's your man! :yep:

I was going to post up some videos of me completing some of the spec op missions on veteran on single player, but I don't have the time! Late January perhaps!

Which ones have you got left? Maybe I can give you some pointers if I managed to complete them by myself.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bigmo's your man! :yep:

I was going to post up some videos of me completing some of the spec op missions on veteran on single player, but I don't have the time! Late January perhaps!

Which ones have you got left? Maybe I can give you some pointers if I managed to complete them by myself.
    I wish Bigmo would play, not gonna force him but yeah... :getmecoat:

Wetworks
    Snatch & Grab
    High Explosives
    And another which is like 11mins est completion time, waves of enemies at Burger Town?

ReputationRep:

Wetworks
    Snatch & Grab
    High Explosives
    And another which is like 11mins est completion time, waves of enemies at Burger Town?
    You really do need a headset if you want to complete it though - it's impossible to do High Explosive without two-way communication for example.

Wetwork is a piece of cake on your own. Just do a normal breach, getting as many head shots as you can at the slow-mo part. Then hide behind one of the walls on the left and right, and kill any hostiles near you. Then, kill the people who are shooting at you from the higher level.

Once you can't see any more hostiles, go to the end of this little "room" to draw out the next wave. Run back to the starting position behind one of the walls and do the same thing, kill the people on the higher level, and anyone else you can see.

The final wave is where guys with riot shields come at you. You draw them out the same way as you did for the second wave. Only this time, instead of running back to the start, just leg it to the hole in the ground at the end of the map. Guys with riot shields can't really shoot well, nor can they move quickly. You may have to deal with a few normal hostiles before you make a run for it, so kill them first, then run!

I did the waves of enemies at Burger Town by myself too, but it was just long (it's the one where it took me 67 minutes!). Trawl through my earlier posts if you want a more detailed explanation. But basically you'll want to run to the Taco Bell pretty much as soon as you spawn. Pick up a thermal sniper before you go, and also pick up a turret and run with it to your destination. You have to crouch to get into the Taco Bell so enemies can't follow you inside the building. Put the turret inside with you if it fits. If not, chuck it somewhere outside.

Now you just pick off all the enemies. Down the choppers with a light machine gun. Don't waste RPG rockets and the like on them. Save the rockets for the BTR-3s. Stay out of the open as the predator missiles will kill you. Try to take out the choppers first, then hostiles, then the BTR-3s.

If you have to venture to other buildings for more ammo, time your run so you do it right after a predator missile strike (3 missiles). To do this, run out into the open, and run back in. The missiles will rain down, but you'll be safe. Right after the third missile comes down, run for it!

I didn't complete Snatch and Grab by myself, but it could be possible. Pop the Juggernaut at the start with your Intervention, then make your way through to the intel as usual.

But once you get to the intel, don't take it straight away. Instead, go to the vantage point inside the plane and use your sniper rifle to take out as many enemies as possible. (This is the area you move onto if you did take the intel and were escaping)

But since you didn't take the intel, there will be a slight delay between when the juggernauts will come at you. There will still be two that come from behind as you snipe, so take them out with your Intervention from close range.

Now that you've cleared everyone in sight, grab the intel, and make your way down. There will still be a few stragglers, and one or two juggernauts too. Kill them if they are close to you and if you are still far away from the green smoke. If you are near the smoke and are getting shot at, just run!

:yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cheers for that Geoff.

I'll get a headset for my birthday then... which is in 3 days. :awesome: Recomendations?

Interesting about that Snatch and Grab one... even if did clear the bit after the vantage point, I'd still come across more people to shoot at. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for that Geoff.

I'll get a headset for my birthday then... which is in 3 days. :awesome: Recomendations?

Interesting about that Snatch and Grab one... even if did clear the bit after the vantage point, I'd still come across more people to shoot at. :facepalm2:
    No problem.

Great timing in terms of your bday! :ahee:

Don't really have any recommendations, as you said the quality of sound from my headset was quite poor! :p:

Bigmo posted a recommendation somewhere a few days ago, but I can't remember where he posted it now...

Yeah you will encounter more people when you jump down, but there will be far fewer as you killed a lot beforehand.

Gives you a better chance of legging it too.

ReputationRep:
    I hate campers. They need to be shot.. Pun intended.

Need help on Veteren:

Can't get past the part i mentioned further up:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Trying to protect the Intel in that russian douche's house

:cry:

Where's the best place to take the mofo's out? I have tried everywhere more or less, even up the stairs, and i just get rogered.
    I found the bet place to be in the main room, behind the computer and just in front of the windows on the right hand side of the room as you enter. From there you should be able to take out anyone coming in from the entrance in the room to the left, as well as those entering through the main door.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah you will encounter more people when you jump down, but there will be far fewer as you killed a lot beforehand.

Gives you a better chance of legging it too.
    Jump down from the camping bit... but there's flipping juggernaut coming towards you as go down.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be up for some spec ops later?
    Are you free on Wednesday cos I've got like on lecture, my driving lesson and that's it!

And about the headset, having had like 4 headsets myself the only brand I can reccommend is Jabra, I've got the Jabra135 (two of them!) and the Jabra150 and the 135 sits quite well on your ears....
    But yeah like Geoff said it helps so much if you have a mic

ReputationRep:

Wetworks
    Snatch & Grab
    High Explosives
    Apart from Wetworks (which due to taking my and someone else an hour and a half to complete ) I'll do all the rest of them with you if you want, I don't mind them too much...:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Are you free on Wednesday cos I've got like on lecture, my driving lesson and that's it!

And about the headset, having had like 4 headsets myself the only brand I can reccommend is Jabra, I've got the Jabra135 (two of them!) and the Jabra150 and the 135 sits quite well on your ears....
    But yeah like Geoff said it helps so much if you have a mic
    I'm free all week to be honest, just study week, for exams next week. :woo: What time are we talking roughly so I can do some studying before we play? And I'll look into the headset business, I'll a wee shop about for the ones you just mentioned.

Apart from Wetworks (which due to taking my and someone else an hour and a half to complete ) I'll do all the rest of them with you if you want, I don't mind them too much...:p:
    Geoff, said Wetworks is a piece of cake! :lolwut: And thank you! :jumphug:

Edit:
    About the headset, my dad has a bluetooth headset for his phone... would that work on the PS3?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.