Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Actually tbh I have the same problem, like my mates came round with PES (:eviltongue:) and it took quite a while to update it but one time we were round at someone elses house and it took them (due to their terrible internet) the best part of an hour to download an update.
    Exactly
    Thanks for the info on the Sony update though - how will that work? Put in Disc 1, let it update in the background while playing Disc 2? Or it'll automatically update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Exactly
    Thanks for the info on the Sony update though - how will that work? Put in Disc 1, let it update in the background while playing Disc 2? Or it'll automatically update?
    I've no idea, IIRC it was at E3 that they said something along those lines but I can't be sure how it would work. I reckon it should just work off you're trophies as it would give a good indication of what games you own so it should just download updates for all of em.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm confused over the R&C:CiT trophies... I'm on the last planet on the last sector and I've got 29% of the trophies... and there's only 18 left... I have the other 19... Shouldn't I have over 50% of the trophies? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I'm confused over the R&C:CiT trophies... I'm on the last planet on the last sector and I've got 29% of the trophies... and there's only 18 left... I have the other 19... Shouldn't I have over 50% of the trophies? :hmmmm2:
    No I think there's a weighting on the type of trophy.

So bronze trophies don't count towards the % as much as a gold trophy would for example.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    No I think there's a weighting on the type of trophy.

So bronze trophies don't count towards the % as much as a gold trophy would for example.
    Oh I see...

ReputationRep:
    Modnation Beta Key

http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/modnation/

You need to create a US PSN to activate the code , but get the code as there are only 2000.

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea, IIRC it was at E3 that they said something along those lines but I can't be sure how it would work. I reckon it should just work off you're trophies as it would give a good indication of what games you own so it should just download updates for all of em.
    That's a good idea... I suppose it'd include games where they have trophies, but you have 0% but have played the game? As long as they're set up on your profile?
    I'd like that actually.
    Or maybe it could work on save data on your PS3 itself?

ReputationRep:
    Since moving to Spain for the year and leaving my housemates (and hence our PS3) I decided to buy my own today. 250GB slim with CoDMW2, Assassin's Creed II and Oblivion GOTY. Finally got my own. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Details of Premium PSN Service Leaked

A picture was leaked out showing some possible premium content for a paid PSN service. Exciting stuff! :woo:

Personally, if option 2 had access to beta games, it would be a pretty wicked service.

ReputationRep:
    the trophy weighting is absolutely pointless. James99 has 12 platinums and is level 12. I have 2 platinums and I am... level 12.

edit: ok maybe i'm level 11... still make a point though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I defeated Nefarious... and he killed me at the same time. :facepalm2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It still counted. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I defeated Nefarious... and he killed me at the same time. :facepalm2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It still counted. :yep:
    My copy just arrived :awesome: (got it for only £25 new :woo:).

I now have the 'problem' of deciding whether to start R&C or inFamous first...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    My copy just arrived :awesome: (got it for only £25 new :woo:).

I now have the 'problem' of deciding whether to start R&C or inFamous first...
    I've played it 20hrs 24mins according to the game... still not finished... just a wee bitty to go. :indiff: Eeny Miney Mo? Flip a coin?

Edit:
    Got 3 trophies tonight on R&C... goes up to 52%, went up by 23%?! :lolwut: 2 gold, 1 bronze IIRC

Edit2: I actually got 6. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've played it 20hrs 24mins according to the game... still not finished... just a wee bitty to go. :indiff: Eeny Miney Mo? Flip a coin?
    Don't give up until you get that Platinum! :king1:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Don't give up until you get that Platinum! :king1:
    Of course. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Since moving to Spain for the year and leaving my housemates (and hence our PS3) I decided to buy my own today. 250GB slim with CoDMW2, Assassin's Creed II and Oblivion GOTY. Finally got my own. :gthumb:
    :yeah:

Nice one buddy!

Gotta get some MW2 action in before 2010!!!

ReputationRep:
    im drunk and awake n e 1 else?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    :mmm: you have no trophies :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    the trophy weighting is absolutely pointless. James99 has 12 platinums and is level 12. I have 2 platinums and I am... level 12.

edit: ok maybe i'm level 11... still make a point though
    lol...yeah I noticed that! You have about 60 more bronze trophies than me but I have 6 times as many platinums and twice as many golds. How does that work!?

Oh well, the whole "level" thing is pretty much pointless anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: you have no trophies :p:
    How do I get my gamercard to update?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.