Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    EoJ is like chess? I was expecting to be like something else tbh! :rofl: Doesn't sound like a chess game... :erm:
    It's the game with cards and a playing mat, and has to be played with a PS Eye.

ReputationRep:
    EoJ is like chess? I was expecting to be like something else tbh! :rofl: Doesn't sound like a chess game... :erm:
    Meh. It's strategic. Hence to me it shouts "chess"!

ReputationRep:
    ******* Brutal Legend :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Bayonetta demo is on the PS store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    ******* Brutal Legend :rant:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Why?
    The levels which are Command & Conquer style where you make your rock army and lead them into battle are tedious and near impossible.

...Well, for a rubbish gamer like me they are :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Bayonetta demo is on the PS store.
    I'm sure that there's some deep strategy to the fighting once you get really good at the game, but it just seems like a button-masher to me at the moment - a very well done one, yes, but still not really my sort of thing... :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    FFS, never realised you could get platinum on Burnout with actually completing the races. Just skipping the main island and doing the extended island whatever that is called.

Problem is: I need to buy the Cops and Robbers DLC for £7.99 if I want to get platinum.

Edit:
    Geoff, did you say you have a PS3 Slim? If so, how did you go about transferring game saves and DLC? If not, how would you go about doing it?

ReputationRep:
    Edit:
    Geoff, did you say you have a PS3 Slim? If so, how did you go about transferring game saves and DLC? If not, how would you go about doing it?
    I think that the best way is to use the Backup/Restore utility with an external HDD or USB drive - or failing that, just manually transfer the saves (Game->Saved Data Utility->Press Triangle->Copy).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I think that the best way is to use the Backup/Restore utility with an external HDD or USB drive - or failing that, just manually transfer the saves (Game->Saved Data Utility->Press Triangle->Copy).
    Is the DLC stuff downloadable again to like re-install on the new system?

And how much would a 40GB sell for? :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that there's some deep strategy to the fighting once you get really good at the game, but it just seems like a button-masher to me at the moment - a very well done one, yes, but still not really my sort of thing... :dontknow:
    Yep that's what I thought, but Famitsu gave it 40/40! And for reference, the magazine gave GTA IV and MW2 39/40! So something must be good about it!

Edit:
    I do indeed have a PS3 Slim. And I pretty much did what Illusionary mentioned above.

Firstly, I manually transferred all my game saves to a flash drive as a precautionary measure in case the backup utility on the PS3 didn't work. This took ages, as you have to copy the files INDIVIDUALLY. That's right. It's ridiculous! Also, my Killzone 2 game saves did not copy because they don't allow the saves to be transferred for some reason. It was the same for my mate who tried to copy the data. So I've actually lost all my K2 data now.

Secondly, I used the backup utility and backed up the data onto an external HDD. So once I got my Slim, I used the restore utility, but it asked me to update the firmware. The only way you can do this is by downloading the update on a PC and transferring it via flash drive (since you can't access the internet from the Slim at that time).

Once the firmware was updated, the restore utility took place. Everything went perfectly, apart from the K2 saves which obviously didn't copy, and also my PS1 memory card saves.

Luckily, I copied my precious FFVII save file onto my flash drive, so I didn't lose my PS1 data! :proud:

Pretty sure the backup/restore utility backs up the data from game patches, but I haven't really checked.

You lose all your downloaded PSN games though, but I wrote down everything I downloaded in terms of games anyway, so I just redownloaded them when I hooked the Slim up to the PSN. Not too much of a hassle. Fortunately there's also a history option in the PS Store, so you can download everything easily anyway, and it's free of charge of course.

ReputationRep:
    Yep that's what I thought, but Famitsu gave it 40/40! And for reference, the magazine gave GTA IV and MW2 39/40! So something must be good about it!
    I heard that as well, but the demo just doesn't seem that amazing to me (have you tried it yet?). I can't see this being one that I pick up... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    There's also a download history somewhere on the PSN store, which I assume uses data from their end so you can just go through the list and re-download whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that as well, but the demo just doesn't seem that amazing to me (have you tried it yet?). I can't see this being one that I pick up... :dontknow:
    Nah I'll try it next month. I was quite sceptical about the whole concept too. We'll see I guess.

(Original post by xeonman9000)
    There's also a download history somewhere on the PSN store, which I assume uses data from their end so you can just go through the list and re-download whatever you want.
    Yep there is. That's exactly what I did. :cute:

ReputationRep:
    New MAG trailer:

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/...s-into-battle/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh ok I see. Well for a start I don't have an external hard drive at the minute. I took my Seagate apart and used it as an internal instead because the port/socket was playing up. :facepalm2:

Think I'll just keep it... I think I'm needing to give my PS3 a wee clean inside...

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok I see. Well for a start I don't have an external hard drive at the minute. I took my Seagate apart and used it as an internal instead because the port/socket was playing up. :facepalm2:

Think I'll just keep it... I think I'm needing to give my PS3 a wee clean inside...
    Compressed air is your friend. :yep:

You should have seen the amount of dust in my 60GB PS3 when I took it apart to fix it! :zomg:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Compressed air is your friend. :yep:

You should have seen the amount of dust in my 60GB PS3 when I took it apart to fix it! :zomg:
    Hoover is my friend. :sexface: T'is what I use do clean my PC out. :p:

IIRC, my PS3 is 2 years old (?), I bought it off eBay. :woo: I'd imagine it would be quite dusty. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Hoover is my friend. :sexface: T'is what I use do clean my PC out. :p:

IIRC, my PS3 is 2 years old (?), I bought it off eBay. :woo: I'd imagine it would be quite dusty. :erm:
    :eek:

Is that good for your PC?! How about the static electricity and stuff like that?

Iirc, the 40GB models have a function where you can activate the fans so they work at like 200% and blow out all the dust or something.

Hold down the eject button for a few seconds maybe? I can't remember the exact details.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, compressed air in the nads. Take your PS3 to a garage (or break in at night) and help yourself to their air. :yep:

Or a henry hoover set to low suction. Bob's your uncle.

I can't believe how much i suck ass at MW2 online! I used to be pretty good on COD4, but this one i just suck! 253 kills and 442(ish) deaths.. :o: Rubbish. In my defence i usually play Capture the Flag & rack up the points with low(ish) kills. Same with a few other modes.

Accuracy is 11.27%... :lol: But i did manager to rank up 8 times tonight, in the space of 2-3 hours.. Not bad at all!

HQ Pro is the nads!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.