Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :eek3: :woo: I'm going to ask for £160 delivered on HUKD. :ninja: But first I have to get a Slim first, I don't want to lose any game saves...

Am I right in saying that you've copied the game saves from your old PS3 via the ethernet cable? Any tips to how I should copy my PS3 HDD to minimise data loss?
    You can use the new data transfer utility that came with firmware update 3.15 can't you? You don't even need an external HDD now.

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: :woo: I'm going to ask for £160 delivered on HUKD. :ninja: But first I have to get a Slim first, I don't want to lose any game saves...

Am I right in saying that you've copied the game saves from your old PS3 via the ethernet cable? Any tips to how I should copy my PS3 HDD to minimise data loss?
    It's very easy:
    Sync your trophies on the phatty.
    Update your slim and phatty to firmware 3.15.
    Turn them both off.
    Connect the phatty to the slim directly via ethernet.
    Turn them both on.
    Go to Settings > System Settings on each one and choose the option to tranfer data FROM on the phatty and the option to transfer data TO on the slim.
    Leave it to do it's thing.

Once it's completed, your slim will be setup and contain an exact copy of all the data on the phatty, even copy-protected stuff.

Also, the HUKD people are pretty stingy as they know where to buy stuff from for the cheapest so I think overall you do tend to make slightly more on eBay for technology stuff.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    It's very easy:
    Sync your trophies on the phatty.
    Update your slim and phatty to firmware 3.15.
    Turn them both off.
    Connect the phatty to the slim directly via ethernet.
    Turn them both on.
    Go to Settings > System Settings on each one and choose the option to tranfer data FROM on the phatty and the option to transfer data TO on the slim.
    Leave it to do it's thing.

Once it's completed, your slim will be setup and contain an exact copy of all the data on the phatty, even copy-protected stuff.

Also, the HUKD people are pretty stingy as they know where to buy stuff from for the cheapest so I think overall you do tend to make slightly more on eBay for technology stuff.
    Cool thanks for that.

Yeah, I just posted a quick ad without any pictures just to see if If there is any interest... if not, eBay it is.

ReputationRep:
    tdm anyone?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have a question about Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time...

There's a trophy for completing the game on casual, medium and hard... if I complete it first time on hard, do I still have to complete the other 2 lower levels?

ReputationRep:

There's a trophy for completing the game on casual, medium and hard... if I complete it first time on hard, do I still have to complete the other 2 lower levels?
    you filthy trophy whore... :p: I'm finishing it on medium, then going onto hard anyway.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by darkos87)
    you filthy trophy whore... :p: I'm finishing it on medium, then going onto hard anyway.
    :sexface: But then you'd still need to go down to casual! I don't think I'd like to complete a game 3 times.... :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:

Ratchet has difficulty levels now? :eek:

GameFAQs says no. :nah:

I really think I should be picking this game up soon, so can anyone recommend a good deal on it anywhere?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Ratchet has difficulty levels now? :eek:

GameFAQs says no. :nah:

I really think I should be picking this game up soon, so can anyone recommend a good deal on it anywhere?
    Indeed!

Schweet, I'm doing it on Hard just now. :sexface:

I had to get it from eBay... £30 delivered was the best I got... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why won't my PSP update to v6.2? It just tells me that the update is corrupted - and yes, I've tried redownloading it! :stomp:

Any ideas? :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have no idea about PSPs... don't have one.

I'm getting closer to owning a PS3 Slim. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea about PSPs... don't have one.

I'm getting closer to owning a PS3 Slim. :ninja:
    Any takers on HUKD?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Any takers on HUKD?
    Not yet, but there's someone who is looking for one... phat or slim. Awaiting a reply... I see a 250GB Slim which I am going to buy now? :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sack boy fans... bigmo

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/55650...-keyring-figur

Edit:
    Bid £210 for 250GB Slim, knowing that I can get one for £240 form ShopTo.

ReputationRep:

Lots of Heavy Rain previews:

http://kotaku.com/5425776/heavy-rain...bitious-sorrow

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/14/he...lks-marketing/

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/14/heavy-rain-preview/

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure...&mode=previews

ReputationRep:
    What the hell happened to Agent, the press release from Rockstar got me pumped but since August I've heard nothing. Its supposed to be an action espionage title based on elements of the cold war (espionage action is the absolute :sexface:) I also want it to stay exclusive as single console releases tend to fair better in terms of graphics and polish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    What the hell happened to Agent, the press release from Rockstar got me pumped but since August I've heard nothing. Its supposed to be an action espionage title based on elements of the cold war (espionage action is the absolute :sexface:) I also want it to stay exclusive as single console releases tend to fair better in terms of graphics and polish.
    There seems to be very little news since E3 (it's a little scary that that was almost half a year ago!), though this post on Rockstar's website in September seems to confirm a 2010 release... :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone have Demon's Souls?

ReputationRep:
    I am currently unimpressed with my PS3. I bought in May, but didn't use it until today due to lack of space and various 360 games to play and on updating the thing for Dragon Age: Origins, the thing gives me its version of a RROD. Not funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I am currently unimpressed with my PS3. I bought in May, but didn't use it until today due to lack of space and various 360 games to play and on updating the thing for Dragon Age: Origins, the thing gives me its version of a RROD. Not funny.
    there are a lot of really good games on ps3 + free online + blu ray. :cool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.