Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my 40GB for a 120 or 250 Slim, does anyone know of any good deals, so far I've found these:

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pro...inks-_-generic

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/HARDWARE/P...20Creed 2.html

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/HARDWARE/P...m%20120GB.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my 40GB for a 120 or 250 Slim, does anyone know of any good deals, so far I've found these:

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pro...inks-_-generic

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/HARDWARE/P...20Creed 2.html

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/HARDWARE/P...m%20120GB.html
    I would go for that Comet deal - it's amazing! Mine was the same price but with just two games! :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    lol Burnout Platinum was by far one the easiest ones. And I did it without using any guides....its much easier to go around getting billiboards while racing and getting gates.:yes:
    Yeah but, I'm only using the guides to get me through it quicker because I've already completed it before! And the trophy patch came along when I was fairly far on in the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    And my PSP arrived this morning!

Game suggestions people
    Give the Patapon demo a try, and definitely pick up FFVII.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I would go for that Comet deal - it's amazing! Mine was the same price but with just two games! :eek:
    Plus Quidco @ 3% ;-).

ReputationRep:
    Stupid trophy syncing errors I'm still in the process of updating every one of my 31 PS3 disc-based games (up to Singstar ABBA at the moment), and then I have to do all the downloaded PSN games.
    The joy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    Stupid trophy syncing errors I'm still in the process of updating every one of my 31 PS3 disc-based games (up to Singstar ABBA at the moment), and then I have to do all the downloaded PSN games.
    The joy.
    Oh I used to have this error... recently it has been very good for me. My solution: just sync at low traffic times i.e past midnight or early morning i.e 6am :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Oh I used to have this error... recently it has been very good for me. My solution: just sync at low traffic times i.e past midnight or early morning i.e 6am :yes:
    You've changed the colour of your usename?! Since when?!
    Ahh good idea - might try that!

ReputationRep:
    You should have seen him (or rather not seen him) a couple of days ago! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Beginning of the week?, it was camoflauged. :ninja:

@Illusionary - :rofl: :rofl2: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I only bother to update my games if I'm actually going to play them. It's too tedious otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Beginning of the week?, it was camoflauged. :ninja:

@Illusionary - :rofl: :rofl2: :toofunny:
    Ok Somehow I didn't notice it :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    I only bother to update my games if I'm actually going to play them. It's too tedious otherwise.
    Good point. However, I'm one of these control freaks who likes everything up to date.
    And I'm also one of these people that will pick up a random game and play, so if I update now, hopefully I don't have to in future (for the old games anyway)!
    Found updates for CoD4, CoD5, GTA4 and LBP!

ReputationRep:
    Good point. However, I'm one of these control freaks who likes everything up to date.
    And I'm also one of these people that will pick up a random game and play, so if I update now, hopefully I don't have to in future (for the old games anyway)!
    Found updates for CoD4, CoD5, GTA4 and LBP!
    Yep I used to be a person who kept all his games up-to-date as well, but then my PS3 broke, and I had to get a new one. There was no way I was sitting through 30 disc changes and updates in a row!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I used to be a person who kept all his games up-to-date as well, but then my PS3 broke, and I had to get a new one. There was no way I was sitting through 30 disc changes and updates in a row!
    How is your new PS3 doing?

Aye, fair enough then. I see your point!

ReputationRep:
    How is your new PS3 doing?

Aye, fair enough then. I see your point!
    Very well. It's soooo much more quieter than the fat PS3 and I've had no problems so far!

In other news, this is how hacking is going to work in Bioshock 2:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio.../video/6242024

Seems pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    Very well. It's soooo much more quieter than the fat PS3 and I've had no problems so far!

In other news, this is how hacking is going to work in Bioshock 2:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio.../video/6242024

Seems pretty cool.

The worst update for me has been Eye of Judgement - it downloaded 2599 files and took a whole hour! I thought installing it was bad enough!

That video does indeed seem pretty cool! Watching it as I type!

ReputationRep:

The worst update for me has been Eye of Judgement - it downloaded 2599 files and took a whole hour! I thought installing it was bad enough!

That video does indeed seem pretty cool! Watching it as I type!
    You've got Eye of Judgement in your collection?! :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    You've got Eye of Judgement in your collection?! :eyeball:
    Yep. Got it last year pre-owned with the Playstation Eye for £13 in Blockbuster. At the time, I was looking at the PS Eye anyway so to get it for £13 and a game was a bargain.

To be honest, EoJ isn't that bad. It's like chess, but with pretty colours!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yep. Got it last year pre-owned with the Playstation Eye for £13 in Blockbuster. At the time, I was looking at the PS Eye anyway so to get it for £13 and a game was a bargain.

To be honest, EoJ isn't that bad. It's like chess, but with pretty colours!
    EoJ is like chess? I was expecting to be like something else tbh! :rofl: Doesn't sound like a chess game... :erm:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.