Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Why don't you? :p:
    This:

(Original post by spikeymike)
    Geoff has coursework to do, banned himself from playing the PS3 until the end of January I think. :lolwut:
    :sigh:

I think it does help, but it just means I have more things to play once I unban myself! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I don't there is any way to get someone with one hit using the riot shield only (maybe on hardcore but I've never tried). The riot shield is pretty damn awesome! Especially on Terminal if you get someone stuck on the plane! Ahhh the fun you can have with that! :p:
    I was experimenting with the riot shield today, was pretty unsuccessfull on domination mode. Ive seen others use it to great effect, any tips? Also what secondary weapon should I use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    I was experimenting with the riot shield today, was pretty unsuccessfull on domination mode. Ive seen others use it to great effect, any tips? Also what secondary weapon should I use?
    AA12 shotgun?

I've seen some great videos of how people use the riot shield and throwing knife to great effect. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :teehee: (skip to the end of the article to see scores)

Rogue Warrior, IGN Review

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    This:

:sigh:

I think it does help, but it just means I have more things to play once I unban myself! :p:
    Do you want me to take pics of me playing Fifa? Do you think that will make you feel better?

(Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    I've found it useful it most game modes, it just requires a bit of patience, try not to use the AA-12 cos the range on that is a bit **** ^^
    I use Akimbo Rangers cos they are the shizzle! Honestly they are good fun!!
    Use the throwing knife as your equipment and the trick is to wait till they stop shooting and then try to get em! :yep:

Also try not to get yourself stuck inbetween people....if you can always go for the one guy on his own!

ReputationRep:

If you have the scavenger perk, do you pick up a throwing knife when you run over an ammo pack (if you've lost your throwing knife)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    If you have the scavenger perk, do you pick up a throwing knife when you run over an ammo pack (if you've lost your throwing knife)?
    works with claymores so i'd guess it does with throwing knives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    works with claymores so i'd guess it does with throwing knives
    Yeah it works...also works with grenades, semtex etc....

The gun the guy uses in the second video is rubbish if you don't have akimbo on cos the recoil is just immense!

ReputationRep:
    My trophies synced! At 08:50am, too!
    Thanks everyone
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    Thanks everyone
    :five:

I've banned myself from playing until 20th January cos of upcoming exams :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by humz2)
    I've banned myself from playing until 20th January cos of upcoming exams :eek:
    I still play on my PS3 when I have exams... on Monday and Wednesday! :eek2:

75% Study + 25% PS3 = Great success! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I have an exam on Tuesday and I am going to spend today playing MW2 I need rehab

(Original post by spikeymike)
    I still play on my PS3 when I have exams... on Monday and Wednesday! :eek2:

75% Study + 25% PS3 = Great success! :borat:
    :rofl:

I played in between my GCSE exams and still got spliffing results.....But I kind of know it ain't gonna work here :P

I better go and start studying now

Bye :wavey:

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    I have an exam on Tuesday and I am going to spend today playing MW2 I need rehab
    :eek:

Naughty you...

I've still gotta platinum mw2, resi 5, tekken 6, nfs shift, littlebigplanet and sum other games...and i want ratchet and clank, dragon ages and assassins creed 2....by the time my exams r over, darksiders will b out among another 3-4 games :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Thanks everyone
    :woo:

Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    I was in the exact predicament when I found an ingenious solution.
    I've disconnected the power cable for my ps3 and put it in another room. I figured I'd be too lazy to go and fetch it to play the game...

ReputationRep:
    Finished Batman, great game! Wish I'd known beating the game on hard would get me all the difficulty trophies as I beat it on normal. Having problems with the challenges now. Tried for ages to get gold on the Sewer Bat combat challenge but the best I can do is around 13000 and even that took a lot of luck. I keep breaking my combo chain, especially when I do a ground punch.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Just got my second platinum! :woo:

:king1: Uncharted 2 gets rather nasty on Crushing, but I'm rather thankful for the tips that I found for Andrew for the last boss a few weeks ago now!

:party:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :woo: Just got my second platinum! :woo:

:king1: Uncharted gets rather nasty on Crushing, but I'm rather thankful for the tips that I found for Andrew for the last boss a few weeks ago now!

:party:
    Congrats. :congrats:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.