Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Yeah, compressed air in the nads. Take your PS3 to a garage (or break in at night) and help yourself to their air. :yep:

Or a henry hoover set to low suction. Bob's your uncle.

I can't believe how much i suck ass at MW2 online! I used to be pretty good on COD4, but this one i just suck! 253 kills and 442(ish) deaths.. :o: Rubbish. In my defence i usually play Capture the Flag & rack up the points with low(ish) kills. Same with a few other modes.

Accuracy is 11.27%... :lol: But i did manager to rank up 8 times tonight, in the space of 2-3 hours.. Not bad at all!

HQ Pro is the nads!
    You need to get yourself onto some domination. Far fewer campers unlike the people who just crouch in a building by their flag the whole match in a CTF game.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    :eek:

Is that good for your PC?! How about the static electricity and stuff like that?

Iirc, the 40GB models have a function where you can activate the fans so they work at like 200% and blow out all the dust or something.

Hold down the eject button for a few seconds maybe? I can't remember the exact details.
    I've never had a problem with static... even when I was building a PC, I've never come across any problems. :dontknow:

Yeah the 40GB model does have that function but according to this French article I read not long ago, it said it can damage the hardware? Apparantly, Sony have confirmed that? :dontknow: I can't see how it could but tbh I'd avoid it and DIM :erm: (Do It Myself :grin:)

ReputationRep:
    You need to get yourself onto some domination. Far fewer campers unlike the people who just crouch in a building by their flag the whole match in a CTF game.
    I've played that mode to death, i think. If only that mode came with the option to only play with knifes or melee. That would be fun!

Infact, are there any modes that allow only knifes & pistols? Im one of those up close and in your face players, and would do well with just a knife or pistol.

That map with the big house (can't remember what it's called) is the worst for campers! Climbing all over the roofs and stuff. Fools.

ReputationRep:
    I've played that mode to death, i think. If only that mode came with the option to only play with knifes or melee. That would be fun!

Infact, are there any modes that allow only knifes & pistols? Im one of those up close and in your face players, and would do well with just a knife or pistol.

That map with the big house (can't remember what it's called) is the worst for campers! Climbing all over the roofs and stuff. Fools.
    Estate. :sigh:

No there aren't any modes like you mentioned.

Would have been so fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I've never had a problem with static... even when I was building a PC, I've never come across any problems. :dontknow:

Yeah the 40GB model does have that function but according to this French article I read not long ago, it said it can damage the hardware? Apparantly, Sony have confirmed that? :dontknow: I can't see how it could but tbh I'd avoid it and DIM :erm: (Do It Myself :grin:)
    Sony don't advise doing it. Also it messes up the warranty (apparently). I'd only do it as a last resort or if your hoover has blown up. :yes:

Not sure how sony would know you've done it?

ReputationRep:
    Estate. :sigh:

No there aren't any modes like you mentioned.

Would have been so fun!
    Well that sucks.

Certainly would make some fun viewing! :lol:

I wonder if IW will provide this great mode at DLC.. I doubt it, but we can hope.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Is that good for your PC?! How about the static electricity and stuff like that?

Iirc, the 40GB models have a function where you can activate the fans so they work at like 200% and blow out all the dust or something.

Hold down the eject button for a few seconds maybe? I can't remember the exact details.
    You switch it off at the back, hold down eject and switch it on at the back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Cool. :yy:

Seems like you're not meant to use it anyway. Why would Sony create this function and discourage people from using it? :facepalm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Think it works when it's on too... I once done it by accident and thought WTF IS GOING ON! :woo: :eek3: I got scared then panicked, so I switched it off at the mains. :indiff: Think I mentioned in here once upon a time. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Think it works when it's on too... I once done it by accident and thought WTF IS GOING ON! :woo: :eek3: I got scared then panicked, so I switched it off at the mains. :indiff: Think I mentioned in here once upon a time. :rofl:
    Oh it was you who first mentioned it! That's how I knew about the fan thing! :laugh:

Just told you stuff you already knew then!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but, I'm only using the guides to get me through it quicker because I've already completed it before! And the trophy patch came along when I was fairly far on in the game.
    Same here, but I still didn't use the guides :p:

Oh I used to have this error... recently it has been very good for me. My solution: just sync at low traffic times i.e past midnight or early morning i.e 6am :yes:
    I find that getting a couple of trophies then syncing helps it along...

ReputationRep:
    Cool. :yy:

Seems like you're not meant to use it anyway. Why would Sony create this function and discourage people from using it? :facepalm:
    It's one way of getting the disc out of the PS3 when you've got the YLOD. But it only works on the 40gb models.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Not sure if it's best practice to do so (and I can modify the post if you feel there's a better way of posting this news), but following is a link for a copy of the Official Bradygames guide for CoD: MW2. I quite like these guides because they're a nice addition to the game, but can never bring myself to fork out £10-15 for them!

NOTE: This is a Rapidshare link to a 187 MB PDF. I have an FTP link if you prefer.

Official Bradygames Guide - CoD: MW2
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    To be honest, all I've ever used are IGN guides.

ReputationRep:
    My plan for today:

Come home from uni

Dump stuff

Eat some delicious 'we've missed you' sausage sandwiches from my doting mother

Download FFVII and MGS from PSN store and demos for PSP

Play Uncharted 2 until the early hours.

Simples.

Thanks for all the PSP suggestions, I take it with PS1 games you can just download them onto PS3 and transfer them? Do you know how big the files are?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    **** me. :facepalm2: This guy has recorded every smash in Big Surf Island and posted it on Youtube... Too much time on his hands. :indiff:

Edit:
    PS3 Slim 250GB with 3 games, £[email protected] HMV Heathrow :teehee:

Edit2:
    Sony Playstation 3 250Gb PS3 Slim with Ratchet & Clank: CiT, LBP & Fifa 10, £284.99 at Game! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    My plan for today:

Come home from uni

Dump stuff

Eat some delicious 'we've missed you' sausage sandwiches from my doting mother

Download FFVII and MGS from PSN store and demos for PSP

Play Uncharted 2 until the early hours.

Simples.

Thanks for all the PSP suggestions, I take it with PS1 games you can just download them onto PS3 and transfer them? Do you know how big the files are?
    You've got a fun day lined up then!

FFVII was about 1GB iirc. No idea how big MGS is.

ReputationRep:
    **** me. :facepalm2: This guy has recorded every smash in Big Surf Island and posted it on Youtube... Too much time on his hands. :indiff:

Edit:
    PS3 Slim 250GB with 3 games, £[email protected] HMV Heathrow :teehee:

Edit2:
    Sony Playstation 3 250Gb PS3 Slim with Ratchet & Clank: CiT, LBP & Fifa 10, £284.99 at Game! :shock:
    Too much time on his hands, yes. Thank god there are people like him in the world though! :lol:

I just need one more smash on the island and i can't find it. :mad:

A PS3 for cheap at Heathrow.. Nice!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Too much time on his hands, yes. Thank god there are people like him in the world though! :lol:

I just need one more smash on the island and i can't find it. :mad:

A PS3 for cheap at Heathrow.. Nice!
    That is true! :rofl:

I got my sackboy keychain today.

ReputationRep:
    That is true! :rofl:

I got my sackboy keychain today.
    Wow that was quick! Is it everything you ever dreamt of? :mmm:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.