Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Very good analysis of the new MW2 trailer.

ReputationRep:
    omgomgomg WipEout Fury is awesome. Completely awesome. So worth the money, the new game modes and levels are sweeeet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    omgomgomg WipEout Fury is awesome. Completely awesome. So worth the money, the new game modes and levels are sweeeet.
    :ditto:
    I bought it and haven't played it yet!
    Even the way the menus have changed makes it worth it!
    Or maybe I've taken it too far :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    :ditto:
    I bought it and haven't played it yet!
    Even the way the menus have changed makes it worth it!
    Or maybe I've taken it too far :rolleyes:
    actually no i'd agree :o:

ReputationRep:
    Rank no.2 in VT09. Winning one more tournament will allow me to reach the top after 10 seasons of the same boring thing over and over! :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    actually no i'd agree :o:
    :yikes: :eek: :zomg:
    :cool: :yes: :top:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    Rank no.2 in VT09. Winning one more tournament will allow me to reach the top after 10 seasons of the same boring thing over and over! :rant:
    I didn't bother with VT09 to be honest. I bought Top Spin 3 a while back for £8 something from Asda online. Although I'm impressed by the fluidity of the game it lacks something... something called fun. In the campaign mode, anyway. It just gets so boring sometimes. Playing match after match to get the same xp, when it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get better as the bloody xp gets exponentially bigger after every 10 things!

Please please PLEASE don't tell me VT09 is like this. What is the season/campaign mode like?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't bother with VT09 to be honest. I bought Top Spin 3 a while back for £8 something from Asda online. Although I'm impressed by the fluidity of the game it lacks something... something called fun. In the campaign mode, anyway. It just gets so boring sometimes. Playing match after match to get the same xp, when it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get better as the bloody xp gets exponentially bigger after every 10 things!

Please please PLEASE don't tell me VT09 is like this. What is the season/campaign mode like?
    It is. :o:

EDIT: On an unrelated note, COD 4 is getting ridiculous now. It's fairly amusing if one guy hacks per, say 20 matches. But today i joined 3 different lobbies and there was at least 4 hackers in each game. It's quite funny how some of them go through the trouble of it just to end with about 2 kills 4 deaths

ReputationRep:

World Tour mode in VT09 is very long-drawn-out. A few matches are good when it's actually a challenge to win, or if you're just about to win a tournament that actually wins something.

But most of the time, the matches are very easy to win. I'm in my tenth season as I've said, and I've not lost a single match, and I've only ever had my serve broken twice...

What makes the game even slower is that they start you off on the Challenger tour, ranked at 100. Once you finally reach rank 1 in the Challengers (which took me about four seasons iirc), you only then get promoted to the Professional level. Oh, and you start out at rank 150 in the Professional level! The ranking system is poor as well - the majority of tournaments you win will only move you up two or three places in the ranking. That's why it's taken me so long to get where I am.

So now I've finally made it to near the summit of the rankings, with the gameplay not really changing, and the difficulty level not getting much higher either...

What's worse is that the trophy support seems broken. For example you are meant to get a silver trophy for purchasing all 25 court passes in World Tour mode, which I've done, but I have received nothing for it.

All in all, it's worth a rental, but if you're going to buy it cheaply, it'll probably only be fun if you went online and played against real people. Something I've yet to do incidentally, so I'll definitely be checking that out once I become World no. 1.

Exhibition matches are decent too, when you can play as whoever you like, against anyone you like. But yes, World Tour mode is shockingly bad.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear about eidos being douchebags and putting an embargo on reviewing sites/journals on batman arkham asylum UNLESS they give the game a 90+ rating? That's just stupid imo

ReputationRep:
    well that's fail. I mean, that doesn't work, ever.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid VT09.

Reached rank no. 1, and the game didn't register it and failed to give me the gold trophy I should have obtained! :banghead:

Incompetent devs a Sega... :rant: :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Stupid VT09.

Reached rank no. 1, and the game didn't register it and failed to give me the gold trophy I should have obtained! :banghead:

Least you reached number one. Who cares about the trophy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Least you reached number one. Who cares about the trophy :rolleyes:
    It would have been nice to have something to show for it that's all.

It's like grinding for hours in an RPG for absolutely no reward at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    its all about having fun in the end

ReputationRep:
    It would have been more fun if there were more rewards for all the hard grafting!

ReputationRep:
    Stupid VT09.

Lmao do you remember the days of ps3 pre-trophies where games were played for fun? :p: I miss those days.

ReputationRep:
    Gaming aint about having fun, son. Gaming's about showing how HARDCORE you are and getting a trophy/achievement/pointless facebook post about how HARDCORE you are! The first time I met one of my uni friends, the conversation went like this:

me: hey do you play any video games?
    him: sure I do, what consoles you got?
    me: oh I'm mainly playing on my ps3 nowadays, used to pc game a lot.
    him: oh yeah? I play World of Warcraft, do you know that game?
    me: sure, I used to play, last...
    him: OH YES IT'S SO FUN RIGHT! I HAVE lvl70 HEROES in all classes!!!
    me: O_o uhm, cool? You wanna come over to play some tekken.
    him: no I have carpel tunnel syndrome with these games. Say, what character have you got in WoW?
    me: uhm, I had a lvl 45 night elf.
    him: walks away.

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Gaming aint about having fun, son. Gaming's about showing how HARDCORE you are and getting a trophy/achievement/pointless facebook post about how HARDCORE you are! The first time I met one of my uni friends, the conversation went like this:

me: hey do you play any video games?
    him: sure I do, what consoles you got?
    me: oh I'm mainly playing on my ps3 nowadays, used to pc game a lot.
    him: oh yeah? I play World of Warcraft, do you know that game?
    me: sure, I used to play, last...
    him: OH YES IT'S SO FUN RIGHT! I HAVE lvl70 HEROES in all classes!!!
    me: O_o uhm, cool? You wanna come over to play some tekken.
    him: no I have carpel tunnel syndrome with these games. Say, what character have you got in WoW?
    me: uhm, I had a lvl 45 night elf.
    him: walks away.

:yes:
    Wow he isn't a gamer, he is just a person who values game achievements than actually playing the game for fun. HARDCORE as you would call it, i would call it DEPRESSING.

Pre trophies on PS3 was great, but now on all games, with online trophies i've noticed, just play to get a trophy and make the team lose instead of helping out the team to win the game :rolleyes:

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    Lmao do you remember the days of ps3 pre-trophies where games were played for fun? :p: I miss those days.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, I think games are much more fun since trophies were introduced. Some of the challenges are really good. Sure, they don't mean anything, but it's fun to try and get them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    I disagree, I think games are much more fun since trophies were introduced. Some of the challenges are really good. Sure, they don't mean anything, but it's fun to try and get them anyway.
    Not when people in your team are focused on getting a trophy instead of making their team lose, eg. by getting to the top of a dome/building all game time

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.