Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Nazi Zombies sometime?
    Don't have WaW... I heard it wasn't so good so I never got it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Don't have WaW... I heard it wasn't so good so I never got it...
    You heard correctly! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen this ?

http://n4g.com/NewsCom-443331.aspx?CT=1#Comments

MW2 prestige hack , you can go to 10th prestige in a matter of minutes , and everyone is doing it.

I think its very stupid though, being 10th prestige and playing crap wont make you better at the game. And Sony / Infinity Ward can easily spot those with low xp being at 10th prestige.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Has anyone seen this ?

http://n4g.com/NewsCom-443331.aspx?CT=1#Comments

MW2 prestige hack , you can go to 10th prestige in a matter of minutes , and everyone is doing it.

I think its very stupid though, being 10th prestige and playing crap wont make you better at the game. And Sony / Infinity Ward can easily spot those with low xp being at 10th prestige.
    :zomg:

That's insane! Really no point in prestige now if anyone can just hack it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't know if anyone knows the answer to do this but...

Say if I were to get a PS3 Slim off eBay or something, and the seller doesn't have the receipt... could I claim for a warranty repair without the receipt?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the PS3, but when I had a Xbox 360 and it RROD I phoned up microsoft , and they asked for the serial/model number , after I gave it to them , they arranged for the repair. So you could still get it repaired but you might aswell get it from somewhere that guarantees it, rather than wasting 200+

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone knows the answer to do this but...

Say if I were to get a PS3 Slim off eBay or something, and the seller doesn't have the receipt... could I claim for a warranty repair without the receipt?
    As long as it's the original Sony one year guarantee you should be fine, as all you need is the PS3's serial number. You won't need a receipt for Sony to carry out the repair.

If on the other hand, the PS3 had a three year warranty with Gamestation or something, you would need the receipt if you wanted Gamestation to fix any issues that you had.

ReputationRep:
    We will finally be able to have a feel of Gran Turismo 5 !
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/...-demo-details/

Too bad the playable cars are crap

ReputationRep:
    Just done a breakdown of my costs from selling my 40GB PS3 and the four games and PlayTV that I got with my 250GB slim and between eBay, Pay"Pal" and the post office it's cost me over £60.

Code:
    Price    Insertion   Buy It Now   Final Value Fee   Pay"Pal"     Postage
    Killzone 2     17.00   0.10        0.10          1.48              0.86         2.19      12.27
    Uncharted      15.50   0.10        0.10          1.45              0.73         1.65      11.47
    PlayTV         53.50   1.00        0.25          5.00              2.29         5.79      39.17
    Resistance 2   14.50   0.10        0.10          1.35              0.69         1.65      10.61
    MotorStorm PR  17.00   0.10        0.10          1.48              0.86         2.44      12.02
    PS3 40GB      178.00   1.30        0.25         16.49              6.25         6.49     147.22
                  295.50   2.70        0.90         27.25             11.68        20.21     232.76
    All-in-all I've raised £232.76 which means after paying £284 for my slim, I got it for £51.24, not too bad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Just done a breakdown of my costs from selling my 40GB PS3 and the four games and PlayTV that I got with my 250GB slim and between eBay, Pay"Pal" and the post office it's cost me over £60.

Code:
    Price    Insertion   Buy It Now   Final Value Fee   Pay"Pal"     Postage
    Killzone 2     17.00   0.10        0.10          1.48              0.86         2.19      12.27
    Uncharted      15.50   0.10        0.10          1.45              0.73         1.65      11.47
    PlayTV         53.50   1.00        0.25          5.00              2.29         5.79      39.17
    Resistance 2   14.50   0.10        0.10          1.35              0.69         1.65      10.61
    MotorStorm PR  17.00   0.10        0.10          1.48              0.86         2.44      12.02
    PS3 40GB      178.00   1.30        0.25         16.49              6.25         6.49     147.22
                  295.50   2.70        0.90         27.25             11.68        20.21     232.76
    All-in-all I've raised £232.76 which means after paying £284 for my slim, I got it for £51.24, not too bad.
    When did you sell your 40GB? You got £178 for it?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    When did you sell your 40GB? You got £178 for it?! :eek3:
    I sold it yesterday for £165 + £13 postage (hopefully I can send it for £6.49 with my Dad's mate). People on eBay are idiots and pay way over the odds for things, I don't know if they get carried away or what. That's the only reason I put up with all the costs involved.
    I'm currently listing MW2 hoping to get £36 for it :eek:.

I downloaded wipeout + fury today and having installed wipeout i can't find where the fury add on is in the xmb...any ideas? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone played Smash Cars? the demo is alright but I can't decide whether it's worth the 12 quid price tag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    I downloaded wipeout + fury today and having installed wipeout i can't find where the fury add on is in the xmb...any ideas? :sad:
    Have you tried Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List?

(Original post by Roobsa)
    Have you tried Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List?
    Yeah, but then I'd have to download it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Yeah, but then I'd have to download it again.
    What about Network > Download Management? Maybe try download a demo or something so that option becomes available, if it's not there and see if it's in that list.

ReputationRep:
    What's going here?
    oi nosey

ReputationRep:
    I've just done chapter 14 of Uncharted

Spoiler:
    Show
    Train mission

Now I'm all a-stressed. That game sure knows how to increase the bloody adrenaline.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    I sold it yesterday for £165 + £13 postage (hopefully I can send it for £6.49 with my Dad's mate). People on eBay are idiots and pay way over the odds for things, I don't know if they get carried away or what. That's the only reason I put up with all the costs involved.
    I'm currently listing MW2 hoping to get £36 for it :eek:.
    :eek3: :woo: I'm going to ask for £160 delivered on HUKD. :ninja: But first I have to get a Slim first, I don't want to lose any game saves...

Am I right in saying that you've copied the game saves from your old PS3 via the ethernet cable? Any tips to how I should copy my PS3 HDD to minimise data loss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Are you sure Fury wasn't automatically installed when it finished downloading? Try playing Wipeout and see if it's different to what the original game is meant to be like.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.